[Denied]Earn IVs over time

TL; DWR: Pokémon outrun their bad genes over time.

Slightly less so: I think it that slow IV boosting over long periods would be an interesting (although non-canonical) addition to the game. It could also easily be capped to make sure breeding remains a requirement to obtain Pokémon with immense stats.

Long version.

I think it would be nice that for every ingame day (6 hours in real life), each Pokémon in your party would gain 1 IV in a random stat. If that stat was already at or above the cap/31, it would skip its IV boost in that cycle. Although it's not necessary, I think it'd be a great alternative for people who don't want to simply throw out a Pokémon because it's got low IVs. To keep breeding in the arsenal of the top players of competitions, a cap could easily be added so that after, say, 28 or 20 IVs, the boost would no longer apply itself to that skill. 28 would allow those Pokémon of low breed to overcome their shortcomings over a long period and become dangerous competitors, while 20 would allow them to become viable for producing offspring of superior breed regardless of their original poor genes.

>inb4 either a massive argument or being completely ignored

trainerSince += SECOND;
//Now gimme an...
if (trainerSince % (6 * MINUTE) == 0) {
    for (Pokemon pokemon : party) {
        int IV = (int)(Math.random() * 5);
        if (pokemon.getIV(IV) < CAP) {
            pokemon.incrementIV(IV);
        }
    }
}

Or however you guys do it, it would be nice  :P