[Denied]Special Type of Shiny: Different Palette

I've always thought that there should be more than two design/color variations for pokemon, regardless of whether they had shiny rarity or not. Shellos and Basculin are great examples of this (though Basculin has that abilty difference). What I am proposing is that we have more variations than the standard shiny palette.

Note, I am not suggesting we have custom sprites/designs for pokemon, as that what get us in trouble. I am merely suggesting that we get new color palettes in addition to the existing shiny palette. We could have different palettes be rarer than the last one.

I'm not sure whether this is feasible, since new palettes would have to be created for each pokemon, but it's not like it couldn't be worked on one at a time; we could have able members of the community help out with this.

There was a thread on /vp/ a while back, and I really loved some of the color choices some people used.

It wouldn't necessarily have to be a darker version of the normal palette, just something different.

I was just thinking of different examples of things that could be a similar system to shiny, just not shiny directly.

• 1 year later...

I did not say "canon for the games". Anyway, off-color Pokemon were featured in Pokemon Stadium and Pokemon Snap!, so that is actually not completely true :)

The anime you've listed (The Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Special) is not related to the main series anime at all.

Nor is Pokemon Mystery Dungeon related to the main series of Pokemon games.

'Canonicity' as you put, certaintly does not apply there.

Pokemon Stadium 0, 1 and 2 are also spin-off games, but perhaps on a slightly lower level.

Most of the 'off-coloured Pokemon' from the Stadium games varied only very slightly and were activated via the use of different nicknames.

This suggestion is not entirely impossible, however it's a lot of work to create custom pallets for each Pokemon individually.

It would require these custom pallets to be rendered instead of the ones taken from the ROM, It's not something members of the community can assist with (as noted in the OP) - And even if it was, we'd be hesitant to do so.

Whether we end up doing something like this in the future is uncertain, but for now, it's an uneccessary amount of work.

The anime you've listed (The Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Special) is not related to the main series anime at all.

Pokemon Stadium 0, 1 and 2 are also spin-off games, but perhaps on a slightly lower level.

Most of the 'off-coloured Pokemon' from the Stadium games varied only very slightly and were activated via the use of different nicknames.

Whether we end up doing something like this in the future is uncertain, but for now, it's an uneccessary amount of work

I didn't make the list i linked (the picture is a link)....and one episode shouldn't completely destroy the other examples from the normal episodes in the same continuity as Ash and friends...Canonicity certainly applies...(Although I do see your point with the episode with the Purple Kecleon, but it was just so cute I couldn't resist!)

On a side note I totally get how difficult or next-to-impossible this would be to implement in the game in any way, just tried to liven up the post...sorry...

This suggestion is not entirely impossible, however it's a lot of work to create custom pallets for each Pokemon individually.

It would require these custom pallets to be rendered instead of the ones taken from the ROM, It's not something members of the community can assist with (as noted in the OP) - And even if it was, we'd be hesitant to do so.

Whether we end up doing something like this in the future is uncertain, but for now, it's an uneccessary amount of work.

If it is do-able in the first place I could get behind it but would prefer that some people are asked to do the shinnies and devs only put them in the game so that development is hunt too much.

But anything that makes more varied Pokémon looks in general I support.

I only support this idea if and only if these alternately colored pokemon are special prizes for top tier official pokemmo tournaments. Such as, instead of choosing a normal pokemon to become shiny, you choose a shiny pokemon to become uniquely colored. The purpose of this would be to distinguish top tier winners, and thus these new uniquely colored pokemon would be untradeable, and would be stuck to that champion (to eliminate a new tier of shinies on the market). This would also create a small "shiny sink" so that shiny paras will never only costs 1k (just a hyperbolic example).