The NU Knockout

Emlee

no! don't take us back to the wretched 4v4! i caught/bred and trained 4 UU's in 4 days this week and bred 100+ other pokemon. dont dumb down the tournament because someone doesnt want to do the work to train/breed/grind for it.

don't dumb down the tournament so you can actually fill the spots, I like to get a pass to the quarter finals for everybody* fix that for you

don't dumb down the tournament so you can actually fill the spots, I like to get a pass to the quarter finals for everybody* fix that for you

First of all, raising a pokemon to level 50 is pathetically easy, and so is EV training.

Second of all, some NU pokemon are usable in UU/OU, so I'm sure a lot of people will have several NU pokemon already prepared, not even counting the people who have had NU pokemon prepared for a long time.

The only remotely time consuming process is catching good pokemon, or breeding them if you need egg moves, and ~1 month is plenty of time for only 6 pokemon. If you're especially lazy, just trade for them.

[spoiler]tl;dr get over it[/spoiler]

First of all, raising a pokemon to level 50 is pathetically easy, and so is EV training.

Second of all, some NU pokemon are usable in UU/OU, so I'm sure a lot of people will have several NU pokemon already prepared, not even counting the people who have had NU pokemon prepared for a long time.

The only remotely time consuming process is catching good pokemon, or breeding them if you need egg moves, and ~1 month is plenty of time for only 6 pokemon. If you're especially lazy, just trade for them.

[spoiler]tl;dr get over it[/spoiler]

this is why we had so many nu tourneys right.

and the lists are all kinda stopped updating untill NU actually was played so pokemon like jumpluff and octillery are gonna be spotted in almost every team. not that this is different from snorlax and blissey in ou a while ago.

I won't be changing it to 4v4 from 6v6 for this tournament, but if I get an extremely poor turn out I will consider some format changes down the road. I believe I have given ample notice to try and arrange a team. 

The Banned UU and OU Pokemon in this thread are not set in stone at the time of this post. I am happy to change them up until the point of registration. If you believe they should be altered please post in the appropriate threads in Competition Alley. 

this is why we had so many nu tourneys right.

and the lists are all kinda stopped updating untill NU actually was played so pokemon like jumpluff and octillery are gonna be spotted in almost every team. not that this is different from snorlax and blissey in ou a while ago.

"this is why we had so many nu tourneys right."

I don't think I've ever seen an argument THIS wrong before. The reason we've never had any NU tournies is because we had 1 when NU was first created to "Test it out", but breeding promptly came along and everyone forgot about it. You're not even addressing my points, you're literally dismissing them with a meaningless sentence. If you're going to try and dismiss my points, at least learn to make an actual argument, instead of wasting space on the forums.

As for the second point...Ok? Is that just something you tacked on for no reason? That has nothing to do with 4v4 or 6v6. If you don't think those pokemon should in NU, then post that on the thread discussing NU, do not post it here.

[spoiler]why do i even read the forums anymore srs[/spoiler]

"this is why we had so many nu tourneys right."

I don't think I've ever seen an argument THIS wrong before. The reason we've never had any NU tournies is because we had 1 when NU was first created to "Test it out", but breeding promptly came along and everyone forgot about it. You're not even addressing my points, you're literally dismissing them with a meaningless sentence. If you're going to try and dismiss my points, at least learn to make an actual argument, instead of wasting space on the forums.

As for the second point...Ok? Is that just something you tacked on for no reason? That has nothing to do with 4v4 or 6v6. If you don't think those pokemon should in NU, then post that on the thread discussing NU, do not post it here.

[spoiler]why do i even read the forums anymore srs[/spoiler]

lol, so serious dang

I wasn't trying to convince you, I was just making a statement.

[spoiler]why do you really?[/spoiler]

edit: I just like to say I told you so afterwards. mad?

Octillery banned to UU as no one has opposed it.

The Banned UU and OU Pokemon in this thread are not set in stone at the time of this post. I am happy to change them up until the point of registration. If you believe they should be altered please post in the appropriate threads in Competition Alley. 

thanks for the advice

well i think NU is sht 

This is where you find:

Shield dust, a cool ability

Compound eyes - an even cooler ability

Dunsparce the only real serenegrace'r in the entire generation

Sableye the only pokemon with no weaknesses in the entire generation

tail glow the only + 2 sp.atk. move in the entire generation

And much more that I've forgotten or don't even know about as NU is so never used...

And, maybe even more important, NU is the tier where you have the chance to use pokemon you like, but can't use, as they´re too weak for higher tiers! .-D