The Pokerus Thread

Tokxilchaosz

Question

Doesn't work at all because pokerus spreads. Unless of course getting Pokerus means that you'll never trade anything really ever again; which would really suck. Pokerus doesn't hinder anyone at all; I see no reason NOT to have it, other than some people's baseless claims.

ACTIVE pokerus can't be traded. You could still trade pokemon with INACTIVE pokerus. Meaning they couldn't spread it.

Originally posted here.

Suggestion: Implement Pokérus in a few locations periodically to double the EV points gained.

Introduction: PokeMMO changed after the last update, specially the economy. The EV training dynamics was affected and became harder. The vitamin prices are expensive now because it was not adjusted according the last changelog. Some areas used for EV training have difficult access without the use of Repels, which are $50 Pokédollars more expensive.

Example: I need to do EV training in Special Attack. Pokémon Tower is the common area for it, but I can't run or bike there, so it is slower. I consider go to Ruby Path, but the time or Repel I will spend to cross the sea and grass make my options to EV training expensive and limited.

Explanation: First of all, I do not know if the suggestion is possible and it is just a complement to help the EV rework because does not solve the EV training issue completely. The idea is to implement Pokérus in a different way, making an endemic disease, instead epidemic. Endemic diseases affect just a isolated area for several reasons.

The Pokérus appears in Route 1, for example, for a limited time periodically just like the poké swarms and all the pokémons in that area will give double EV points. I recommend Pokérus appears in the areas used for EV training and rotates between them.

Content:

Recommended areas for the suggestion

Staff interest in EV rework

Community interest in EV rework

Edit: I have a question for the staff: What is the interest in reviving a topic inactive since september 2012? According this topic, the devs doesn't read multiple suggestions, wordy suggestions, suggestions with misleading titles, so it is unlikely they read a topic created 1 year ago with a lot of posts and see mine. 

Edit: I have a question for the staff: What is the interest in reviving a topic inactive since september 2012? According this topic, the devs doesn't read multiple suggestions, wordy suggestions, suggestions with misleading titles, so it is unlikely they read a topic created 1 year ago with a lot of posts and see mine. 

I am sure when/if they decide to implement Pokerus and they're interested in the community's thoughts on it they will read over this thread. You have to remember you're suggesting a method of a mechanic that exists in the games, so you are technically just giving your thoughts on how to do something and not creating a completely original suggestion. It's the same scenario for the new region suggestions, and was the same thing for the legendary suggestions. Theses types of threads are a reference for later when/if something is implemented, they're not exactly relative to PokeMMO as it currently is. By currently I mean Pokerus is not implemented in game so you're suggesting an entire method of implementation. This was also true of any breeding suggestions made before breeding was in game. 

Overall, if they want community input on Pokerus (because they're considering implementing it) then they will easily be able to locate your post. All in one thread makes much more sense for this, your suggestion is more likely to be lost in a thread of its own. Rest assured your thoughts won't be lost as there is a ToC for this section. 

Guigozord, is what you're saying like with the outbreaks we have currently? Like random outbursts of double EVs in certain areas?

Because I think that sounds pretty cool.

Exactly. But have to be more time than 20 min in the poké swarms, like the time for 30% of a EV training.

Introduction: PokeMMO changed after the last update, specially the economy. The EV training dynamics was affected and became harder. The vitamin prices are expensive now because it was not adjusted according the last changelog. Some areas used for EV training have difficult access without the use of Repels, which are $50 Pokédollars more expensive.

ok dynamics of ev training is not really affected from the updates at all just go to the ev spots put on a macho brace and train until its done or break it up in sessions...and just from like 3 routes you can earn 40k which can give you roughly 4 of your vitamins even though those are a mere luxury and most ev spots i use i dont need repels o.O of course i usually only ev train speed and sp atk XD sometimes health or attack lol but never needed a repel for such.

now on your outbreaks sounds like a good idea  but how would the player know if there is a pokerus outbreak? you could have nurse joy tell you there is an outbreak around the town the pokemon center your in every once in awhile like if you were in viridian she could give a message like "Pokemon have been brought in lately having been infected by a virus but the pokemon seem fine" which could say a pokerus outbreak is in one of the routes near the pokecenter.

PS: (dont think running/biking/walking affect how much you encounter pokemon in gen 3 could be wrong) 

ok dynamics of ev training is not really affected from the updates at all just go to the ev spots put on a macho brace and train until its done or break it up in sessions...and just from like 3 routes you can earn 40k which can give you roughly 4 of your vitamins even though those are a mere luxury and most ev spots i use i dont need repels o.O of course i usually only ev train speed and sp atk XD sometimes health or attack lol but never needed a repel for such.

now on your outbreaks sounds like a good idea  but how would the player know if there is a pokerus outbreak? you could have nurse joy tell you there is an outbreak around the town the pokemon center your in every once in awhile like if you were in viridian she could give a message like "Pokemon have been brought in lately having been infected by a virus but the pokemon seem fine" which could say a pokerus outbreak is in one of the routes near the pokecenter.

PS: (dont think running/biking/walking affect how much you encounter pokemon in gen 3 could be wrong) 

Yes, it is affected. I am aware of Macho Brace, it does not solve the problem.

You are not considering the time and money you spend in this process. If you don't wanna spend all your money in vitamins, you have to EV train the pokémon all the 508 points.  If you wanna train your pokémon in a isolated area, you have to pass for the grass and sea. Did you try cross the sea without repel already? Count the Tentacools you will find and calculate the time. You will wish having a store of repels.

Competitive players have to EV train their pokémons and usually they train a lot of pokémons. If you don't feel affected, it is your opinion, but the majority of competitive players are affected, otherwise I would not bother creating a topic with a suggestion for it.  

Television, like the swarms. Or a system announcement. Or the devs can establish the hours the pokérus will appears and post a topic in the forum. There are so many ways.

You encounter pokémons while you walk. Biking make you walk faster? Got it?

Yes, it is affected. I am aware of Macho Brace, it does not solve the problem.

You are not considering the time and money you spend in this process. If you don't wanna spend all your money in vitamins, you have to EV train the pokémon all the 508 points.  If you wanna train your pokémon in a isolated area, you have to pass for the grass and sea. Did you try cross the sea without repel already? Count the Tentacools you will find and calculate the time. You will wish having a store of repels.

Competitive players have to EV train their pokémons and usually they train a lot of pokémons. If you don't feel affected, it is your opinion, but the majority of competitive players are affected, otherwise I would not bother creating a topic with a suggestion for it.  

Television, like the swarms. Or a system announcement. Or the devs can establish the hours the pokérus will appears and post a topic in the forum. There are so many ways.

You encounter pokémons while you walk. Biking make you walk faster? Got it?

your not crossing an ocean your just riding your pokemon on the tentacools....but sometimes its pretty bad and sometimes i dont run into anything for bout 20 steps....im only saying vitamins are a luxury. they arent needed but they are useful and i have used em on occassion for the lvl 30 pokemon i wanted into a comp cause i didnt want to over lvl them. but again im not declining pokerus at all to help ev training.

How about this:

A man-made pokerus, that was producted in Pokemon Mansion or Powerplant or near the Rocket Storage on island 5.

The idea was to recreate the original pokerus that was so rare to get, but the doctors failed and the project was closed.

What the doctors got was a low power copy of the original pokerus, that, when used on a pokemon would let it get 2x EVs, but only for a certain number of battles ( 20 Battles for example ). After that the effect would disappear. The pokemom won't become immune to this tho, so it was possible use them more than once. The effect works with the Mach Brace ( 4x EVs if holding Macho and Pokerus used ). This kind of pokerus won't spread to other pokes.

Right now it's still possible to find the remnants of the project on wild pokes like *insert pokemon from the previously mentioned locations here*, in fact some species hold a little bottle (there is a specific name for it but can't remember it) with a 5% chance.

Or, there is an old doctor working on that project that would trade a dose of it for a Nugget or Perl or whatever.

Pokerus bottles are tradeable.

TLDR: Consumable Pokerus with limited life-time ( counted in battle ), to get it you need to farm items.

Pros: less ev training burden
Cons: more item grinding.

How about this:

A man-made pokerus, that was producted in Pokemon Mansion or Powerplant or near the Rocket Storage on island 5.

The idea was to recreate the original pokerus that was so rare to get, but the doctors failed and the project was closed.

What the doctors got was a low power copy of the original pokerus, that, when used on a pokemon would let it get 2x EVs, but only for a certain number of battles ( 20 Battles for example ). After that the effect would disappear. The pokemom won't become immune to this tho, so it was possible use them more than once. The effect works with the Mach Brace ( 4x EVs if holding Macho and Pokerus used ). This kind of pokerus won't spread to other pokes.

Right now it's still possible to find the remnants of the project on wild pokes like *insert pokemon from the previously mentioned locations here*, in fact some species hold a little bottle (there is a specific name for it but can't remember it) with a 5% chance.

Or, there is an old doctor working on that project that would trade a dose of it for a Nugget or Perl or whatever.

Pokerus bottles are tradeable.

TLDR: Consumable Pokerus with limited life-time ( counted in battle ), to get it you need to farm items.

Pros: less ev training burden
Cons: more item grinding.

i really like that idea. but it would be nice it could be obtained by pokedollars too.