The PokeMMO CAP Contest

zNtWQdb.jpg

Explanation: Contestants create a theoretical Pokémon in a Gen III, IV or Gen V metagame.

Note: This is NOT an art contest.

Rules:

The Pokémon has to be completely new, so not based on another Pokémon nor a pre-evolution nor an evolution of an existing Pokémon.

- You have to create a Pokémon by giving:

1. The concept of the Pokémon:
    - Name of the concept (not of the Pokémon): Some words that expresses the concept, like "Status Counter".
    - General Description: The description of the concept, Like: "A pokemon whose presence in the metagame increases the usage of one or more underused types and simultaneously decreases the usage of one or more overused types." or "A good Pokémon with a varied movepool under normal conditions, but it becomes a dangerous sweeping force in sunny weather."
    - Justification: Describe how the concept works in the specified metagame. How is it a nice addition to the specified Metagame?
    - Explanation: Explain the full concept, help us understand the why, how and what of the Pokémon.

2. Typing: Why should this type should be in the specified metagame?
    What other relevance does the typing have to the concept?

3. Threats: What Pokemon will be threatened by the created Pokémon based on typing, and why do we want to hit those Pokémon with the created one?

4. Primary and Secondary Ability. Give reasoning why the Ability is logical to the concept and why it should be in the specified metagame.

5. Stats. Give reasoning why the stats are relevant to the concept and whether it would fill a gap in the specified metagame.

6. Counters: What Pokemon can be a possible counter to the created Pokémon, and why do we want those Pokémon to be able to counter the created Pokémon? 

7. Name: Give reasoning why it is relevant to the concept and explain the etymology of the word (if it exists)

8. Movepool and level up moves list. + Reasoning

9. Explain competetive play with the Pokémon. What sets can it run, and how would it be a nice addition to the specified metagame.

10. 3 Pokedex entries and add a species. Example for species: "Pikachu, the Mouse Pokémon", or "Steelix, the Iron Snake Pokémon."

- Art/Sprite is Optional.

- One submission per person.

- No duplicate or close to duplicate Pokémon, or a closely related entry already posted by others.

- No new types (Fairy type is prohibited as well), no new moves, no new abilities. It should be based on existing characteristics.

You can only choose the abilities and moves that are available in the specified generation.

When the event is over, we'll come up with 3-5 questions for each entry (which will be sent by PM) and you'll have another 2 weeks to give an answer via PM, from October 6th 12 am EDT to October 20th 11 pm EDT.  This is to fill gaps to your theoretical Pokémon.

You are allowed to criticise each others entry, but the discussion has to be kept constructive and the criticism has to contain valid arguments. Useless flaming and bashing will not be tolerated.

Date/Time: August 19th 12am to September 15th 11pm EDT (The thread will unlock/lock at these times)

Prize: 1st Place: Cape

There will be an art contest for the winning Pokémon.

DISCUSSION THREAD

• 3 weeks later...

There we go! Generation 3 was my first pokemon game so I chose this one, then I bought fire red xD

IGN: IgnaTheKing

You are losing damn it! you need something but what! is it a good attack, a tremendous speed OR BOTH!
then lets see this little guy!!!!

[Spoiler]

POKEDEX NUMBER OF HOENN: 204- last pokemon                 GENERATION 3

Type: Ice, Dragon

1. The concept

Name of the concept: Counter Attack; Sweeper, Physical Sweeper

laxm.png
It is just an idea, I did not have anything more to do so I decided to make one at last, it is mine and I can demostrate it if you want to ;D took me a long time to make   

General description : Dracomass is a powerful dragon pokemon designed to resist and try to battle the Ice pokemons. He has a great Attack and Speed. In the aspect of learning tms, he is really a good choise because he can learn a good range of them including almost every ice, fire and dragon attack due to the types. He becomes extremely dangerous when he uses those fire attacks against the ice pokemons, he has a great potential but he and all of the pokemons are limited to 4 attacks, he also has a low defense.Due to the weaknesses the people will start using more fire, steel, fighting and rock pokemons and the people will not use the types flying, Grass and Ground pokemons as much.

Justification: He is a great choise when you fight against the ice type, having this pokemon in your team also means that the ice attacks wont hurt Dracomass as much as the others dragon pokemons because the principal type of Dracomass is the Ice, However, the ice weaknesses will hurt him a lot. His attack and speed are beasts and can make an instant counter attack making the metagame and the battle more entertaining, more interesting and more dynamic. This icy dragon pokemon is necessary in the game since in generation 3, they didnt put it.

Explanation: Many people look for a dragon team has I do because I love dragons.
When we face a trainer this trainer can have an Ice type pokemon and destroy us in 2 secs,
but with Dracomass we have at least one opportunity to face this type putting also the pokemon in disadvantage because now he is vulnerable to several types,

adding more variety to the metagame, do you know the expression? Variety is the spice of life, well in a metagame it is always applied.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2.Typing: I think this is a pokemon that needs to be in a game because in the third generation we face some ice pokemons (I remember Plubio with Sealeo defeating me) and although we are not talking of the other generations I also see it necessary in Sinnoh.

Game freak did put kyurem- he is a dragon, ice type but I feel that is convenient to put a ice, dragon type in the generation 3 and not that late.

Many Ice Pokemons like Jinx(G.1), Dewgong (G.1) , Piloswine(G.2), Regice(G.3) ,Glalie(G.3), Castform Ice (G.3) and a lot more powerful ice pokemons were created in the generation 1, 2 and 3.

This data are statistics and it is true that Kindra, Salamence, Flygon and Dragonite were out but Dragonite was almost unreachable because you needed the GBA link cable and the dragon pokemons were harder to train making it unfair for the dragon trainers.

-Dracomass has a great speed and an awesome attack almost as good as the one of salamence making it one of the most powerful dragon pokemons, if you are losing against any pokemon the stat of the speed and attack is really useful, once you lose a pokemon you can send dracomass to the fight and with his huge speed he can actually attack first and win the battle.

MAIN REASON FOR INCLUDING HIM TO METAGAME; Apart from being one more in the lack of dragon types he is great for strategy and a metagame, he is effective 2X to Dragon, Ground, Grass and Flying and he produces 1/2 to the steel, water,fire and Ice, that added to a dragon type adds more variaty to the combat because he is unprotected to dragon but he is effective to the 2X types mentioned above.

- My inspiration came from the love that I have to my dragon pokemons, it is my favorite type and I have been always waiting to create one until now!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3.Threats:
Through the stats the following will be the ones

-Attacks of ONE-HIT K.O like Fissure that is effective against the electric type.
-Not a mayor threat although dangerous: Pokemons will low speed due to the high speed of Dracomass
- Not a mayor threat although dangerous: Pokemons will high defense due to the high attack of Dracomass that will break the defense

Through the types:
-Pokemons that are in disadvantage and considered threats!!!: Dragonite, Pidgeon, Sceptile, Marowak etc..
- Types that are in disadvantage: the dragon, flying, Grass and Ground types
I chose the following Pokemon because I wanted to give a more competitive look to Pokemon.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4.Abilities:

Primary: shed skin

Grass is kind of safe always because it has several attacks that can put you in a range of status but not anymore because Dracomass uses the same ability of Dragonite ``shed skin´´
Shed skin cures the Pokemon changing the skin having the opportunity to defeat the plant Pokemon with an ice attack.

Secondary: Water Veil

Although is not a water pokemon he has this special ability to protect himself against one of his weaknesses, the fire type.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

5.STATS!

BASE STATS
HP: 93                             Speed: 120
Attack: 135                      Sp.Attack: 105
Defense: 75                    Sp.Defense: 75

TOTAL: 603
similar to the other dragons with a difference of 3 in the total, he has great stats but he has a lack of dfense, putting his defense low makes an opportunity  for the enemy to defeat him and making it FAIR for both trainers, a good combination of stats that has to be in a metagame.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

6.Counters 

Great pokemons that can counter him: Steelix, Golem, Hitmonchan, Hitmonlee, Arcanine, Charizard

Pokemon that learn ONE-HIT K.O attacks like fissure, Horn drill, Guillotine and Sheer Cold, this last one although it is a ice type it kills dracomass in one touch since the attack is a OHKO, Fissure can be frustrated with magnet rise but unluckily that attack was only available since gen 4 and we are in the third one. As I said in the general description ,due to the weaknesses the people will start using more fire, steel, fighting and rock pokemons and the people will not use the types flying, Grass and Ground pokemons as much.

Any pokemon that is: Fire, Dragon, Fighting, Steel and rock are great against this type of pokemon

*I wanted several types of Pokemon to be great counters for Dracomass because I dont want it UBER, this is because being an ice pokemon has more weaknesses than a dragon pokemon but it offers more opportunities to the fight and makes it more entertaining for the player/trainer.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

7.Name: Dracomass

-the first part of the name comes from latin, Draco means Dragon

-the second part is an English word that represents thekg that he has, aprox. 50kg- he is very light and he has one of the best speeds ingame, it means a dragon with mass: referring to the speed
of the mentioned Pokemon.

8.Movepool:

DRACOMASS
BY LEVEL

MOVE                TYPE                          POWER             ACCURACY
Lvl1
Twister               Dragon                          40                        100

Lvl1
Leer ;                 Normal ;                         ---                        100

Lvl1
Bite                    Dark                               60                       100

Lvl1
Smoke Screen   Normal                            ---                       100

Lvl6
Powder snow      Ice                                  40                      100

Lvl 13
Quick attack       Normal                            40                      100

Lvl 17
Dragonbreath    Dragon                           60                       100

Lvl 25
Icy Wind             Ice                                  55                        95

Lvl 33
Rest                   Psychic                          ---                        ---

Lvl 41
Snore                 Normal                           40                        100

Lvl 46
Ice Punch           Ice                                 75                        100

Lvl 50
DragonDance     Dragon                          ---                         ----

Lvl 57
Wing Attack        Flying                             60                        100

Lvl 61
Blizzard              Ice                                  120                        70

Lvl 75

Hyper Beam       Normal                           150                        90

Lvl 81
Extreme Speed  Normal                             80                       100

HM-> that the pokemon can learn- Fly, Strenght, Cut<br />

Eggmoves- Dragon Rage, Dragon Claw, Ice Beam, Outrage and Dragonbreath<br />

I made a table in word but it got deleted :'(

TMS THAT DRACOMASS CAN LEARN
Dragon Claw
Roar
Protect
Earthquake
Hyperbeam
Attract
Substitute
Rest
Flamethrower
Double Team
SandStorm
Toxic
Blizzard
Thunder
Thunderwave
Thief
Aerial Ace
FireBlast
Bide
Ice Beam
Water Gun
Autodestruction
Fisure
Fire Blast

By tutoring!
Headbutt
Thunder wave
Mimic
Sword dance
Double-edge
Body Slam
Soft Boiled
Metronome¡
Explosion

Reasoning: I want it to learn several moves that are not Ice type and Dragon type, he learns a good range of them and he does learn as well some of the normal Ice &amp; dragon attacks, that is basically my reasoning, he can fly because he also learns a flying attack and he learns the HM Fly, he can use strenght and Cut as well

-The attacks are basically excellent combining the ice great attacks with the deadly dragon ones. This is unique and new and it is the base of the reasoning, because appart from having the dragon and ice attacks he also uses & learns the other types moves, this is essencial for the counter attack and can suprise the enemy in many ways to make the battle effective to the player and the enemy.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

9.Roles in a team 

These are the roles of Dracomass.

Anti-Leads- due to great speed and the attack he can kill the pokemons leads, this pokemon is the first pokemon in the enemy team, also there are another leads called setups that spread over the field things like Spikes, Toxic Spikes or Stealh rock, the antilead needs to be the fastest in attack and it also needs to be a great attacker to finish the leads, Dracomass has this stats

ATTACKS - Hyperbeam if permitted -> Ice Beam, Dragon Dance, Flamethrower, Dragon Claw
STATS  Hp: 300       Attack: 380          Sp.Attack: 260          Defense: 214       Sp.Defense: 220        Speed: 340
NATURE- Brave
Does not require an item for this position other than berries.

Suicide-Leads- This is a lead that has an attack like autodestruction, when you are in the battle and you are losing with Dracomass, dracomass can use his speed and finish the pokemon using autodestruction.

ATTACKS- Explosion, earthquake, Dragon dance, Extreme speed
STATS: Hp: 290        Attack: 375         Sp.Attack: 250          Defense: 250       Sp.Defense:200         Speed: 345
NATURE-Naughty
ITEM: Chesto berry to keep awake the pokemon, to make sure the strategy works and the pokemon is able to explote

Sweepers- these are the pokemons that have a great speed and use it to finish the pokemons that have a great attack

ATTACKS- Extreme Speed, Rest, Fire Blast, Blizzard
STATS- Hp:290         Attack: 350         Sp.Attack: 250         Defense: 230       Sp.Defense: 200         Speed: 370
NATURE-Hasty
ITEM-A object that can increase the speed, but it is not really necesary.

Physical sweepers- this role is a bit different and in my opinion the best one for Dracomass, It is based on the attack and the speed, for those that play lol it is like an assassin, a guy that comes with a tremendous attack and speed, easy kill and change in pokemon, this is the perfect role for him.

ATTACKS- 
STATS- Hp  290   Attack: 375        Sp.Attack: 180           Defense: 250      Sp.Defense 200         Speed: 370

NATURE- Adamant

ITEM- Not necesary.

10.Pokedex Entries

When you see it in a cave, running is not an option, it will catch you with his tremendous speed. It habits in the Dark and cold caves because it does not like humans although it is a fantastic companion if you train him from little.

He lives in the dark freezing caves and he is capable of seeing in the dark, it scares the trainers that enter the cave and only the best trainers can catch him in his territory, he is capable of surviving years with only water

Many have studied him and scientifics have confirmed that this pokemon has been living for thousand of years in the darkest cold caves, this pokemon uses a lot the fire and the ice making it really dangerous in his enviroment.

examples for species
Dracomass- The light aggressive dragon

Dracomass- The darkness dragon
Dracomass- The cave dragon
[/Spoiler]
CONGRATULATIONS IF YOU FINISHED IT- YOU JUST READ 1500 words

- just wanted to say that i am spanish and it is not my first language although it is harder for me to make, there you go!
- I am desperate for the cape :DDD

-Why is everyone making dragons now 0_o i did one and now....

ADDITIONAL NOTES*

-had some problems with the coding of the forum

-for the artists participating in the art contest! the sprite that I did do not take it as a guide!

- I wanted to be as specific as possible for the art contest and for the understanding of the pokemon

-Try not to copy i know it is difficult and I know someone is gonna copy me but pls this is the fun of it! to get an original idea not a based-in-others idea, Thanks

Good Luck to all! ;D I hope my post is in the competition but for some reason it says that I have posted at 11:58 am when I posted at 12:24 but anyway! Best wishes!

My Entry

***3rd GEN METAGAME***

IGN: ItzJOSH

Tired of snorlaxs easily seeping your team? Well this is the Pokemon for you! It will send those obese snorlaxs crawling back to sleep on route 12.

Introducing.....

[spoiler]  Ryutatsagon!

2d27n2v_th.jpg(*note if my CAP pokemon wins i would like to see what other people imagine from the description I put below)

1.    This pokemon is designed to be a bulky physical sweeper and a status counter depending on ability chosen.

It would greatly diminish the Overwhelming normal type and physical sweepers. It would increase the use of the psychic, ghost and flying type. This pokemon would be a great addition to the 3rd gen meta as it has great stat distribution for taking out major OU threats and has a diverse movepool including Haze, Cross Chop and fire Blast. As I made obvious the general purpose for this pokemon is to punish trainers who have the mindset of snorlax+curse=sweep. It counters it and sweeps teams not prepared for it. It also adds a surprise factor as it can run different sets.

2.    I made Ryutatsugon a Dragon/Fighting type, It is a unique type never seen before. Its typing adds to its concept by giving it STAB to Fighting type moves and gets the many resistances that the dragon type gives it.

3.    Main pokemon that will be threatened by this pokemon are SNORLAX, blissey, marowak, kangaskhan, umbreon tyranitar and even jolteon.

4.    Primary ability: Levitate this would give this pokemon immunities to one of its glaring weaknesses making it easy to switch in.

Secondary ability: Guts this would make this pokemon diverse and unpredictable. Opponents that want to hinder its sweeping potential might aid it.

5.             HP:100

ATTACK: 130
                                DEFENCE: 130

SP.ATTACK 90

SP.DEFENCE: 100

SPEED: 50

TOTAL: 600

Its stats make it up to par with many strong pokemon such as salamance and tyranitar. Its stats make it perfect for taking out slow defencive pokemon and able to KO pokemon that aren’t able to KO it.

6. The main counter to this pokemon will defeinitly be alakazam. Mainly psychic types will threaten Ryutatsagon out such as starmie and fast special sweepers with psychic. I want these pokes to counter it because more psychic types will increase the use of Bug, Dark and Ghost types.

7. My main inspiration for this pokemon was the video game character “Ryu” from the Street Fighter series. It was the thing that first pooped into my mind when i thought of a fighting and dragon dual type. Ryutasugon broken down would be  “Ryu”  comes from the street fighters name and Ryuu in Japanese means dragon. Tatsu is from tatsumaki which means tornado in Japanese and one of ryu’s attacks in the game. Finally gon is  just a generic ending for dragons.

8. Move pool

Aerial ace

Body slam

Brick break

Bulk up

Calm mind

cross chop

Double edge

dragon claw

Dragon dance

Earthquake

Fire blast

fire punch

Frustration

Haze

Hidden Power

Hyper Beam

ice punch

Iron tail

Low kick

outrage

Protect

Rain dance

Rest

Return

roar

Rock slide

Scary face

seismic toss

Shadow ball

sky uppercut

Sleep talk

Snore

Strength

Substitute

Swords dance

Thrash

Thunder punch

Toxic

triple kick

Great diverse movepool able to surprise many foes. Key moves that make my pokemon unique are haze cross chop and fire blast.

9.Some sets it can run are:

Bye snorlax!

-Haze

-Cross Chop

-Earthquake

-Shadow Ball

4 HP, 252 ATT ,252 DEF Adamant nature  LEVITATE

Bulky sweeper

-Bulk up/Dragon dance/Swords Dance

-Sky uppercut/Cross Chop

-rest

-Shadow Ball/Fire Blast                  LEVITATE

126 HP 252 ATT 126 Def       Leftovers   Adamant

Mixed sweeper

-Cross chop

-Shadow ball/Calm mind

-Fire Blast

-Dragon claw/outrage

126 HP 126 ATT 63 DEF 126 SP ATT 63 SP DEF

Quiet      * 31 Sp ATTACK IV’s*  GUTS/LEVITATE

These sets would make this pokemon unpredictable and very diverse. Few pokemon sets can completely counter this amazing pokemon.

10. Ryutatsugon

The Fighter Dragon Pokemon

1.Ryutatsugon is able to achieve peace of mind. Scientists and people have studied these pokemon trying to learn how it does this but were never able to learn.

2.Ryutatsugon has been reported to live for thousands of years.

It is speculated that during this time they learned how to levitate off the ground.

3.Ryutatsugons are calm and devoted pokemon but are fierce fighters. They train all their lives and challenge foreign pokemon that wander into its territory.[/spoiler]

Thank you fro reading! Good luck to all!

Quick overview: Generation 3 based. (Also, it's a dragonfly, because why not)

Electric/Fire
Abilities: Compoundeyes, Cloud Nine

Base Stats:
75/65/75/125/75/99

1:
[spoiler]
Concept: Setup Sweeper, Anti-Weather, Status Spreader.

Description: A pokemon that can sweep and abuse its abilities due to its typing, movepool, and stats, but is incredibly fragile and limited by its 4 moveslots. However, this also makes it difficult to counter reliably.

Justification: Adds a unique typing (Rotom-H isn't in this gen) and provides the only not-terrible abuser of Tail Glow, as well as adding a pokemon that can be unpredictable and unique while still being good at what it does.

Explanation: It exists as a good user of abilities with generally bad distribution, as pretty much every Compoundeyes user is NU, and Cloud Nine is almost as unlucky. (Sorry Golduck, you just don't cut it.)
[/spoiler]

2: [spoiler]Typing: The type (Electric/Fire) should be in the metagame due to it being a good dual special STAB, but still being resisted by several top OU threats such as Swampert and Flygon, as well as every Rock/Ground type. Notably, this typing also gives a 4x weakness to common Ground moves such as Earthquake, meaning this counters can also easily threaten this pokemon out.
[/spoiler]

3: [spoiler]Threats: Fire/Electric STAB can threaten to OHKO/2HKO pokemon like Celebi, Cloyster, Jirachi, Magneton, Skarmory, Gyarados, Suicune and even standard Milotic, forcing people to either use other walls or change their stat spreads, diversifiying the metagame. However, if given proper EV's/Natures, many of these pokemon can stand to OHKO themselves.[/spoiler]

4:
[spoiler]
The abilities serve different purposes, Cloud Nine serves as an effective means to beat weather. Electric STAB hits Swift Swimmers bar Kingdra or Ludicolo for deadly super effective damage, and Fire STAB hits Chlorophyll abusers hard. However, it isn't a perfect weather counter, as it's too fragile to switch in reliably, especially against rain, where it carries a water weakness.

Compoundeyes, the more useful ability, increases accuracy and allows it to spread status and reliably abuse powerful moves. Compoundeyes gives it 100% accurate Megahorn, Fire Blast, Rock Slide, and Heat Wave, 91% accurate Thunder, and 65% accurate Zap Cannon. In terms of status moves, it carries 97.5% accurate Will-O-Wisp, Sleep Powder, and Stun Spore, as well as 100% accurate Toxic and Thunder Wave. However, carrying status moves comes at a cost, as even with Will-O-Wisp it will still be unable to take Earthquakes, and it lacks recovery or bulk.
[/spoiler]

5:
[spoiler]
75/65/75/125/75/99

The stat spread makes it fragile, 75/75/75 being easy to break, especially with its common weaknesses (Water, Ground, Rock) while also giving it a very high base 125 special attack. Its speed is good, however, it's still beaten by the plethora of base 100 OU threats, like Salamence, Jirachi, Celebi, and Zapdos. It has a low base 65 attack, which can still be usable with Dragon Dance and its powerful physical moves such as Megahorn.
[/spoiler]

6: [spoiler]Counters: Swampert/Quagsire resists the dual STAB and can easily OHKO, but can be hit by HP Grass. Dugtrio can trap it, outspeed, and OHKO, however, if it has a Dragon Dance boost it can OHKO Dugtrio. Tyranitar can threaten non-WOW variants out and get a free Dragon Dance or hit on the switchin, or hit it with a Pursuit. Special Tyranitars can laugh at Wisp regardless. Starmie resists fire, outspeeds, and OHKO's, but is weak to Thunder/Thunderbolt. Specially defensive pokemon that aren't weak to its STABs like Blissey can laugh at it, but can also be used as setup bait for Dragon Dance/Tail Glow if they don't have a way to stop it or KO quickly.[/spoiler]

7: [spoiler]Name: Elibel. "Libel" is a shortening of the way Dragonfly is written in several languages, typically beginning with "Libel" and having a prefix of some sort attached, while "El" is referring to "Elemental", referring to the pokemon's "Elemental" typing.[/spoiler]

8:
[spoiler]
Movepool: Megahorn, Sunny Day, Rain Dance, Thunder, Dragon Dance, Will-O-Wisp, Fire Blast, Rock Slide, Tail Glow, Hidden Power, Return, Frustration, Thunderbolt, Flamethrower, Toxic, Substitute, Thunder Wave, Stun Spore, Sleep Powder, PoisonPowder, DragonBreath, Zap Cannon, Heat Wave, Silver Wind, Leer, Flash, Aerial Ace, Giga Drain, Shock Wave, Protect, Thundershock, Ember, Leech Life, Overheat

Level Up Moves:
0- Thundershock
0- Leer
0- Leech Life
9- Ember
17- Sleep Powder
20- Stun Spore
21- Poison Powder
29- Silver Wind
37- Will-O-Wisp
43- Heat Wave
49- Tail Glow
57- Dragon Dance
63- Megahorn
[/spoiler]

9:
[spoiler]
--Tail Glow Setup--

Compoundeyes

252 Sp.Att/224 Speed/32 HP; Timid

-Tail Glow
-Fire Blast/Flamethrower
-Thunder/Thunderbolt
-Hidden Power Grass/Giga Drain/Sleep Powder

Tail Glow gives 2+ Sp.Att, increasing it's special attack to absurd levels. Fire Blast has 100% accuracy with Compoundeyes, making it superior to Flamethrower unless you want more PP. Thunder only has 91% accuracy, however, making Thunderbolt a decent option with perfect accuracy and more PP. Thunder does have the advantage of 30% paralysis chance instead of 10%, however. Hidden Power Grass deals with Rock/Ground types and Swampert, Giga Drain is an option for minor healing for less power. If you want to try and get off extra Tail Glows instead of worry about important things like "Coverage", then Sleep Powder is an option.

--Status Abuse--

Compoundeyes

252 Sp.Att/224 Speed/32 HP; Timid

-Will-O-Wisp
-Sleep Powder
-Fire Blast/Flamethrower
-Thunder/Thunderbolt

Using it's 97.5% accuracy burn/sleep, it can cripple a good number of pokemon that counter other potential sets, especially potent physical attackers that use ground type moves. The two other moves are simply it's powerful dual STAB attacks, however, you can run Hidden Powers such as Grass over the moves to give coverage others might not expect on a status set.

--Dragon Dance--

Compoundeyes/Cloud Nine

252 Sp.Att/144 Speed/112 HP; Timid

-Dragon Dance
-Fire Blast/Flamethrower
-Thunder/Thunderbolt
-Hidden Power Grass/Hidden Power Ice

The main purpose of this set is to get 1 Dragon Dance in order to gain speed, and use its nautrally powerful Sp.Att to setup late-game sweeps. Hidden Power Grass/Hidden Power Ice are for coverage, Fire Blast/Flamethrower and Thunder/Thunderbolt are its dual STAB's. As it wants as much power as possible, Fire Blast should always be taken over Flamethrower if you have Compoundeyes. If you run Cloud Nine for more switchin oppotunities, Thunderbolt/Flamethrower should be run instead.
[/spoiler]

10:
[spoiler]
Elibel the False Pokemon

"It lays its eggs in Yanma nests, fooling the parents of the eggs into believing it is one of their own."

"Newly hatched Elibel fool Yanmas into believing they are their child, forcing them to fetch food."

"Sightings have been reported of Elibel eating their false Yanma siblings."

[/spoiler]

Since I am not a master of any metagame by any means, there are probably things I missed or didn't notice, so please, do point them out.

Welp, here goes my entry.

[spoiler]1.

Concept: Physical Sweeper, Wallbreaker

Name of Poke: Grizzlift, The Alphabear Pokemon(Gen 3)

General Description: A pokemon who has the ability to break walls in the metagame, and have a potential
sweep with great neutral coverage. He has the necessary moves, stats, and even the ability to do so.

Justification: This pokemon is to be the first Rock/Fighting pokemon in this gen, which add points to it being
cool and unique. Although this doesn't bring much to the table, his typing brings full neutral STAB coverage.

Explanation: Grizzlift was made just because I felt the lack of fighting types in this gen, or ones that can
actually make an impact.

Typing: Rock/Fighting

Relevance of typing in the metagame: Fighting and Rock typing are some of the most offensive ones
out there, even with limited moves. This helps break stall, which is annoying although part of the
game itself.

Other relevance to the concept: Grizzlift is obviously based on a bear pokemon, and the aggresiveness
of such an animal could be related to the fighting type. Rock is added as it's habitat is supposed to be in
caves.

Pokes threatened by Grizzlift, and why: Blissey, Snorlax, Tyranitar, Clefable, Altaria, Articuno, Cloyster,
Dragonite, Entei, Moltres, Porygon 2, Zapdos, even ubers like Ho-Oh, Lugia and Raquaza are at a
disadvantage against Grizzlift for obvious typing reasons. With the stats and moves to back it up, Grizzlift
can do serious amounts of damage to these pokemon.

Primary and secondary ability:

Guts-Helps boost Grizzlift's attack. Activating guts is easier to pull off as most stall teams
carry status inducers.

Thick Fat-just because its relevant to being a bear.

Base Stats:

100 HP
120 Atk
95 Def
50 Sp. Atk
90 Sp. Def
100 Spe
555 BST

Counters: The whole lot of rain teams hurt Grizzlift, as boosted water moves would dent it hard or even
OHKO. Other than that, the usual psychic types that are always dominant would be able to handle Grizzlift
with no difficulty at all. Sun abusers like Shiftry and Victreebel counters Grizzlift as well, packing both STAB
Solar Beam and Chlorophyll. Exceptional counters to Grizzlift are Exeggutor and CM Celebi, as it can do little
to nothing against them.

Name relevance to the concept: It's a grizzly bear and it lifts, also made in honor of the aesthetics crew. Do you
even MISC?

Movepool, level up moves list, etc:

Level-Up Learned Moves:

1 Scratch
1 Leer
1 Lick
1 Covet
7 Fury Swipes
15 Rock Blast
20 Scary Face
28 Mach Punch
33 Rest
37 Snore
45 Trash
50 Superpower

TM Moves List:

Focus Punch
Roar
Bulk Up
Hidden Power
Taunt
Hyper Beam
Protect
Frustration
Iron Tail
Earthquake
Return
Dig
Brick Break
Double Team
Rock Tomb
Aerial Ace
Facade
Secret Power
Rest
Attract
Thief

Move Tutor List:

Body Slam
Counter
Double Edge
Dynamic Punch
Endure
Rock Slide
Seismic Toss
Sleep Talk
Snore
Substitute
Swagger
Swords Dance
Fire Punch
Thunder Punch
Ice Punch

Egg Moves List:

Swords Dance
Rock Slide
Belly Drum
Cross Chop
Double Edge
Metal Claw
Seismic Toss
Take Down

The moves it can learn are pretty much self explanatory. Rock/Fighting moves for stab, some stat
boosting moves that are relevant to the pokemon like Swords Dance and Belly drum, etc. Coverage
moves are present as well.

Competitive sets for the concept:

Swords Dance Set
Adamant/Jolly Nature
252 Atk/252 Spd/6 HP
Leftovers
Guts

Swords Dance
Superpower/Cross Chop
Rock Slide
Earthquake/Mach Punch

A standard swords dance set. Grizzlift has the bulk to take a hit and be able to setup, or force a switch
to get a free turn. A boosted hit from this set is gonna dent anything that comes up, as it boasts neutral
coverage.

SubSalac Set
Jolly Nature
252 Atk/252 Spd/6 HP
Salac Berry
Guts/Thick Fat

Substitute
Swords Dance
Superpower/Cross Chop
Rock Slide

Although it has great base speed, Grizzlift is still outsped by pokemon much faster than him like starmie,
gengar, etc. Substitute helps activate his salac berry, giving a speed boost that would outspeed these threats.
Should you be able to grab a swords dance boost behind a sub, Grizzlift can already perform a sweep.

Choice Band Set
Adamant Nature
252 Atk/252 HP/6 Spd
Choice Band
Guts

Superpower/Cross Chop
Rock Slide
Earthquake/Sleep Talk
Hidden Power Ghost

Grizzlift could also make do with a bulky set and work as a sleep absorber for the team. The given
moves are enough to OHKO most of what it needs to destroy. With the EVs presented above, Grizzlift
can take a hit from Gengar or Starmie(most likely stab psychic) and OHKO back with Hidden Power Ghost.

A fast variant could also work, although anything above 100 base speed would still outrun Grizzlift.

Bulk Up Set
Adamant Nature
252 Atk/252 HP/6 SDef
Leftovers
Guts/Thick Fat

Bulk Up
Superpower/Cross Chop
Rock Slide
Hidden Power Ghost/Rest

This set makes use of Grizzlift's decent stats to use Bulk Up and act as an offensive wall. Cross Chop and
Rock Slide are chosen for the neutral coverage as always, and Hidden Power Ghost makes sure to get rid
of the psychic threats and ghost type walls as fast as possible. Rest could be used over Hidden Power
though, to replenish Grizzlift's health after taking hits.

3 Pokedex entries and species:

"Being adept in lifting rocks and trees in an early age, Grizzlifts can build their homes with such materials."

"Grizzlifts are some of the most aesthetic pokemon in the wild, lifting and training at a very young age."

"Aside from using their raw strength, Grizzlifts tend to use boulders and trees during battle."

[/spoiler]

Here's my entry.

[spoiler]
Name: Astrazelle

Concept:
This pokemon is a mixed attacker that utilizes dual stab to threaten overused walls like Skarmory and Blissey in Generation III. The presence of this pokemon would effectively reduce the usage of walls and stall type tactics and encourage the use of more sweepers. What sets Astrazelle apart from the other mixed sweepers? It gets dual STAB and stats that are viable in an OU setting. When used carelessly, this pokemon will fall quickly, but with some prediction and prowess, you can be sure that it will help you gain momentum.

Typing:
Electric / Fighting. This type has yet to exist in any pokemon game but it is very useful for this pokemon in particular because of how offensively oriented it is. Defensively speaking, the only super effective types against it are Ground and Psychic, but they are enough to counter this pokemon directly.

Threats:
Skarmory, Blissey, Snorlax, Umbreon, Tyranitar, Slaking, Slowbro, Blastoise, and Cloyster are all pokemon that are threatened by Astrazelle’s Electric/Fighting STAB. These pokemon are all heavily overused in the current metagame and the presence this pokemon would help reduce their usage and bring out more sweepers into play.

Abilities:
Static – Helps spread status against foes that make contact
Limber – Allows for safer switch-ins against moves that cause paralysis

Base stats:
90 HP
100 Atk
65 Def
100 Sp. Atk
75 Sp. Def
105 Spe

Counters:
Defensively speaking, the only super effective types against it are Ground and Psychic, but they are enough to counter this pokemon directly. Some notable counters of this typing are Dugtrio, Gligar, Nidoking, Nidoqueen, Alakazam, Starmie, Espeon, Exeggutor, Hypno, Claydol, and Wobbufett. Other checks to this pokemon are bulky Grass/Poison types like Venusaur and Vileplume.

Name:
Astrazelle’s name is a combination of astral (referring to its cosmic rays), raze meaning demolish, and gazelle. The name is relevant because it is an Electric/Fighting type gazelle.

Movepool:

By leveling up:
1 Scratch
1 Detect
4 Bite
9 Quick Attack
14 Double Kick
19 Thundershock
23 Take Down
29 Revenge
35 Screech
42 Helping Hand
50 Volt Tackle
57 Superpower
63 Thunder

By TM/HM:
Calm Mind
Roar
Toxic
Hidden Power
Sunny Day
Taunt
Earthquake
Hyper Beam
Fire Blast
Light Screen
Protect
Frustration
Return
Double Team
Reflect
Aerial Ace
Facade
Rest
Flash
Thunderbolt
Rain Dance
Thunder
Shock Wave
Strength
Rock Smash

By Breeding:
Barrier
Hi Jump Kick

By Tutoring:
Body Slam
Counter
Double-Edge
Endure
Mega Kick
Rock Slide
Mud-Slap
Sleep Talk
Substitute
Swift
Thunder Wave

Most of these moves come standard on pokemon that stand on four legs. It learns several attacks on both the physical and special spectrum which is important for mixed attackers. Its primary form of STAB comes through Thunderbolt / Volt Tackle and Hi Jump Kick / Superpower. Other coverage moves include Fire Blast, Hidden Power, Earthquake, Rock Slide, and Double-Edge. It has some support moves like Sunny Day, Light Screen, and Thunder Wave too which can catch some people off guard.

Viable competitive sets:

• Mixed Sweeper

Hasty / Naive
130 Atk / 126 Sp. Atk / 252 Spe
Leftovers
Limber

-Thunderbolt
-Hi Jump Kick
-Earthquake
-Hidden Power Ice

The standard mixed sweeping set. Thunderbolt and Hi Jump Kick provide dual STAB while Earthquake and HP Ice give extra coverage.

• Physical Sweeper

Adamant / Jolly
252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 HP
Choice Band
Limber

-Superpower
-Earthquake
-Rock Slide
-Aerial Ace

This set powers up Astrazelle’s physical side utilizing Superpower for STAB and the other moves for unresisted coverage. Prediction is necessary for best results.

• Special Sweeper

Modest / Timid
252 Sp. Atk / 252 Spe / 4 HP
Leftovers / Chesto Berry
Static

-Calm Mind
-Thunderbolt
-Hidden Power Ice
-Fire Blast / Rest

Astrazelle can also be a great Special Attacker with its solid, base 100 stats. Simply boost up and hit nearly anything for super effective damage. Static can help cripple attackers while setting up. Fire Blast provides better coverage against Steel, Bug, and Ice types, but Rest is always a nice option for recovery too.

• Recoil Abuser

Hasty / Naive
130 Atk / 126 Sp Atk / 252 Spe
Salac Berry
Limber

-Substitute
-Volt Tackle
-Hi Jump Kick
-Earthquake

With its middling speed stat, Astrazelle might often be threatened by other faster sweepers. This set plays to its strengths nicely by utilizing Substitute and Volt Tackle to draw from its own HP in order to activate the Salac Berry and potentially pull off a sweep.

• Support

Bold / Modest
252 HP / 120 Sp Atk / 136 Spe
Leftovers
Static

-Sunny Day
-Reflect
-Light Screen
-Fire Blast

Finally, we have a support set to aid our teammates. Sunny Day is useful for sun teams as well as powering up your own Fire Blast. And last but not least, dual screens for much needed protection.

Pokedex Entry:

Astrazelle, the cosmic gazelle

“The glowing rays that emanate throughout Astrazelle’s body are capable of causing radioactivity.”

“Astrazelle is often blamed for causing TV interference.”

“Astrazelle provides shockingly fast transportation, but it comes with a charge.” /lame pun
[/spoiler]

Thanks for reading :)

Also feedback is welcome and appreciated

[spoiler]

• The concept of the Pokémon:
    - Name of the concept (not of the Pokémon): Safe switch-in.
    - General Description: A Pokémon designed to be used by advanced unpredictable players, in order to safely switch into very common moves in the Gen 3 metagame. This Pokémon's presence would decrease the usage of some physical attackers like Snorlax and Machamp, and Ghost types such as Dusclops. It will increase the usage of Dark types and Dark move users.
    - Justification: It's a safe switch-in to common physical attackers in the Gen 3 metagame.
    - Explanation: It is a Pokémon resembling the ghost of a Tasmanian tiger, or thylacine.
  • Typing: Normal/Ghost. This type should be in the Gen 3 metagame because it doesn't exist yet, and it provides the Pokémon with a massive 3 immunities. The typing is relevant to the concept because most Normal-type Pokémon resemble mammals. The thylacine is an extinct mammal, so they are all dead, and that's where the Ghost typing comes in. Hope this isn't too morbid :P
  • Threats: Ghost-types will be threatened the most by this Pokémon, because they cannot affect it with their own Ghost-type attacks, while it can retaliate with its own. Normal- and Fighting-types should also be wary of it, because their STAB attacks won't affect it. They will have to pack a spare move just to counter it. We want to hit these Pokémon with the created one because they are too overused in the current metagame, because they have nothing to be scared of. Notable Pokémon to be threatened by mine are Dusclops, Tauros, Espeon, Snorlax, Kangaskhan, Blissey, Machamp, Heracross and Banette.
  • Primary and Secondary Ability: Intimidate is the primary ability. The ability is logical to the concept because it's the ghost of a rabid, sharp-toothed mammal. The secondary ability is Clear Body. The ability is logical to the concept because it's a ghost, with a translucent body! These abilities are useful for this Pokémon to have in this metagame because the Pokémon is designed to switch in safely to moves it's immune to. Intimidate lowers the foe's attack stat immediately upon switching in, which the Pokémon will be doing often. Clear Body will prevent any important stats from being lowered upon switching in.
  • Stats: The base stats are 71/100/60/90/60/94. The stats are relevant to the concept because the thylacine is a predator with a temper, which is why I have given it high speed and attack. The fact that it is a ghost makes it fragile in my eyes, which is why it has mediocre defenses. The special attack is decent because I think ghosts would have supernatural powers? The base speed ensures that it is faster than the Pokémon I designed it to threaten. The reason why it is so fragile, yet packs a punch, is so that it can hit Pokémon hard after it hopefully switches into an ineffective attack. With Intimidate, we hope that the foe will switch out and have to waste a turn switching another Pokémon into a hard hit. With Clear Body, my Pokémon's important Speed and Attack can't be lowered.
  • Counters: Counters to my Pokémon include any Pokémon that are faster than it. Crobat, Alakazam, Gengar and Starmie should still be careful when switching into it, because it has moves that can super-effecively hit them on the switch. I think the most effective counters would be Houndoom (it is faster than my Pokémon and has access to STAB Crunch), Arcanine (it is faster than my Pokémon, and has access to Crunch), Sableye (it is immune to my Pokémon's offensive movepool), Murkrow (access to STAB Dark-type moves, won't have to worry about my Pokémon's fighting-type attacks because of the secondary Flying typing) and Pokémon with the Normal-Flying dual type, such as Fearow and Dodrio, since my Pokémon has no attacks that will be super-effective on them. We want these Pokémon to counter my Pokémon because the usage of sweepers vs walls is imbalanced. My Pokémon would help even the scales a bit.
  • Name: Thylirit (derived from "thylacine" and "spirit")
  • Movepool and level up moves list. + Reasoning:

Start: Scratch, Growl, Leer, Lick (standard sharp-clawed ghost mammal abilities)

Lv3: Howl (thylacines are dog-like, and it'd be nice for it to have a little Attack boost)
Lv5: Fury Swipes (angry clawed mammal)
Lv8: Double Kick (needs a minor Fighting-type move. Thylacines are marsupials, so I assume they do plenty of kicking)
Lv11: Bite (needs no explanation)
Lv15: Night Shade (remember it's a ghost)
Lv19: Confuse Ray (?)
Lv24: Slash (claws)
Lv29: Fake Out (useful for a hit-and-run set)
Lv33: Screech (use on a switch-in so that they're vulnerable)
Lv39: Agility (use when you're not threatened, useful for outspeeding Starmie/Alakazam/Crobat/Sneasel)
Lv44: Crunch (big teeth, big movepool)
Lv50: Shadow Ball (ultimate Ghost move)
Lv55: Grudge (what ghost wouldn't hold a grudge?)
Lv61: Extremespeed (nice STAB move)
Lv68: Destiny Bond (Very useful on this Pokémon, with the speed and fragility)

TM, HM and Move Tutor moves: Cut, Roar, Dig, Toxic, Psychic, Thief, Return, Frustration, Hidden Power, Torment, Taunt, Secret Power.

• Explain competitive play with the Pokémon:

Mixed attacker: Shadow Ball, Psychic, Screech, Return.
Ability: Intimidate.
Nature: Naive.
Held Item: Liechi Berry.
EV spread: Maximum speed, and the rest in Attack and Special Attack (amounts vary by preference)
This set is useful for switching safely into an ineffective attack. Intimidate will lower the foe's attack stat immediately, so that Thylirit isn't in too much danger if a wrong prediction is made. Thylirit can then use Screech, to lower the Defense of the likely switch-in, then hit hard. Shadow Ball, Psychic and Return give it good coverage, with two powerful STAB moves. The Naive nature is for optimum Speed, while maintaining high Attack and Special Attack. I've chosen Naive instead of Hasty because Thylirit's only weakness is Dark-type moves, which would kill it anyway. Maintaining Defense with the Intimidate ability is important for keeping a fragile Pokémon like this alive. This set would not work so well against Steel-types with high Defense.

• 3 Pokedex entries and add a species. Example for species: "Pikachu, the Mouse Pokémon", or "Steelix, the Iron Snake Pokémon."

Thylirit, the Thylacine Pokémon.
-Thylirit is the spirit of an extinct species. In an attempt to avenge its kind, it will manipulate poachers into causing fatal accidents.
-Thylirit dwells in dry, thick grassland. It blends into the brush, listening out for gunshots, which guide it to its next victim.
-Thylirit holds its young in its pouch. Due to its translucent body, it will appear as if the young are floating in the air.

[/spoiler]

Dagsear ~

[spoiler]

I'd like to think this Pokemon evolved from a cute but fierce looking smaller version (named Saiblaze). I envision it looking like Meta Knight from Kirby except being on fire and it's sword flaming. (can post inspiration pictures if wanted).

Concept:

Mixed Attacker, Sunny Day Utilizer, Physical Bulky

Good mixed sweeper stats 130/100/102. Resists most of what Snorlax can throw at it (not often does Lax carry Earthquake) and can hit back pretty hard with focus punches, superpowers, or brick breaks. Blissey doesn't have much to hurt Dagsear either, barring counter (if it doesn't ohko). Steel types like Skarmory, Magneton, Forretress run away in fear. Skarm/Bliss breaker. Normal effective fire moves and do decent damage as it's HP and Sp Def stats are nothing to rely on, and fighting types can do decent damage as well. Fire types aren't very threatened by Dagsear without Rock Slide, but some good physical attacks might hurt low defense Fire types like Flareon. Ultimate counters include bulky water types like Lanturn, Vaporeon, Slowbro or Lapras. The latter being weak to STAB steel moves or rock slide though. Starmie can revenge kill this pokemon like nothing else and anything with earthquake also will most likely ohko Dagsear. Marowak is being used less and less and would make a big comeback if this was in the metagame. Salamence might be a good switch in, but with a high base attack stat, access to rock slide, and a higher base speed, Salamence wouldn't be the greatest switch in. Weezing can stand up to the physical attacks, but the mixed part of Dagsear makes Weezing not a problem. Sunny Day/Solarbeam is a great option for Dagsear as the weather decreases water attacks and let's it solarbeam Marowaks and Starmies for a ohko. Hidden power grass is also an option if you don't want to waste a moveslot on sunny day, or don't have sunny day with another pokemon. Jolteon outspeeds and still hits hard. It also resists the steel type attacks, but other physical moves would ohko Jolteon.                                                                                    

Overall this Pokemon would cause a decrease in the use of Snorlax and Blissey due to it's typing and base attack. Steel types would also be used less. Marowak (and other ground types) would make a great comeback. Vaporeon and Slowbro would be shown some more love, and Starmie would start making its comeback.

Typing:
Steel/Fire
Type Effectiveness:
4x Ground, 2x Water, Fighting
1x Rock, Fire, Electric
1/2x Dragon, Flying, Dark, Ghost, Normal, Psychic
1/4x Grass, Bug, Steel, Ice, 0x Poison

Threats:
Snorlax, Blissey, Skarmory, Umbreon, Forretress, Magneton, Scizor, (most special walls and any steel type).
With Rock Slide: Salamence, Gyarados, other Flying types, Fire Types.

Ability:
Flame Body, or Blaze.
Fire type, so these abilities are sort of self explanatory.
(I feel Flash Fire would be too over-powered here as fire types would be useless, but if discussed it is still an option)

Base Stats:

HP               77
Att              130
Def             105
Sp Att         100
Sp Def         86
Spd            102
Total          600
(Pseudo-Legendary Total)

Counters:
Slowbro, Vaporeon, Lanturn, Marowak.
Possible Counters:
Salamence, Machamp, less bulky Ground types, Lapras, Jolteon

Name:
Carries a searing dagger. Mixture of those two words.
(Pretty obvious right?)

Learnset Moves:
Start- Ember
Start- Tackle
Lvl 7- Leer
Lvl 11- Fury Swipes
Lvl 16- Quick Attack
Lvl 20- Metal Sound
Lvl 22- Iron Defense
Lvl 28- Fire Spin
Lvl 35- Slash
Lvl 41- Flamethrower
Lvl 43- Swords Dance
Lvl 50- Meteor Mash
Lvl 62- Fire Blast

TM/HM Moves:
Focus Punch
Roar
Hidden Power
Sunny Day
Taunt
Hyper Beam
Protect
Frustration
SolarBeam
Return
Shadow Ball
Brick Break
Double Team
Flamethrower
Fire Blast
Rock Tomb
Sandstorm
Aerial Ace
Facade
Secret Power

Rest
Overheat
Cut
Strength 
Rock Smash

Tutor Moves:
Body Slam
Double-Edge
Seismic Toss
Swords Dance
Counter

Egg Moves:
Superpower
Heat Wave
Mirror Coat
Extremespeed
Will-o-wisp
Endure
Fissure
Fake Out

Example Sets:
All-out Attacker Mixed Sweeper
Dagsear~ Naive @ Lum Berry
252 Speed, 200 Att, 56 Sp Att

Flamethrower                     STAB and coverage (sunny day use)
Superpower/Rock Slide      Normal/Dark or Flying/Fire coverage, your choice
Meteor Mash                      Great physical STAB
SolarBeam                         Great coverage (sunny day use)
Get another Pokemon to set up Sunny Day for you and proceed to sweep.

Swords Dance and Sunny Day both can be utilized, just switch out whichever attack coverage you want to sacrifice.

Endure Blaze Mixed Sweeper
Dagsear~ Rash @ Salac Berry
252 Sp Att, ??? Speed (to stat 135+), rest in Att
Flamethrower/Heat Wave                       STAB, and use Blaze
Endure
Meteor Mash/Rock Slide                        STAB physical attack or Flying/Fire coverage
Swords Dance                      

Get a Swords Dance off on a switch, then hit hard with blaze or plow through special walls.

Pure Physical Sweeper
Dagsear~ Jolly @ Lum Berry or Metal Coat
252 Att, 252 Speed, 4 HP
Rock Slide                                 Flying/Fire coverage
Superpower/Brick Break            Extra power or no stat loss ?
Meteor Mash                             Great physical STAB
Fake Out/Swords Dance           Priority flinch or Att boost ?

Swords Dance/Extremespeed Sweeper

Dagsear~ Adamant @ Lum Berry or Silk Scarf
252 Att, 252 Speed or HP, 4 HP or Def
Swords Dance           Boost that attack, boiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
Shadow Ball              For the Ghosts
Flamethrower            For the Steels (STAB)
Extremespeed           Priority and hits hard
Swords Dance when you can and Extremespeed to victory.

PokeDex Entry:
Dagsear, the fire knight Pokemon.
"The appearance of this Pokemon is the sign for an upcoming war."
"This Pokemon is often seen riding wild Rapidash."
"The protective armor and sword of Dagsear burns white hot."

[/spoiler]

I don't know how to the spoiler thing T-T

I;m sorry :c

GENERATION 3 or 5 (If not 5 just remove all the gen +3 moves)

Type: Grass, Dragon 

Naturia: Bulky mixed attacker

grass_dragon_by_ordinlegends-d547vi2.pngI didn’t make this I just thought this is sort of like how I’d make the grass/dragon look.

Justification/Typing/Reasoning/Explanation: This Pokemon needs to be in the metagame to help the plethora of grass types who suffer from having one of the worst typings in the Pokemon game. The Dragon will reduce its suffering from fire attacks and it may add two weaknesses (dragon and ice, ice is reduced by ability thick fat) but in gen 3 grass types have to worry much more about fire attacks than anything else.

Threats:

Because of its wide move pool most pokemon who would easily crush grass types will have trouble with this pokemon this includes Charizard, Salamence, Jynx, etc.

Abilities 
Primary: 
 Thick fat

This is there to reduce the damage of the ice attacks which would normally hurt it severely.

Secondary: Chlorophyll
This just makes sense for anything that is a grass type and could be used as a sweeper.

STATS!

BASE STATS
HP: 140                         Speed: 60     

Attack: 100                 Sp.Attack: 100
Defense: 75                Sp.Defense: 75

TOTAL: 550

Counters 

Statuses, poisoning it, burning it, paralyzing it, putting it to sleep. All of these things can cripple its potential. Changing the weather will hurt its sweeping potential because of its low base speed. Venusaur is one pokemon who can be a thorn in its side, due to it only being weak to its fire blast and also having status moves, poison attacks, outspeeding it (gen 5 venusaur gets chlorophyll). Pretty much any pokemon who can status and take a hit will be able to hurt Naturia badly.

Name: Naturia
Naturia is a variation of the word nature and being true to a true nature being due to its dragon typing it will be able to use all the elemental attacks to be a true nature being.

Movepool:
Naturia is a nature dragon and because of this it would need a wide enough movepool that encompasses nature and the things in it.

BY LEVEL

MOVE                                     TYPE                        POWER                 ACCURACY

Lvl1

Twister                                    Dragon                      40                          100

Lvl1

Leech Seed                              Grass                       ---                          90

Lvl1

Leaf Tornado                            Grass                       65                          90

Lvl3

Ingrain                                      Grass                       ---                          ----

Lvl6

Vine Whip                                 Grass                        35                           100

Lvl 10

Comet Punch                         Normal                        18                            85

Lvl 13

Stun Spore                             Grass                            ---                            75

Lvl 13

Toxic                                       Poison                            ---                            90

Lvl 17

Growth                                    Grass                           ---                               ---

Lvl 24

Razor Leaf                               Grass                           55                              95

Lvl 24

Dragon Claw                            Dragon                          80                              100

Lvl 30

Synthesis                                  Grass                             ---                             ----

Lvl 35

Crunch                              Dark                                   80                            100

Lvl 40

Solar Beam                       Grass                                 120                          100

Lvl 50

Body Slam                          Normal                              80                            100

Lvl 55

Hydro Pump                       Water                                 120                          80

Lvl 55

Blizzard                             Ice                                      120                            70

Lvl 55

Fire Blast                        Fire                                        120                             85

Lvl 55

Thunder                           Electric                                  120                             70

Lvl 70

Draco Meteor                 Dragon                                    140                            90

Lvl 95

Cosmic Power                 Psychic                                 ---                             ----

HM that the pokemon can learn- Strength, Cut, Rock Smash

Eggmoves-

Dragon Rage, Dragon Breath, Belly Drum, Dragon Dance

TMS THAT Naturia CAN LEARN
Dragon Claw
Roar
Protect
Earthquake
Hyper beam
Attract
Substitute
Rest

Sunny Day
Toxic
Blizzard
Thunder
Fire Blast
Dig

Brick Break

Sludge Bomb

Rock Tomb

By tutoring!

Head Butt

Mega Punch
Sword dance

Double-edge

Body Slam

Frenzy Plant

Substitute

Roles in a team – These are the roles of Naturia
Physical/special/mixed attacker:  Due to its high attacking stats and set up moves like sword dance and growth it can gain massive attack on both sides. It also has a huge move pool including 4 very powerful moves from the elements, fire blast, hydro pump, blizzard and thunder. With sun support it will have a good enough speed to out speed most pokemon.

Example set: Chlorophyll, Growth, Fire Blast, Dragon Claw and Solar Beam/Thunder/Crunch 

Mixed Wall: Due to its high HP and decent defenses added with substitute, and leech seed/synthesis, it can be a difficult pokemon to take down. This added with cosmic power and thick fat can make it even more difficult to take down. 

Example set: Thick fat, Cosmic Power, Substitute, Synthesis/Leech seed, and Dragon Claw

Pokedex Entries

• When seen by humans it grows angry and stays in grassy areas to protect the weaker pokemon.
  • When watching it move, scientists have noticed it moves rather erratically like a leaf blowing in the wind, stopping then suddenly moving again.

Examples for species
Nature Dragon

Grass Dragon

Good Luck to all! :D I hope my entry got entered at the proper time.

Gonna give this a try

Generation 3 Based

[spoiler]

Name - Delema, the Dead Leaf Mantis Pokemon

"Delema inhabits tropical terrain as it provides the best camoflauge to hunt for prey"

"When threatened it is common for adult Delema to spread their wings as part of a deimatic display to scare off potential predators"

"It is a common sight to see Delema devour other Delema if they trespass on their territory"

Concept of Pokemon - Physical Sweeper, Baton passer

Type - Bug/Grass

Resistances - 4x Grass, 4x Ground, 2x Water,2x Fighting, 2x Electric
Weaknesses - 4x Flying, 4x Fire, 2x Bug, 2x Rock, 2x Poison, 2x Ice

Even with 6 resistences bug/grass typing will make it hard for Delema to counter a pokemon fully, as most pokemon who have a move which Delema resists usually have another move which will deal super effective damage for coverage
If Delema chooses to only use its Bug/Grass  STAB moves  Delema will end up usually having to switch/baton pass when the enemy sends out strong counters such as Skarmory and Charizard who  have 4x resistence to Delemas STAB moves.

Abilities 

Intimidate - The dead leaf mantis raises its wings showing patterns designed to scare off any potential predators, so I thought the ability intimidate suited this behaviour well.

Compound eyes - Mantis have compound eyes, so this ability fits the pokemon.  It allows Delema to have great accuracy with Sleep powder, Glare and Rock Slide

General Description

A pokemon that can change the tide of battle by putting its counter to sleep on a well predicted switch making a substitute and setting up. Aerodactyl and Crobat would become even more popular leads as they can easily get rid of this pokemon with their 4x STAB flying moves, Jolteon would also be a great lead against this as it can use substitute to protect itself from status moves and pass the substitute to a team mate who can deal with Delema.

Stats

HP    70
Attack 105
Defence 60
Special Attack 80
Special Defence 60
Speed - 125
Base Stat Total - 500

With these high offensive stats Delema is an offensive force to be reckoned with, and if Delema can outspeed the entirity of the enemies team the possibility of Delema sweeping is high.  However its terribad defences mean as long as the enemy can outspeed and hit with a STAB neutral attack Delema can say good night.

Justification

Gen 3 has loads of strong walls such as milotic, suicine and umbreon. It can be difficult sometimes to break through these quickly without a super effective attack and even then walls like these have the potential to survive at least 1 super effective attack if they are at full HP. Delema will help teams to deal with these wall pokemon by boosting their offensive presence in battles by protecting itself from enemy status moves with substitute,  boosting its offensive presence with stat boosts and crippling the enemy with status effects.

Explantion

This pokemon was designed to be able to hurt your enemy whilst being able to provide support to your team. It has 125 base speed so it is able to outspeed everything apart from Aerodactyl, Crobat, Jolteon, Ninjask, Sceptile, Mewtwo, Deoxys, Deoxys A, Deoxys S and Swellow. It can put the majority of pokemon to sleep and begin setting up. Having high speed, great attack and a decent special attack allows Delema the option to go for a powerful mixed set or specialize as a physical attacker or become a effective member of a baton passing team

Move List

Via Level up
[spoiler]
1 - Scary Face
1 - Fury Cutter
6 - Quick Attack
11 - Absorb
13 - Glare
17 - Sleep powder
23 - Baton Pass
26 - Razor Leaf
30 - Agility
33 - Slash
35 - Wing Attack
37 - Silver Wind
45 - Air Cutter
58 - Megahorn
[/spoiler]

Via TM
[spoiler]
Focus Punch
Calm Mind
Toxic
Bulk up
Bullet Seed
Hidden Power
Sunny day
Protect
Giga Drain
Frustration
Brick Break
Double Team
Return
Sludge bomb
Aerial Ace
Steel wing
[/spoiler]

Via Breeding
[spoiler]

Horn Attack
Reversal 
Endure
Vice grip
[/spoiler]

Via Move Tutor
[spoiler]

Substitute
Rock Slide
Double Edge
Body Slam
Swords Dance
[/spoiler]

Move sets - Note : All suggested EV spreads are assuming Delema has 31 IVs across the board

Physical Sweeper
32hp 252 attack 224 speed - Jolly - Compound Eyes - Liechi Berry/Lum Berry/Salac Berry
Sleep powder
Focus Punch/ Brick break/ Sword Dance
Rock Slide/Air Cutter
Megahorn

Reasoning - With this EV spread and a speed boosting nature Delema will out speed everything that does not have a speed base stat of 125. Maximum attack investment for maximum damage output. The rest of the EVs is then invested in HP.

Compound eyes to increase the accuracy of the moves it's using.

Salac Reversal
252 hp 252 attack 6 def - Adamant - Compound eyes - Salac Berry
Endure
Reversal
Rock Slide
Megahorn/Aerial Ace/Swords Dance

With no speed investment, after a salac boost Delema has enough speed to out speed electrode so for this set I suggest to go for maximum HP and Attack investment for maximum damage output and to get a chance to use a swords dance.

Baton Passer/Support
116 hp 138 Defence 252 speed - Timid/Jolly - Compound Eyes - [Pinch Berry of choice]
Sleep Powder
Substitute
Baton pass
Swords Dance/Agility/Silverwind/Toxic

This EV spread gives Delema a HP which is able to be divided by 4, so after using substitute 3 times its pinch berry will activate.

SunnyBeam
6 hp 252 sp.att 252 speed - Timid/Naive - Compound Eyes - Leftovers/Lum Berry
Sunny day
Solarbeam
HP fire/ Aerial Ace
Sleep Powder/Glare 

Endure SunnyBeam
252 Hp 252 Sp.att 6 Speed OR 252 attack 252 Sp.att 6 speed - Modest/Naughty - Intimidate/ Compound eyes - Salac Berry
Sunny day
Solarbeam
Hp fire/Aerial Ace/Rock Slide
Endure

Mixed Sweeper

100 Attack 156 Special Attack 252 Speed - Naive - Compound eyes - Petaya Berry/Liechi Berry
Giga Drain
Rock Slide
Megahorn/Air cutter
Sleep Powder

Threats 

Depending on what moveset Delema is using it can be a threat to many pokemon such as Umbreon, Machamp, Rhydon, Heracross, Quagsire, Exeggutor, Blissey, Snorlax, Charizard, Lapras, 

Counters

Weezing is the best counter for Delema as it resists both of its STAB attacks can hit hard with a super effective STAB Sludge bomb or a 4 x Super effective fire blast. Weezing can also cripple with Will-o-Wisp, remove its stat boosts with haze  or even explode if it comes down to it.

Muk is also a strong counter as it resists both STAB attacks like Muk, it can boost its defence with Acid Armor and hit hard with STAB Sludge bomb, 4x Super effective Fire Blast and just like weezing it can explode if it has to.

Skarmory is also a good option as it has STAB Drill peck and can use whilrlwind to remove the boosts Delema has gained.

Aerodactyl outspeeds  and can dominate with STAB Aerial ace/HP flying

Crobat outspeeds and can dominate with STAB Aerial Ace/Air Cutter/HP Flying 

Ninjask outspeeds and can dominate with a super effective STAB silver wind or 4x super efffective Aerial Ace/HP flying

[/spoiler]

My Submission, I am really bad at competitive play, so it kinda sucks.

[spoiler]1.-"Nightmares"
- This Pokemon will make people want to use pokemon that can't be put to sleep or that wake up quickly, and will decrease the usage of slow tanky walls (like Blissy or Snorlax) . It uses sleep powder or hypnosis to put to sleep then Suck the life out of them using moves like dream eater and nightmare
- Psychic pokemon are used a lot (slowbro, starmie, alakazam, exeggicutor) and almost every trainer has a special sweeper (normally has Psychic or another Psychic move) so it will make these pokemon useless.
- The concept is to put the pokemon to sleep and leech life, leach seed, nightmare, dream eater and more to drain without taking much damage.

2.Grass/Psychic It is fast and hits hard and can incapacitate a tanky wall with mean look then put it to sleep and wreak havoc. And fits the sandy spooky pokemon

3.Threatens Psychic Pokemon such as Slowbro Alakazam, Rest users such as Snorlax/walls, it stacks against psychic pokemon with its bug dark and ghost moves.

4.Bad Dreams, Illusion, or Bad Dreams because it fits the flavor of putting pokemon to sleep and terrorizing them, and Illusion because its a sneaky aroundy pokemon and it also fits the flavor of the pokemon.

5.Hp- 110
Attack- 35
Defense- 60
Sp. Attack- 150
Sp. Defense- 65
Speed- 130
Total-540
It'll have the health to be able to drain effectively and to stall, its defense sucks but it shouldn't get hit much because of its high speed, it mainly uses special moves, and its speed it high so it can hit and put to sleep quickly

6. Threatened by Bug and Vital Spirit/Early Bird/Insomnia, very easy to be countered by a pokemon with Insomnia.

7.Cremnia (A mixture of the Latin words for Create and Sleep because it puts pokemon and people to sleep)

Start Hypnosis
Start Leech Life
Start Confusion
Start Absorb
Start Mean Look
7 Leech Seed
10 Sleep Powder
13 Sandstorm
15 Mega Drain
17 Calm Mind
20 Spore
23 Dream Eater
29 Signal Beam
34 Giga Drain
36 Nightmare
40 Dark Void
44 Dark Pulse
48 Psychic
55 Hex

TM/HM
Gen 5
01 Hone Claws
03 Psyshock
04 Calm Mind
06 Toxic
10 Hidden Power
12 Taunt
15 Hyper Beam
16 Light Screen
17 Protect
19 Telekinesis
20 Safeguard
21 Fustration
24 Thunderbolt
25 Thunder
27 Return
29 Psychic
30 Shadow Ball
32 Double Team
33 Reflect
37 Sandstorm
40 Aerial Ace
41 Torment
44 Rest
45 Attract
46 Theif
73 Thunder Wave
76 Struggle Bug
77 Psych Up
85 Dream Eater
87 Swagger
90 Substitute

-Most of them either are moves he learns by leveling up, ones that play to his special attack, ones that 99% of pokemon know or ones that make flavorful sense

HMs
02 Fly

-Because that's the only one I think he could do

9.Its basically an anti-wall sweeper. Ive always found pokemon with dream eater fun to play with but I don't play super competitively
Dream Eater
Big Root Modest Bad Dreams
Moveset
~ Leech Seed
~ Spore/Hypnosis/Sleep Powder
~ Dream Eater
~ Nightmare
Ev's
138 Health
252 SpAttack
128 Speed

Boom
Twisted Spoon Modest Illusion
Moveset
~ Signal Beam
~ Spore
~ Calm Mind
~ Psychic
Ev's
252 SpAttack
252 Speed
4 Hp

10. Cremnia, The Sandman Pokemon
~ It's said that it takes the souls of those who die in their sleep.
~ Children can sense Cremnias presence and it may be the reason they wake up screaming at night.
~ Eye witnesses describe Cremnia to look like a cloud of dust with a shadow inside.
[/spoiler]

I've been working on this Pokemon for a while, I think it still has some major flaws but I wanted to submit it now for the sake of fun.

The metagame is Gen 5 Ubers.

[spoiler]Name: Deserrakis.

Deserrakis is a Sand Worm Pokemon whose name is derived from "Desert" and "Arrakis". Arrakis is the name of a Desert Planet in the series Dune, which is home to monstrous Sand worms which were a huge inspiration.

Pokedex Entries:

Deserrakis, the Sand Worm Pokemon

1. Despite expanding the land, even the mighty Groudon could not tame the shifting sands.
2. Sensitive to vibrations. Travelers must tread deserts lightly so as not to disturb the beast.
3. Scientists have yet to determine just how deep the desert sands must go to house the Sand Worm Pokemon.

Concept:

Deserrakis is a "Wall & Stall" Pokemon similar to Lugia and Giratina. With titanic defenses, access to Toxic, Dragon Tail and Stockpile, it is a defensive monster.

It has the ability Sand Stream. Deserrakis was made to be a Sandstorm equivalent to Kyogre and Groudon, and it's level-up moves and Base Stat Total are allocated to reflect that. It's a nice alternative to Tyranitar because it resists the abundance of Aura Spheres, Focus Blasts and Earthquakes in the Gen 5 ubers metagame. 

Stats:

HP: 110

Atk: 90 

Def: 150 

SpcAtk: 90

SpcDef: 140

Speed: 90

BST: 670

The stats were the first thing I worked on when I came up with this Pokemon. I wanted it to be a Sandstorm equivalent to Groudon and Kyogre, but I didn't want it to be a clone of any of the Pokemon in the Weather Trio(Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza). Kyogre is strong in its Special offense and defense, Groudon physically, whereas Rayquaza gives up the defenses the other two have in exchange for powerful physical and special offensive capabilities. Deserrakis is like Rayquaza, it gives up it powerful offensive stats in order to bolster its Defenses.

Ability:

Deserrakis has Sand Stream as its ability. It has no other abilities aside from this one.

Typing:

Deserrakis' typing is Ground/Bug. Ground/Bug is a unique typing in the Pokemon series, shared only by Nincada and Wormadam in her Sandy Cloak. It's a typing that threatens Psychic and Dark types with its uninvested STAB Megahorns. It takes Neutral damage from Stealth Rocks, however it is still affected by Spikes and Toxic Spikes.

Weaknesses: Water, Flying, Ice, Fire

Resistances: Electric(Immune), Fighting, Ground, Poison

Threats:

Psychic and Dark Type Pokemon are heavily threatened by Deserrakis. Specially defensive variants of Deserrakis can switch in on a Mewtwo's Calm Mind, survive an Ice Beam(If the Mewtwo has it), and respond with an extremely powerful uninvested STAB Megahorn that will KO Mewtwo in one hit.

Darkrai needs to watch out for Sleep Talk variants of Deserrakis, if Darkrai puts a Deserrakis to sleep and the Deserrakis user responds with Sleep Talk, the Darkrai can be KO'd by a lucky Megahorn roll.

Of all the Pokemon that Deserrakis can check, Groudon is the most shrekt. Deserrakis can switch in on a Groudon, resisting its Earthquakes and Stone Edges if it is a sweeping variant, and in the event that the Groudon happens to be running Fire Punch or Eruption, without STAB or the much loved boost from the Sun, Deserrakis won't be seeing much Damage. Even after a Swords Dance, Groudon cannot hope to hurt it, and in response will be Dragon Tail'd or Roar'd out.

Counters:

Despite being as defensive as it is, there are some Pokemon that even Deserrakis doesn't like seeing on the battlefield.

Ho-Oh is one of those Pokemon. It is a powerful physical sweeper with access to STAB Flying and Fire type moves, which cover two of Deserrakis' four weaknesses. Specially defensive Deserrakis absolutely hates being in the presence of a Ho-Oh, while Physically defensive Deserrakis is reasonably upset. Ho-Oh still has to watch out for a Deserrakis running Stone Edge though.

Phasing will put a stop to Deserrakis running a Stockpile set, unless it's a Dragon Tail hitting a substitute.

Despite taking out Kyogre's Rain, being weak to water, Deserrakis is still heavily threatened by a Kyogre's Water Spout(But then again, what isn't?).

Moveset

Level-up Moves:
-Steamroller
Lv. 5  Scary Face
Lv. 15 Dig
Lv. 20 Crunch
Lv. 30 Rest
Lv. 35 Earthquake
Lv. 45 AncientPower
Lv. 50 Megahorn
Lv. 60 Stockpile, Spit-Up, Swallow
Lv. 65 Bug Bite
Lv. 75 Fissure
Lv. 80 Giga Impact
Lv. 90 Bug Buzz

Move Tutor Moves:
Bug Bite
Iron Head
Drill Run
Uproar
Earth Power
Iron Tail
Aqua Tail
Dragon Pulse
Hyper Voice
Bind
Snore
Sleep Talk
Endeavor

TM & HM Moves
Roar
Toxic
Hidden Power
Hyper Beam
Protect
Frustration
Earthquake
Return
Dig
Sandstorm
Rock Tomb
Rest
Round
Echoed Voice
Flamethrower
Fire Blast
Incinerate
Retaliate
Giga Impact
Stone Edge
Struggle Bug
Bulldoze
Rock Slide
Substitute
U-Turn
Strength

It learns a lot of Bug and Ground type moves, relative to its type, and Rock type moves to fit with the desert theme. It learns a few Fire Type moves because deserts are hot(lel), and my reasoning for it learning a lot of Voice-related moves(Hyper voice for example) is because when I first imagined the Pokemon, I thought of this powerful and intimidating presence that would shake the sands with its voice.

Sets:
These are sets I would run on my own Deserrakis, however this is Pokemon and there are certainly room for other unique sets.

Toxic Stall:
252 HP, 252 SpcDef, 4 Def, Careful,  @Leftovers
Toxic
Roar/Dragon Tail
Rest
Substitute/Stone Edge/Megahorn

This set is self-explanatory. You put Toxic down on the opponent and stall with Subs and Rest. You want Roar or Dragon Tail to stop Pokemon from setting up on you. Roar will phase Pokemon through their own substitutes while Dragon Tail is there if you want to put out some damage. Alternatively you could run Stone Edge or Megahorn instead of substitute in order to put some hurt on Pokemon like Mewtwo or Ho-Oh.

Offensive Stockpile
252 HP, 252 Atk, 4 Speed, Adamant  @Leftovers/Chesto Berry
Stockpile
Stone Edge
Megahorn/Earthquake
Rest

An offensive variant of Deserrakis, you set up Stockpile and then put the hurt on Pokemon. With Stone Edge and Megahorn you have almost un-resisted coverage. Dialga, Excadrill, and Arceus Fighting or Steel resist both Stone Edge and Megahorn. Running Earthquake will remedy this but you'll lose your ability to one-shot Mewtwo and Darkrai.  Susceptible to phasing.[/spoiler]

Please critique the shit out of me, because I know it's not perfect and I think I could do a lot better, but it was still very fun to make and I hope you like it.

Thanks for reading.

4jbWV.png

Felidoxus

Felidoxus is derived from 'feline' and 'paradox'. A feline is a cat or a member of the cat family, and a 'paradox' is a statement that seemingly contradicts itself. Felidoxus is a unique pokemon that finds itself at home in the generation 3 metagame. Few usable speedy physical sweepers exist in generation 3. Most pokemon in generation 3 have stale characteristics and typing, so Felidoxus is here to fix that.

Pokedex Entries:

Felidoxus, the Ghostly Feline Pokemon

1. Sometimes found in dark alleys, Felidoxus haunts innocent pedestrians as they walk by.

2. Although it has been described as mysterious, the playful Felidoxus loves children and has never harmed an innocent person.

3. This quick and agile pokemon has evaded almost all contact with humans. Little is known about Felidoxus.

Concept:

Felidoxus is an interesting pokemon with multiple uses. With a 115 attack base stat and 121 speed base stat, it basically screams 'SWEEPER!' However, Felidoxus's unique Normal/Ghost typing gives it an amazing 3 immunities, 2 resistances, and only 1 weakness. This means that Felidoxus can be used as a bulky pokemon to check certain physical threats as well. Felidoxus is a deadly counter to many threats such as Curselax. It also checks many common sweepers such as Starmie, Alakazam, and Gengar.

Base Stats:

HP: 80

Atk: 115

Def: 80

SpcAtk: 35

SpcDef: 60

Speed: 121

BST: 491

Felidoxus's base stats are distributed perfectly to abuse its typing. Felidoxus can outspeed common special sweepers such as Starmie, Alakazam, or Gengar and ohko them with a stab shadow ball that is rivaled in power only by Bannete. Although Felidoxus has a great defensive typing, it finds itself taking lots of damage from neutral hits, considering its 80/80/60 defenses.

Abilities:

Run Away or Pickup

Typing:

Felidoxus's typing is Normal/Ghost. This is a completely unique typing; No pokemon from any generation has ever been gifted with the Normal/Ghost typing. Felidoxus is the only pokemon to resist the Fighting/Ghost offensive core. Not only that, but Felidoxus has immunity to Normal, Fighting, and Ghost type moves. Felidoxus has resistance to Bug and Poison type moves as well, which makes switch-ins even easier for Felidoxus.

Weaknesses: Dark

Resistances: Normal(Immune), Fighting(Immune), Ghost(Immune), Bug, Posion

Threatens:

Felidoxus threatens the many special sweepers that have been considered as automatic additions to most teams in generation 3. Gengar, Starmie, and Alakazam are all checked by Felidoxus. Curselax is also completely walled due to Felidoxus's Normal/Ghost typing, and threatened out by Felidoxus's great physical movepool. Felidoxus also puts down threats such as Blissey or Porygon2. Felidoxus is also unique in resisting both of Heracross's stab moves, but must be wary of rock slides or earthquakes. Felidoxus also is able to break focus sashes with stab fake out, making it an even stronger offensive force.

Countered by:

Although Felidoxus is a powerfull presence, there are a number of checks and counters available. Because Felidoxus sports such a low special attack stat, it cannot utilize fire blast or thunder effectively. This means that Skarmory, Forretress Vaporeon, and Metagross can all switch in to Felidoxus. Dark types can check certain bulky Felidoxus builds, but must be wary of super effective brick breaks or super powers. Generally Felidoxus can be shut down through constant specially offensive pressure. The key is to predict Felidoxus and hit it with at least a neutral attack on the switch-in. Burning or paralyzing Felidoxus will also cripple it. Although Felidoxus can outspeed and ohko certain common threats, it cannot switch-in on most of their attacks. Felidoxus is fairly predictable, so when facing Felidoxus you generally know what counters it.

Moveset: 

Level-up Moves:

-Scratch

-Lick

Lv. 5  Tail Whip

Lv. 10 Fury Swipes

Lv.15 Double Team

Lv. 18 Swagger

Lv. 20 Fake Out

Lv. 23 Night Shade

Lv. 28 Bite

Lv. 35 Slash

Lv. 38 Shadow Ball

Lv. 45 Super Power

Lv. 55 Feint

Move Tutor Moves:

Double-Edge

Body Slam

Counter

Mimic

Subsitute

TM/HM Moves:

Roar

Toxic

Hidden Power

Hyper Beam

Thunderbolt

Thunder

Blizzard

Protect

Frustration

Iron Tail

Return

Brick Break

Dig

Rest

Flamethrower

Fire Blast

Strength

Cut

Felidoxus has a relatively shallow usable movepool that consists of a normal move (Body Slam/Return/Double-Edge), Shadow Ball, a fighting move (Brick Break/Super Power), and a utility move such as Fake Out, Toxic, Subsitute, Swagger or Roar. Although Felidoxus has a predictable move pool, it can be difficult to stop a sweep when physical walls have been taken out or hurt. While Felidoxus has special moves at its disposal, its 35 base special attack is too low to utilize them.

Sets:

Sweeper:

252 Speed, 252 Attack, 6 HP Jolly/Adamant with Lum Berry

Return/Body Slam/Double-Edge

Shadow Ball

Super Power/Brick Break

Fake Out

This is a straight-forward sweeper set. The attacking core is unresisted and can outspeed much of the metagame. STAB Fake Out can damage opponents before going in for the kill. However, neutral attacks will fail to OHKO many bulky pokemon, and Felidoxus is somewhat frail. This can be used as a scouting lead or a late game sweeper to clean up damaged foes within knock-out range.

Fast Choice Band:

252 Speed, 252 Attack, 6 HP Jolly/Adamant with Choice Band

Shadow Ball

Super Power

Hidden Power Rock/Iron Tail/Brick Break/Fake Out

This is simply a modified version of the standard sweeper Felidoxus. Felidoxus ends up receiving a 50% damage boost and drops Fake Out for another attacking move. Hidden Power Rock is used very rarely, and only to hit Charizard and Scyther. Iron Tail's coverage is very redundant, and so is Brick Break's. Brick Break is a good option if Super Power's secondary effect is undesirable for the given situation. Fake Out can be used for a stronger hitting scout lead and priority move, but it makes Felidoxus completely useless after one turn. The fourth move in this set should not be stressed over too much, because the great majority of Felidoxus's usefulness comes from the first three moves.

Bulky Band:

252 Attack 252 HP,  6 DEF Adamant with Choice Band

Shadow Ball

Brick Break

Hidden Power Rock

This set utilizes Felidoxus's great Normal/Ghost typing as a defensive asset. This set can switch into pokemon that rely on Normal, Fighting, and Ghost type moves to deal damage, and can switch into a limited number of Bug moves. This means that CurseLax and most Snorlax variants are shut down by Bulky Band Felidoxus 100% of the time, and Heracross has to think twice about what move it should use. However, this set sacrifices sweeping ability for bulk and can pay the price. Starmie, Gengar, and Alakazam can now outspeed Felidoxus, however Felidoxus will survive and they will then be OHKO'd by stab shadow ball. 

Gen 5

Luigo
Undiscovered Egg Group

Name:  when designing this pokemon's movepool I got inspiration from Lugia and Lucario, so it's named in tribute to them (also Nidoking but I left that part out of the name.)

Typing:
Fighting/Flying

Concept:
Special Sweeper
By utilizing a unique and effective STAB combination in an unorthodox way (i.e. being a special attacking fighting type) and sporting two coveted abilities Luigo is able to capitalize on a predicted switch by beginning to set up, using one of its support moves, or using one of its coverage attacks.  Fighting/Flying has a wide neutral and super-effective coverage that's only resisted by a few pokemon such as Zapdos, Rotom, and Emolga.  The flying typing allows Luigo to come in unaffected by all entry hazards except for Stealth Rock, which its fighting typing gives it a neutrality to.  The unique typing also gives it a movepool whose types are laregly unaffected by weather, but it also has access to Weather Ball and STAB Hurricane to capitalize on weather.  It also has access to a few moves like Endeavor and Final Gambit which increases the number of sets it can run and make it less predictable.  Luigo is very hard to deal with tactically as with it's high speed can often 2HKO it's counters if they happen to switch in on a well-predicted coverage attack.

Weaknesses and resistances:
2x Electric 2x Ice 2x Psychic 2x Flying
1x Rock 1x Water 1x Fire 1x Dragon 1x Normal 1x Steel 1x Poison 1x Ghost
1/2x Dark 1/2x Fighting 1/2x Grass
1/4x Bug
0x Ground

Ability:
Intimidate/Sheer Force

Intimidate gives Luigo a way to support its team and a way to force a switch and maybe get in a free boost.  It also helps to bolster Luigo's defenses which most of the time will get 0 investment.  Sheer Force when combined with a Life Orb can raise the effectiveness of Luigo's special attacks to uber levels.

Stats:
HP:  90
ATK: 85
DEF: 70
SPA: 105
SPD: 85
SPE:  110
BST:  545

The 110 speed mark keeps it from being outpaced by much of the unscarfed metagame.  It's typing also leaves it susceptible to many of these faster pokemons STAB moves.   With intimidate as an ability and a few key physical resists I made the physical defense rather low and I kept it's special bulk at only slightly above average.  I wanted to make a unique pokemon who was very threatening but not unbeatable.  

Checks/Counters:
Thundurus, Zapdos, and Emolga resist or are immune to damn near everything Luigo throws at them bar AncientPower, Dark Pulse, and Hidden Power and can hit with super effective STAB electric attacks.  Gyarados and Mantine can take any unboosted attack from Luigo and either set up or hit back with STAB flying attacks.   Standard special walls fall short as STAB Focus Blast OHKOs Ferrothorn, Blissey, and Tyranitar.  Faster sweepers or Tanks that can hit with super effective STAB attacks will make short work of any Luigo that lacks any stat buffs or a Focus Sash and Mirror Coat (Luigo has access to Endeavor to endure an attack from a physical sweeper and Final Gambit to to dent buffed special tanks.)

Moves:

Level Up

Whirlwind start
Gust start
Weather Ball 10
Aura Sphere 20
Vaccuum Wave 30
Aeroblast 40
AncientPower 50
Final Gambit 60
Air Slash 70
Hurricane 80
Recover 90
Mirror Coat 100

TM/HM

Calm Mind TM4
Toxic TM6
Hidden Power TM10
Taunt TM12
Hyper Beam TM15
Light Screen TM16
Protect TM17
Safeguard TM20
Frustration TM21
Earthquake TM26
Return TM27
Brick Break TM31
Double Team TM32
Reflect TM33
Aerial Ace TM40
Facade TM42
Rest TM44
Thief TM46
Focus Blast TM52
Energy Ball TM53
Sky Drop TM58
Quash TM60
Acrobatics TM62
Pluck TM88
U-turn TM89
Substitute TM90
Rock Smash TM94
Snarl TM95

Fly HM2
Strength HM4

Tutor

Magic Coat
Block
Earth Power
Dark Pulse
Snore
Knock Off
Roost
Tail Wind
Helping Hand
Trick
Sleep Talk
Snatch
Endeavor
Bounce
Superpower
Sky Attack

Sets:

[spoiler]
Rain Sweeper:
@Life Orb Sheer Force
252 SPA/252 SPE/4 HP Timid Nature
Hurricane
Aura Sphere/Focus Blast
Calm Mind
Weather Ball/Substitute

With 110 speed and access to STAB Hurricane, one of the first things this pokemon screams is rain sweeper.  Though it's still weak to rain's omnipresent Thunder,
a Sheer Force Life Orb boosted Hurricane is even going to hurt Pokemon that resist it.  Focus Blast is more powerful and gets a boost from Life Orb, but Aura Sphere is
a more reliable attack.  Substitute gives the Luigo something to set up behind, but Weather Ball gives it some additional coverage.

Calm Mind:
@Leftovers Intimidate
Air Slash
Aura Sphere
Calm Mind
Roost/Recover

Switch in on a physical attacker and begin Calm Minding away.  Roost in combination with Luigo's high speed will leave it with only two uncommon weaknesses (Psychic and Flying) but you'll also lose out on key resistances. Leftovers and Intimidate over Sheer Force and Life Orb to give some extra staying power and time to boost.

Life Orb:
@Life Orb Sheer Force
Air Slash/Hurricane
Aura Sphere/Focus Blast
Earth Power/Energy Ball/Weather Ball
Dark Pulse

This set stands to be killed by faster pokemon that can hit it super effectively, but offers insane power and coverage.

Trick
@Choice Specs/Choice Scarf Sheer Force
252 SPA/252 SPE/4HP Timid Nature
Air Slash/Hurricane
Aura Sphere/Focus Blast
Earth Power/Energy Ball/Weather Ball/Dark Pulse
Trick

This set sacrifices the ability to switch coverage moves with the ability to trick a choice item onto the opponent's pokemon.[/spoiler]

This pokemon also has access to a very fast taunt, final gambit, mirror coat, and endeavor.  With a focus sash equipped, Luigo can utilize those last 2 moves to eliminate its normal counters.  It also has access to dual screens and Tail Wind with which it can support the team.  The sets listed (and level at which moves were attained) were really kind of an afterthought.  Luigo has coverage moves that can hit a lot of what might counter it super effectively so everything has to be careful switching in.

Flavor Text:
Luigo, the Focus pokemon
An ancient and willfull pokemon, Luigo have adapated to some of the most volatile environments.

A highly intelligent pokemon, it's said to use its power to terrorize pokemon who live more comfortably.

It is said the gusts created by some Luigo have been known to uproot trees and power lines.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.