[Official] Team Tournament (April)

[quote name='bidoofiscool' timestamp='1366666855' post='301584']
Do we need 3 people on the team or can we have 2?
[/quote]

Pretty sure you need at least 3 members as the format is usually 3players vs 3 players team with 2 winning players moves on.

[quote name='Strychnine' timestamp='1366636648' post='300766']
[u][size=5]Date + Time:[/size][/u]
Date: 27th April
Time: [color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]5:00 PM EDT | 2:00 PM PDT | 9:00 PM GMT[/font][/color]
[/quote]
Slight error here, it should be 10:00 PM GMT

[IMG]http://i34.tinypic.com/3588jrr.png[/IMG]

Not going to lie. Regardless of "how many" UU Tournys there has been or not. This entire month has been about horrible gimmick tournaments and UU and its disappointing. I expected this to happen with the Team Tournament too. Its apparent when something gets into their heads they're going to keep doing it until the fact of the matter is dead. UU is going to be beaten into our skulls one way or another. Just you wait until an absurd and ridiculous NU or U tier list is created. We're going to get 4 or 5 of them in a single month as well.

Get used to "flavor of the month" themes for the rest of the year.

[quote name='kloneman' timestamp='1366668743' post='301629']
Slight error here, it should be 10:00 PM GMT

[spoiler][img]http://i34.tinypic.com/3588jrr.png[/img][/spoiler]
[/quote]
[quote name='kloneman' timestamp='1366669001' post='301639']
Really? Oh didn't know that, my mistake.
[/quote]
Yeah, right now GMT (London) is +4 hours ahead of EDT (New York City), just during Daylight Savings Time (so until November)

Trust me, I do about 30 minutes of research each time someone puts up a new tournament.

If there was more incentive to play in this tournament I'm sure alot of us would be more willing to make UU teams, but you're asking upwards of 48 (to possibly 80) people to all have UU teams (which is not a popular bracket) in such a short time. The time investment just isn't worth it, considering the prize is entry into a thread that barely anyone cares about.

I'd bet my life that an unofficial OU team tourney running on the same time and day as this one would outdraw this tournament.

For the anti-OUers: No one is stopping you from running a UU pokemon in an OU tournament. GoVictory's Venomoth did a very good job in the Sayounara Tourney.

[quote name='Pryce' timestamp='1366671042' post='301702']
For the anti-OUers: No one is stopping you from running a UU pokemon in an OU tournament. GoVictory's Venomoth did a very good job in the Sayounara Tourney.
[/quote]

For the anti-UUers, nobody is stopping you from catching UU pokemon and running them in your OU teams so they don't go to waste.

[quote name='Munya' timestamp='1366671473' post='301721']
For the anti-UUers, nobody is stopping you from catching UU pokemon and running them in your OU teams so they don't go to waste.
[/quote]

You're right, and I run a UU Pokemon in my OU team. But the fact of the matter is, OU encompasses all tiers. The trainer is allowed to choose whatever team they want in an OU tournament. It doesn't exile an entire list of Pokemon.

Whats your point? There have been months of official OU tournies, this is one of the first UU official tournies(THE first team one). Being the first team to win a UU team tourny in the hall of fame sounds like a pretty good prize.

[quote name='Pryce' timestamp='1366672353' post='301737']
You're right, and I run a UU Pokemon in my OU team. But the fact of the matter is, OU encompasses all tiers. The trainer is allowed to choose whatever team they want in an OU tournament. It doesn't exile an entire list of Pokemon.
[/quote]

Exactly, it dismisses pokemon we see all the damn time, in every single fight, of every single day, of every single month of every, well going to be year.

Long Live UU.

[quote name='Munya' timestamp='1366672498' post='301747']
Whats your point? There have been months of official OU tournies, this is one of the first UU official tournies(THE first team one).
[/quote]

I think you're riding the UU bandwagon a little bit TOO hard here.

He has a very valid point. Not everyone wants UU. In fact, I'd say most don't. The turn outs haven't been as good as they were for the OU tournaments which should say something. Especially when the "normals" in tournaments are in a thread disappointed about it being UU again. I agree UU should be given a shot, but you CAN space that sort of thing out and save it for next month. No need to overkill and beat UU down on us and force us to do something we don't wanna do right now. Its fine to do UU, but do it sparingly not all at one time until people's morales are shot about doing them.

[quote name='Statius' timestamp='1366672644' post='301751']
Exactly, it dismisses pokemon we see all the damn time, in every single fight, of every single day, of every single month of every, well going to be year.

Long Live UU.
[/quote]

Except you really don't. And if you are, you're watching the wrong places. TONS of various teams have been put together in OU Tournaments. Everyone saying "OH ITS THE SAME POKEMON EVERY TIME!" need to go actually watch the recorded Tournaments from the past two-three months. Its not as obvious and similar as you all seem to think it was.

[quote name='ChrisChris' timestamp='1366672807' post='301760']
Except you really don't. And if you are, you're watching the wrong places. TONS of various teams have been put together in OU Tournaments. Everyone saying "OH ITS THE SAME POKEMON EVERY TIME!" need to go actually watch the recorded Tournaments from the past two-three months. Its not as obvious and similar as you all seem to think it was.
[/quote]

invalid.
You see the same pokemon every time
. <---

[quote name='ChrisChris' timestamp='1366672725' post='301755']
I think you're riding the UU bandwagon a little bit TOO hard here.

He has a very valid point. Not everyone wants UU. In fact, I'd say most don't. The turn outs haven't been as good as they were for the OU tournaments which should say something. Especially when the "normals" in tournaments are in a thread disappointed about it being UU again. I agree UU should be given a shot, but you CAN space that sort of thing out and save it for next month. No need to overkill and beat UU down on us and force us to do something we don't wanna do right now. Its fine to do UU, but do it sparingly not all at one time until people's morales are shot about doing them.
[/quote]

This is true though, too much uu in a row and it has been too much ou in a row.
We need Mix of things
UU this week OU that week etc.
OU more often since it is well.. OU

[quote name='ChrisChris' timestamp='1366672725' post='301755']
but you CAN space that sort of thing out and save it for next month.
[/quote]

And then you'd still complain. It's not terribly hard to get a team of UUs if you're interested and if you're not, no need to bitch and complain about it. If you don't like it please keep your opinions to yourself and don't make multiple posts about how you don't like it.

[quote name='Munya' timestamp='1366672980' post='301765']
Looking at jags list there have been more OU tournies in april than there have been UU, I don't see where this UU getting beaten into the ground thing is coming from.
[/quote]

Plizard's spontaneous UUs. Most Officials have been UU or gimmick'd. Numerous unranked unofficials were UU (I participated in a few that didn't have their results given to Jag to account for).

Trust me, more than enough UUs have been held this month. I'm not saying they're bad, but they don't have to be blocked together and thrown at us consistently. Mix it up, give us an OU, then a UU, then an OU, etc. Spice things up but keep things different and fresh.

[quote name='Statius' timestamp='1366672945' post='301763']
invalid.
You see the same pokemon every time
. <---
[/quote]

This is a horrible way to argue your point, btw. Makes you look more idiotic than smart/"correct".

[quote name='Statius' timestamp='1366673042' post='301767']
This is true though, too much uu in a row and it has been too much ou in a row.
We need Mix of things
UU this week OU that week etc.
OU more often since it is well.. OU
[/quote]

That is exactly what I said and you told me to STFU essentially. I never said UUs were bad. Just mix it up and everything is fine.