[Denied]Team Benefit - EXP and Shiny Encounter Bonus While in the Same Channel

Implement a system where if you are training within the vicinity of your Team (same channel), you get a slight increase in experience earned / the chances of finding a shiny pokemon are slightly increased.

I like it.

Possibly 5% exp increase when training near teammates

So far, people are not a fan of it being an initial 1% boost and stacking when more teammates come, maxing at 5%.

poster_o34s64qus3.jpg

Rap music

[spoiler]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCbWLSZrZfw
[/spoiler]

Implement a system where if you are training within the vicinity of your Team (same channel), you get a slight increase in experience earned / the chances of finding a shiny pokemon are slightly increased.

Idk, what do you think I am, psychic?

This could easily be abused, so the shiny rate should not be changed. Everyone could (in theory) join the same team, to make the rates increased for everyone

EDIT: I like the idea though, kinda makes sence that we "make each other better"

There is a 100 person max for each team

If 100 people of the same team just happened to be online all at the same time, and then all went to the same location, that would be fun for no one (also highly unlikely)

How could something as small as a 1% increase be abused (assuming it is regardless of the amount of teammates).

What if for every 1 person on your team in the same location, you got a 1% exp boost, maxing at 5 people, which is 5%.

Ok going to give my suggestion on this and taking something someone said above and out it in my answer.

You get a 1% exp boost when one member from your group is in the same channel as you. Max is 5 percent exp boost. If there are more members in same channel, then the extra five count for a one time boost of 10 percent then it goes back to 5. So you log on you have 5 members online. You get five percent boost. Then five others log on and you get a one time ten percent boost. And to not abuse this you can get this once every 24 hours in pokemmo.

Also if you have more than ten members in same channel as you they don't count for anything sounds good?

Ok going to give my suggestion on this and taking something someone said above and out it in my answer.

You get a 1% exp boost when one member from your group is in the same channel as you. Max is 5 percent exp boost. If there are more members in same channel, then the extra five count for a one time boost of 10 percent then it goes back to 5. So you log on you have 5 members online. You get five percent boost. Then five others log on and you get a one time ten percent boost. And to not abuse this you can get this once every 24 hours in pokemmo.

Also if you have more than ten members in same channel as you they don't count for anything sounds good?

It's not just same channel, it's also the same location. Also that was kind of confusing and sounds a bit overpowered I think.

I get what you're trying to set up, but could you explain it? 

Why the hell would our Pokemon learn faster/get stronger by being other people?

The power of friendship.

The power of friendship.

TOO stronk 
Srs tho it should not stack if any teammate is there it should increase by 5% no matter how many people are there. And as for shines i don't think that percentage should increase, this could slowly but surely destroy the shiny market

Seems horribly difficult to implement it to make any sense.

Training with your teammates

You learn from each other and your pokemon *learn* from your teammates pokemon

You gain more experience...

Think of it as like an assisted kill in Call of Duty or Halo.

They also had the same thing in maplestory with "parties"

At first I was like: Well, I don't know... maybe that can be exploitable, and do we really need more shiny/exp benefits?

Then I heard the rap music and I was sold.

+Support

srs bsns: I think having unlockable benefits for teams would be a welcome addition to the game... for instance if you get X 'team-exp' by one means or another, you can get Y benefit for being apart of that team. Or like OP said, having X team members around gives a benefit of Y.

Honestly, such a thing would be a pretty big undertaking, and I would rather see other regions added before team perks. I still think it is a pretty good idea though.

I was thinking earlier today while playing WoW how cool it'd be to have team perks like they have guild perks on there. It's more like what Elderberry said though, not so much like the OP here. But basically doing different things earns more guild experience and as your guild levels up you get some sweet perks. Something like that would encourage the whole team idea, and then I could yell at my teammates while they stand in Viridian all day staring at a pond. And if it were actually based off exp gained from pokemon battles it could even encourage people to get more into level 100s since it gives more reason to level more.

Think of it as like an assisted kill in Call of Duty or Halo.

They also had the same thing in maplestory with "parties"

Comparing something to Call of Duty is a quick way to lose credibility. Also, there's a big difference from an assist and an aura of bullshit. 

WoW experience was gained quicker with a party, but that was only because the party could tackle things quicker. The only equivalent I can see working in PokeMMO would have to center around the double battle system - which is already a part of the handhelds (Dark grass that has double battles also gives boosted EXP due to higher leveled Pokemon). I discourage this particular setup, but agree with Team mechanics needing some future fleshing out to make them more than a glorified chat room.