The NU Knockout

Emlee

mqyJV6x.jpg

Congratz to JorgeBale for placing First, and to Barrage for placing Second

Explanation: 32 Man, 32 Reserves, 6v6, lvl 50, Double Elimination, NU Tournament.

Banned OU/BL Pokemon
[spoiler]Aerodactyl
Alakazam
Arcanine
Blissey
Breloom
Chansey
Charizard
Crobat
Dugtrio
Dusclops
Electrode
Exeggutor
Gengar
Gyarados
Heracross
Houndoom
Jolteon
Jynx
Kangaskhan
Kingdra
Lapras
Ludicolo
Machamp
Magneton
Marowak
Salamence
Scizor
Skarmory
Slaking
Slowbro
Slowking
Snorlax
Starmie
Tauros
Umbreon
Ursaring
Vaporeon
Venusaur
Weezing
[/spoiler]

Banned UU Pokemon list
[spoiler]Absol
Ampharos
Aggron
Azumarill
Banette
Blastoise
Cacturne
Clefable
Cloyster
Dodrio
Donphan
Electabuzz

Espeon
Flareon
Forretress

Gligar
Golduck
Golem
Granbull
Grumpig
Haunter
Hitmonlee

Hitmontop
Hypno
Kabutops
Kadabra

Lanturn
Magmar
Mantine
Misdreavus
Mr. Mime
Muk

Nidoking
Nidoqueen
Ninetales

Octillery
Omastar
Pikachu
Pinsir
Politoed
Poliwrath
Porygon2
Primeape
Quagsire
Qwilfish
Raichu
Rhydon
Sandslash
Scyther
Sharpedo

Smeargle
Sneasel
Steelix
Tentacruel
Victreebel
Vigoroth
Vileplume
Walrein

Wynaut
Xatu

[/spoiler]

Date/Time: Sunday, Sept 29th, 5PM EDT
Prizes: 1st Shiny Beedril or Butterfree
Banned Moves (besides 1HKO): Bide, Hyper Beam
Banned Pokemon(in addition to the above UU and OU Pokemon): Wobbuffet
Banned Berry: Enigma Berry
Clauses: Sleep/1HKO/Pristine/Species/Hax Items/Time/Evasion/Bag Items/Self KO

Registration Method: Post your IGN in this thread once registration has occurred. I will allow two sign ups per forum account, given they are in different posts. Test posting in this thread will result in being unable to participate in the tournament. Please only sign up players who have asked you to in order to prevent any confusion the day of the tournament. Registration is based on Forum Time. Registration will be randomized, meaning bracket participants are randomly drawn from the in games names that are posted during registration, reserve spots will be first come first serve. Posting during the registration time span does not guarantee you a spot in the Tournament.

Notes:
Do not AFK Timeout your opponent unless your referee has stated you may.

Disconnecting during a match when result in a DQ.

Do not block your opponents, or the Staff running the Event. If there is evidence of this and disregarding staff requesting you to unblock said individuals you will be DQ'd.

Volpi Clause (requesting to change channels for your matches) will not be allowed for this tournament. Entrants are encouraged to uncheck "Render Overworld in Battle". (Menu -> Settings -> Video).

If you are on the bracket for this tournament and cannot attend please send me a PM, or post in the discussion thread letting me know you cannot make it, this lessens the time it takes for signs ups the day of the tournament. Thanks in advance.

Bracket
Reserves:
[spoiler]
1 FOnGni Moved up to the bracket due to a dropout
2 HotBums  Moved up to the bracket due to a dropout
3 NataliaHeart
4 Govictory
5 pel
6 DaftRetro
7 Winterbrah
8 Fapbrah
9 pokefuego
10 Boutet
11 thefirelion

12 TheBloo
13 DoubleJJ
14 KingBowser
15 eggroll
16 Fishtickles
17 JSTUD
[/spoiler]

Event Staffing
Host: Emlee
Referees: Mariout, CipherWeston, Deejaye, ShinyChansey

I have posted this well in advance so that discussion regarding the NU Tier can be conducted. The banned Pokemon lists will be updated as late as the day of registration but not afterwards. This tournament is to test the current interest in this tier. Feel free to post comments, concerns, feedback and questions in this thread. I am looking forward to seeing how this goes in order to determine if this can be repeated in the near future.

012f.gif015.gif

Edited by Emlee
Winners.

oh nice, i like how you get your choice of prizes but my only concern is the 6v6. not many people have NUs, i think for the first NU tournament 4v4 would be better imo

You may be correct in hindsight but my reasoning was that I am giving such a large window for people to prepare teams that I may as well try out the 6v6 format. Hopefully it goes okay. 

I think a switch to 4v4 would be a pretty good idea. I also think you probably should've waited for a few more unofficial NUs to happen before making an official so we could get a better ban list going.

Buuuut since we didn't wait for that I'll start breeding some Hitmonchan and Glalie right now.

EDIT: but at least the prize is appropriate. 

I have posted this well in advance so that discussion regarding the NU Tier can be conducted. The banned Pokemon lists will be updated as late as the day of registration 

octillery should be banned, it was a mistake that it wasnt on the list as seen in the uu thread.

octillery is slow and has horrible defenses

First of all, base 75 defences across the board isn't that bad at all, especially in NU. Second of all, pure Water isn't exactly a bad typing defensively. (Cough, cough, bulky waters)

Besides that, this discussion goes in the UU list thread, not here.

First of all, base 75 defences across the board isn't that bad at all, especially in NU. Second of all, pure Water isn't exactly a bad typing defensively. (Cough, cough, bulky waters)

Besides that, this discussion goes in the UU list thread, not here.

you make a valid argument, i looked into it further and you are right.

4v4 plox ;-;

6 is so many to train in 3 a bit over 4 weeks if you are not committed to NU fully.

no! don't take us back to the wretched 4v4! i caught/bred and trained 4 UU's in 4 days this week and bred 100+ other pokemon. dont dumb down the tournament because someone doesnt want to do the work to train/breed/grind for it.