[Denied]Color based IV checker on pokemon summary

Many people want fast check the ivs of the pokemon, and after the update the auto calc dont work, there was a suggestion for including the ivs direct in the pokemon summary, denied of course.

But what about doing a not exactly iv check for the pokemon, faster way to know if the pokemon is comp or not, and the ivs are not showed.

Ranks like 0-10 red color, 11-20 orange, 21-30 a green, and 31 blue. This way the people just know if the pokemon is competitve one, and still need check the exact IVs on some page.

Β 

xbki.png

i like it, but the colerd text wont fit with several custom themes, perhaps some color star or circle next to the stat

Nice idea, or doing the colors editable, of course telling on the gui what color is what.

The autocalc was never intended to work with the update in any cirmscustance though, it isn't an "official" add-on, last time I checked at least.

Β 

As for the topic.. the suggestions get denied because they want to cater to the casual crowd IIRC.. (then again, I would argue the update only created a longer bridge between comps and casuals)

Β 

This isn't an idea that outright tells you the value of your ivs (except blue), hopefully it gets to somewhere bb ( ͑° 3 ͑°) 

Β 

I can understand the benefits of a quick indication of IVs in game, but no matter what there will be Pokemon you catch that require narrowed IVs. So to me this suggestion is settling for something less than what you want (not ideal for players) and is also a feature given for "free" in game (not ideal for game mechanics) meaning players could be required to make some sort of effort, or donate in order to receive a full IV calculator and they would do that.Β 

Β 

If an in game calculator is something you want to see then you should be proposing methods of obtaining it in game. Although there is the possibility that a free 3rd party program could be created to obtain this information for free (I am completely oblivious to whether or not the client can be made invincible to this) I believe you should run under the possibility that you can get the features you absolutely want for the simple fact that something so crucial to the game (IV calculation) should not be completely dependent on outside programs to obtain. It doesn't make sense (in my opinion) from a game mechanics view that players who become competitive must endure the process of outside IV calculation, but that also means they shouldn't be handed a compromise in game. To me this suggestion is a band aide, if you were to receive this in game you would be left wanting more, and the game would be left depending on outside fundamental calculations.Β 

Β 

If you believe the devs or wary of implementing an in game IV calc because they do not want every new member cringing at their less than perfect starters, or party members, and to be discouraged from jumping into competitive scene then made a suggestion that avoids this type of dismay. Suggest something that can be earned in the game, propose a money sink, propose a quest to earn the ability of an IV calc in game, propose that it's obtained via reward points, just propose anything besides selling yourself short. Why? Because after all is said and done wouldn't you rather have tried for what you really want? I can promise you that the implementation of this suggestion will only leave you wanting more and you won't be the only one.Β 

Β 

I am absolutely positive that if a degree of effort in game could get you permanent, or a time slot with an auto IV calculator that it could be made reasonable enough that outside IV calculators would be less appealing. In other words you can create a mechanic that is more beneficial to use in game than to go to outside sources. When you put it in perspective using an outside IV calculator is a bit of a grind, I am sure if there were a less time consuming, or more "fun" method(s) implemented in game to earn an IV calculator that it would trump the free versions. Obviously you could skip any sort of grind and require PokeYen to obtain it for a certain amount of time and call it a money sink, but whatever you do I, again, don't think you should settle until you get a big dev post stamping aΒ No on an IV calculator suggestion.Β 

Β 

Nonetheless this suggestion is inconsistent. It provides "ranges" and then throws in a category for the IV of 31. Yes, I can understand why you want this as a player but I think it would be too much handed to you, especially when I think the game could get some effort out of players to indicate IVs as opposed to handing them out for free. I just want to note that I am not suggesting IV calculation should be temporary, or permanently, obtained through some massive and unpleasant grind, but I do believe a happy medium and a proper game mechanic could be developed.Β 

Β 

TL;DR don't settle for something less than what you want, and realize you're asking for the indication of perfect IVs to be dropped into your lap (imo that is unreasonable, ranges are one thing but a Perfect IV Y/N indicator is a whole other story). Balance is key.Β 

The only way I see....dammit that sig is distracting.... uh the only way I see them implementing an official IV calc is once you beat the elite 4 you get it since now ur finished with the story and can go on to the post game stuff. It will have to be for free though as there really isnt a way to stop 3rd party programs like auto IV calculators so if they do make it a money sink I'm sure someone will come up with another auto IV for free. One thing they could do is just make their own 3rd party auto IV calculator. That way people wont have to worry about whether it will ever be updated and its not that difficult to make an IV calc anyway.

The only way I see....dammit that sig is distracting.... uh the only way I see them implementing an official IV calc is once you beat the elite 4 you get it since now ur finished with the story and can go on to the post game stuff. It will have to be for free though as there really isnt a way to stop 3rd party programs like auto IV calculators so if they do make it a money sink I'm sure someone will come up with another auto IV for free. One thing they could do is just make their own 3rd party auto IV calculator. That way people wont have to worry about whether it will ever be updated and its not that difficult to make an IV calc anyway.

Β 

I don't see why an in game IV calc could be expanded upon to have more benefits than a 3rd party program, such as storage on the Pokemon summaries, etc. Just something to think about.Β 

*Distracting sig*

Β 

I like that idea of the IV's being shown on the summary page. Nice aestheticism that would be but imo it would be better to have IV's on its own separate tab or if they do put the IV's on the summary page then they should put the EV's there as well for convenience sake.

Β 

In the end though an IV calc is just as its name suggests.... an IV calc. Whether you are using a paid for one in game or an external 3rd party program you got for free they still gonna show you your IV's anyway. That's just my opinion anywayΒ  :P

I like that idea of the IV's being shown on the summary page. Nice aestheticism that would be but imo it would be better to have IV's on its own separate tab or if they do put the IV's on the summary page then they should put the EV's there as well for convenience sake.

Β 

In the end though an IV calc is just as its name suggests.... an IV calc. Whether you are using a paid for one in game or an external 3rd party program you got for free they still gonna show you your IV's anyway. That's just my opinion anywayΒ  :P

^^ I already suggested the IV's in pokemon summary, "not going to happen"

^^ I already suggested the IV's in pokemon summary, "not going to happen"

Β 

I think "exact Ivs on pokemon summary" and "Not exact Ivs with ranks on pokemon summary" is not the same

• 2 months later...