[Official] Team Tournament (April)

[quote name='PopestPope' timestamp='1366673348' post='301777']
And then you'd still complain. It's not terribly hard to get a team of UUs if you're interested and if you're not, no need to bitch and complain about it. If you don't like it please keep your opinions to yourself and don't make multiple posts about how you don't like it.
[/quote]

For the love of God, I'm not arguing. I don't mind UUs. In fact I've caught several new ones I've trained in the past two weeks specifically to participate better in them. All I'm saying is not every Tournament in a row has to be UU or gimmick'd. And I realize its not terribly hard to get a team of UUs. I did it fairly easily the last two weeks. But after participating in what feels like UU tournaments for the past 3-4 weeks straight it gets kind of stale and I don't wanna say boring... but not as enjoyable as it is when its after a few OU/gimmick/other types of Tournaments.

I think people are misunderstanding my feelings here. I'm honestly not complaining or trying to say "you're all wrong." I just like a variety of things.

ChrisChris,
Stupid people need explanations.

Everyone knows in OU you see the same pokemon all the time.
People who like OU know its the same pokemon all the time and still nut up to say they still like it that way anyway.
Just say I like OU and the same pokemon people use all the time.
Theres no other way around it.

[quote name='Statius' timestamp='1366673681' post='301785']
ChrisChris,
Stupid people need explanations.

Everyone knows in OU you see the same pokemon all the time.
People who like OU know its the same pokemon all the time and still nut up to say they still like it that way anyway.
Just say I like OU and the same pokemon people use all the time.
Theres no other way around it.
[/quote]

You know I've been ignoring your logic for some time but I'll say it anyway.

That's the point of a Tier system. To see somewhat the same Pokemon every time. Because you're setting aside Pokemon of a theme (OU). Therefore your logic works against you. I see the exact same UU Pokemon every time. We should stop and start making NU tournaments so I don't have to see the same UU Pokemon every time.

However with PokeMMO, they've implemented enough OU Pokemon that you don't actually see the exact same teams every time. You see maybe one familiar Pokemon on each team but generally, everyone uses 2-3 different ones every time. Like I said, go watch the recorded tournaments. Every match has 3-5 different Pokemon total in them. Yes, you'll get the rare match where you might get two Blisseys and two Starmies, but people have also used alternatives to them.

[quote name='ChrisChris' timestamp='1366673769' post='301788']
You know I've been ignoring your logic for some time but I'll say it anyway.

That's the point of a Tier system. To see somewhat the same Pokemon every time. Because you're setting aside Pokemon of a theme (OU). Therefore your logic works against you. I see the exact same UU Pokemon every time. We should stop and start making NU tournaments so I don't have to see the same UU Pokemon every time.
[/quote]

You dont see the exact same pokemon in uu every time.
chris.
stahp.
your drunk.

No, you do see the same Pokemon in UU very often. You see them being used because they're good, just like people run Starmies and Snorlax in OU. We originally had a UU tier made because we were tired of seeing the same thing in OU, and wanted a list that we could use for running UU tournaments, so we would stop seeing the same things. The difference between OU and UU right now is that there is more incentive to be creative in UU because a vast majority of the available Pokemon are in NU or UU, and in a UU environment NU Pokemon can show off a bit more, but the Pokemon up in OU are too powerful for even UUs to handle.

Examples of pokemon you see in UU a lot: Walrein(!!), Dodrio, Weezing(!!), Arcanine, Muk, Dodrio, Politoed(!!), Forretress(!!), Steelix, Dodrio, and recently we've been seeing a lot of Ludicolo.

[quote name='ChrisChris' timestamp='1366674145' post='301795']
Walrein, Banette, Venomoth, Magneton, Rapidash, Weezing, Forretress, Steelix all wanna say hello.
[/quote]

Easy win for me if you use those lol just sayin'
there is grumpig, clef, blast, kabu, pory, and just shit loads of others that prove best in UU.

whats ou? lax-exegg-skar-bliss-dusc-starmie-maro-umbreon?

[quote name='ChrisChris' timestamp='1366668904' post='301635']
Not going to lie. Regardless of "how many" UU Tournys there has been or not. This entire month has been about horrible gimmick tournaments and UU and its disappointing. I expected this to happen with the Team Tournament too. Its apparent when something gets into their heads they're going to keep doing it until the fact of the matter is dead. UU is going to be beaten into our skulls one way or another. Just you wait until an absurd and ridiculous NU or U tier list is created. We're going to get 4 or 5 of them in a single month as well.

Get used to "flavor of the month" themes for the rest of the year.
[/quote]
[quote name='Pryce' timestamp='1366671042' post='301702']
If there was more incentive to play in this tournament I'm sure alot of us would be more willing to make UU teams, but you're asking upwards of 48 (to possibly 80) people to all have UU teams (which is not a popular bracket) in such a short time. The time investment just isn't worth it, considering the prize is entry into a thread that barely anyone cares about.

I'd bet my life that an unofficial OU team tourney running on the same time and day as this one would outdraw this tournament.

For the anti-OUers: No one is stopping you from running a UU pokemon in an OU tournament. GoVictory's Venomoth did a very good job in the Sayounara Tourney.
[/quote]

this

[quote name='Gilgamesh' timestamp='1366674352' post='301801']
No, you do see the same Pokemon in UU very often. You see them being used because they're good, just like people run Starmies and Snorlax in OU. We originally had a UU tier made because we were tired of seeing the same thing in OU, and wanted a list that we could use for running UU tournaments, so we would stop seeing the same things. The difference between OU and UU right now is that there is more incentive to be creative in UU because a vast majority of the available Pokemon are in NU or UU, and in a UU environment NU Pokemon can show off a bit more, but the Pokemon up in OU are too powerful for even UUs to handle.

Examples of pokemon you see in UU a lot: Walrein(!!), Weezing(!!), Arcanine, Muk, Dodrio, Politoed(!!), Forretress(!!), Steelix, Dodrio, and recently we've been seeing a lot of Ludicolo.
[/quote] lol two dodrios :33

[quote name='Gilgamesh' timestamp='1366674352' post='301801']

Examples of pokemon you see in UU a lot: Walrein(!!), Weezing(!!), Arcanine, Muk, Dodrio, Politoed(!!), Forretress(!!), Steelix, Dodrio, and recently we've been seeing a lot of Ludicolo.
[/quote]

At least someone somewhat agrees with/sees my point.

[quote name='Statius' timestamp='1366674373' post='301803']
Easy win for me if you use those lol just sayin'
there is grumpig, clef, blast, kabu, pory, and just shit loads of others that prove best in UU.

[/quote]

I'm done. You are just one of the most ignorantly idiotic people to have a discussion with. You completely side-step points and try to make shit up as you go thinking you've backed your own points up when you just dodge and start something entirely different.

[quote name='ChrisChris' timestamp='1366674521' post='301811']
At least someone somewhat agrees with/sees my point.

I'm done. You are just one of the most ignorantly idiotic people to have a discussion with. You completely side-step points and try to make shit up as you go thinking you've backed your own points up when you just dodge and start something entirely different.
[/quote]

invalid.
its all biased.
but true.

Everyone knows its all l[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]ax-exegg-skar-bliss-dusc-starmie-maro-umbreon just nut up ffs.[/font][/color]

[quote name='Statius' timestamp='1366674373' post='301803']
[/quote]
Those and Gengar, Crobat, Aerodactyl, Ursaring, Salamence, Slowbro, Electrode, Kangashkan, Lapras, Heracross, Hypno, Jolteon, Kingdra, and I've been seeing a lot of Machamp lately.

Both tiers have plenty of viable Pokemon, and it's not the same on every single team for OU [i]or[/i] UU.

There have been a total of 3 Official UU tournaments this month (including this one).
One was a regular 4v4
One was doubles
One is a Team Tournament.

I'm not sure what the issue is. What I think we'll see which teams can adapt to different tiers and are overall better teams.

[quote name='Strychnine' timestamp='1366675156' post='301830']
There have been a total of 3 Official UU tournaments this month (including this one).
One was a regular 4v4
One was doubles
One is a Team Tournament.

I'm not sure what the issue is. What I think we'll see which teams can adapt to different tiers and are overall better teams.
[/quote]

There's no issue at all. I was just pointing out that this month has been all UU and gimmicks. A lot of gimmicks.

I just was hoping you'd have thrown in an OU somewhere in-between to at least keep things mixed and fresh. No complaints, I just enjoy when things aren't always so continuous. It feels like you're beating a dead horse by doing the same thing every single time for a month straight is all. I know the gimmicks are supposed to be those "mix up" tournaments. But even they have been very oriented around very odd concepts that don't quite work (well maybe the Kanto Cup is an exception).

I also realize the whole "but we had every Tournament be OU for 3 months straight!" argument. But at the time we didn't have a UU Tier list. Now that we do, we can actually mix things up and keep things interestingly fresh.

[quote name='Chestbrah' timestamp='1366675252' post='301832']
agree w chris and pryce

imo whichever team wins this tournament will be less accomplished compared to the other months winners

[Spoiler]also let me guess next months team tourny will be back to OU? so whichever team wins this month tourny will be labeled as only good w UU[/spoiler]
[/quote]

and they will be labeled only good with OU.

[quote name='ChrisChris' timestamp='1366675344' post='301834']
There's no issue at all. I was just pointing out that this month has been all UU and gimmicks. A lot of gimmicks.

I just was hoping you'd have thrown in an OU somewhere in-between to at least keep things mixed and fresh. No complaints, I just enjoy when things aren't always so continuous. It feels like you're beating a dead horse by doing the same thing every single time for a month straight is all. I know the gimmicks are supposed to be those "mix up" tournaments. But even they have been very oriented around very odd concepts that don't quite work (well maybe the Kanto Cup is an exception).

I also realize the whole "but we had every Tournament be OU for 3 months straight!" argument. But at the time we didn't have a UU Tier list. Now that we do, we can actually mix things up and keep things interestingly fresh.
[/quote]
better explained, impossible.