[Official] Eevee Showdown

[quote name='londar' timestamp='1366147008' post='289703']
Don't know, versus a good Umbreon ( Full Def ) a 140 power Facade ( Adamant Full Atk Flareon ) does still pretty low damages....then Moonlight

[img]http://i50.tinypic.com/25737er.png[/img]

( 72/78/85 with Silk Scarf )

Don't like this tournament....

Here is a bonus:

[img]http://i49.tinypic.com/wk8km.png[/img]
[/quote]
>moonlight
>Gen 4 onwards hyper beam

[quote name='Emlee' timestamp='1366147513' post='289726']
[b]Point of the tournament:[/b]
[size=4]Try something new,[size=5][b] try to develop a strategy, [/b][/size]enjoy yourself; have fun. If we were looking for a serious, traditional tournament then we would not require the use of a lvl 50 Eevee in your team, and would not restrict you to Eeveelutions.[/size]

It's a break from traditional tournaments and a way to earn an [b]awesome[/b] prize.

Good luck to all who participate, I am excited to see what happens.
[/quote]

[quote name='Orangeslash' timestamp='1366146187' post='289641']
Taunt and Rest are now banned moves.
[/quote]

Welp

Wait, this is doubles.

This isn't going to fucking work lmfao

[quote name='Emlee' timestamp='1366149233' post='289785']
You may have missed the point of that post entirely.
[/quote]

I think you missed the point of his.

No rest + no taunt = HAHA TIME FOR TOXIC IT IS THE BEST MOVE OK

[quote name='Archinix' timestamp='1366150540' post='289827']
Emlee -.- Gimme all my old eevees back :P

Kinda gave you them when I was too lazy to train them, remember? So yeah I need them back..

Shiny Umbreon..........
[/quote]

GM's cant help you sorry.

[quote name='Plague' timestamp='1366149574' post='289793']
Wait, this is doubles.

This isn't going to fucking work lmfao

I think you missed the point of his.

No rest + no taunt = HAHA TIME FOR TOXIC IT IS THE BEST MOVE OK
[/quote]

Point of my post was to emphasize it being a tournament to have [i]fun with. [/i]
If you do not believe this event is suited to you then that is fine. Not all events will be of interest to every player.
I am not going to reiterate this further, nor argue back and forth.

Although a majority of tournaments will be tailored towards highly competitive players, we will also have some fun tournaments as well.

This falls under the latter. This also gives players who may not be too familiar with competitive play a chance to compete for a great prize. I hope everyone has fun, and further "concerns" about the tournament can be directed to me and Emlee via PM.

Ok for anyone who would be interested here is some short analyze of this meta

[img]http://img593.imageshack.us/img593/2643/shinylickitung.jpg[/img]

The picture show all possible moves of the different pokemons and black spotted the moves rest and taunt. Now I should probably black spotted the double team and other banned moves as well but hopefully you know them.

Now preparing for this, it is important to know some basic knowledge about how to double duel.

Now your goal can be defined as to get your opponents pokemon down as quick as possible and total goal is to do this while making sure he has as little impact on your team as possible.

Now a common strategy here is "It is better to kill one pokemon this round and the next pokemon next round than 0 pokemons this round and 2 pokemons next round. And the idea behind this is that he will end up getting one fewer move put out in action if you succeed in this. Therefor a popular strategy is to kill of the heavy damage dealers first so they cant damage you more while the tanks and stallers which would live anyway can be more or less left alone for now.

Example: Your opponent has a Umbreon and a Jolteon out on the battlefield, you know the Jolteon deals 80% of the damage of his team and the Umbreon deals 20% of the damage on his team, at the same time you know you would need 2 attack moves to get jolteon down but 7 attack moves to get Umbreon down. Now then the logical choice is to get his jolteon down already first round and deal with his umbreon later, maybe when 2v1

Now further more there is also attacks that will attack both opponent pokemons but for weakened power. This could also be used to wear the one you are "leaving alone" down already while at the same time killing your targets. Umbreon take some damage from the surf and can now only stand 6 more turns while he sends in an Espeon which you know your Eevee can kill with HP ghost. Here we move to a bit more advanced strategy involved in this double battle.

You also know that your Vaporeon can 3hko his Espeon with the stab surf and at the same time wear his umbreon down and he got a flareon holding back so he is interested in getting rid of the Vaporeon now. You also know you did take 1 attack last turn and now will barely lives from his psychic and therefor he will probably try to attack your Vaporeon with both Espeon and Umbreon. Now here comes a key move in double battle into play. By having [b]PROTECT[/b] your Vaporeon can now use this to hold of the tagging up on him from your opponent and hereby work as a shielded bait while Eevee comes out with the surprise Shadowball (let's just pretend this would be a surprise for your opponent) and you did manage to kill one of his pokemon this round without taking any damage. This is what you could call a successful baiting and your Vaporeon is now ready to just surf that poor Flareon out, Umbreon which probably toxiced umbreon first round to find out about lum berry (or confuse ray same scenario) will by now got to round 3 without yet to have any impact on the game and he is (apparently not) allowed to rest up either.

Your Vaporeon Surf, while your Eevee also attack Flareon to make sure it goes down. All umbreon is doing is toxicing/confusing/lolfainattacking/HPsomething anyway and it will be a 2v1 so a bit late for him to do this now anyway. Now you can use your 2 remaining pokemons to hit this umbreon for as much damage as possible (in reality he would need to be able to tank 6 attacks if he were to rest stall your team now as both pokemons would get 3 hits at him before waking up. Tanking 6 attacks without having any healing item on will be a bit too much even for Umbreon, which is why I wouldn't mind him having rest pretty much.

Of course, this was all just a scenario and your opponent here did not really play well so the actual battle will be different but you should now understand the basic of what you want to achieve in a double battle.

Now, when picking the moves for your pokemon, I HIGHLY recommend to consider the move Protect as often as you can. Protect with some good predicting often let you kill opponent pokemons with your alternative pokemon while they are not doing anything to the protected pokemon as I showed in my scenario of a possible double battle as well.

After that you main goal is to hit the opposing possible pokemons for as much power as you can, calculate for stab, super effective, not very effective moves. If you feel confident you can also try to toxic stall, and you also want to, if possible, been able to outspeed opponent as the faster pokemon of 2 equally strong will end up been the one winning (unless RNG)

If you read and understood this, you are now ready to look at the picture above and pick out the movepool you think fits you better. Also take account for stat changes, weather moves.

If you cant see the moves, they are all available at bulbapedia.

And with this, I will wish all competitors in this tournament good luck, lets hope you found a strategy which will work for you well. Personally I think the one who can pull of an unpredicted HP will have the better chance to win this and Jolteon seems like the strongest pick to me.

[quote name='Windupshark' timestamp='1366155663' post='289968']
Cmmon everybody use ur protect so i can calm mind for free;D
[/quote]

Feel free to calm mind up at those shadowballs anyone can get as much as you like. xD

The Idea is to predict what opponent do and if you predict he is going to use both pokemon to attack 1 (or who the pokemon that hits harder will attack) that one can protect while teammate can attack (shadowball eevee/flareon bite jolteon/vaporeon and shadowball umbreon. xD

But ye, that is also something you can try to counterpredict with if opponent try to use double protect to toxicstall.