Team Tournament [December Edition]

Will this be postponed for like a week so the players can adapt to the big change called Tyranitar?

I would personally say to ban it ( with Dnite ) for this tourney, there wasn't enough time for some players to prepare for it ( yeah, the update with flat battles was called, but it was realesed the same day of the tourney ), cause this is actually a pretty big change in my opinion

Unless this

it doesnt have to be flat battle right? or are all duals flat now?

1.How about you compare the brackets of nu and 100's. 
2.Flat battles were known, should have prepared for it. Insert senile quote here.

First of all Senile is not a staff member. So he could've been saying anything it doesn't necessarly mean it's comming. Yes flat battles would come eventually(tm), but I think your team is the only one who would actually prepare for something that may come only after six months. But anyway, you have a point with the 100s thing. 100s scale down to 50 so I guess it's not that big of a deal. Especially for teams like Wish that play a lot of 100s anyway (and Bong).

But I do think that teams without 100s players are at a very big disadvantage in regards to teams that do. Saying they should've prepared for it is kind of silly if you look back and would know that this game was fairly crappy and I don't think anyone should hatch for days an days only to prepare for a change that may or mat not have come in the next update.

Fuck my phone.

First of all Senile is not a staff member. So he could've been saying anything it doesn't necessarly mean it's comming. Yes flat battles would come eventually(tm), but I think your team is the only one who would actually prepare for something that may come only after six months. But anyway, you have a point with the 100s thing. 100s scale down to 50 so I guess it's not that big of a deal. Especially for teams like Wish that play a lot of 100s anyway (and Bong).

But I do think that teams without 100s players are at a very big disadvantage in regards to teams that do. Saying they should've prepared for it is kind of silly if you look back and would know that this game was fairly crappy and I don't think anyone should hatch for days an days only to prepare for a change that may or mat not have come in the next update.

Fuck my phone.

Majority of the teams on the bracket I know have 100's players. "Also Please remember (directed towards anyone) you can technically lose your NU OU matches every single time and still win the Team Tournament. You're allowed to have a weak link." It was used against me, feels like it fits this situation.

I don't know why you are all being so bitter. You were advised that NU would be part of this tournament with two weeks' notice. That is plenty of time, given this is a team tournament after all, not an individual one. That means every player on your team can contribute towards obtaining comps in preparation. No one was advised of this change, however, and people who play only 50s will be greatly crippled. I don't think it is fair at all, given there is no reason for said players to expect any such change at this particular time. This is intended to be a 50s tournament, after all, not a 100s tournament. You can't say that people should be prepared for 100s meta when this tournament is specifically stated to be at the 50s level. That is no longer true. In order to uphold the rules specified at the time that this thread was posted, with all implications considered, tyranitar and dragonite should be banned from this tournament. While not nearly as important, moonlight umbreon and morning sun espeon should also be banned from usage.

I don't know why you are all being so bitter. You were advised that NU would be part of this tournament with two weeks' notice. That is plenty of time, given this is a team tournament after all, not an individual one. That means every player on your team can contribute towards obtaining comps in preparation. No one was advised of this change, however, and people who play only 50s will be greatly crippled. I don't think it is fair at all, given there is no reason for said players to expect any such change at this particular time. This is intended to be a 50s tournament, after all, not a 100s tournament. You can't say that people should be prepared for 100s meta when this tournament is specifically stated to be at the 50s level. That is no longer true. In order to uphold the rules specified at the time that this thread was posted, with all implications considered, tyranitar and dragonite should be banned from this tournament. While not nearly as important, moonlight umbreon and morning sun espeon should also be banned from usage.

10=14? NU stated in OP?  "Also Please remember (directed towards anyone) you can technically lose your NU OU matches every single time and still win the Team Tournament. 

All of the sass in this thread, LOL. Honestly, this tournament should be ran as it was intended and advertised before sign ups. Tournaments should not be altered after sign ups unless it's absolutely necessary. This means that measures should be taken to emulate the 50s meta pre update. I know you're trying to "give people a taste of their own medicine", Lyle, but it's not the same thing. 

Staff never seems to consider events when it comes to updates, that lack of communication among those who run events and those who develop is very clear in this thread. Hopefully a staff member will comment and decide what they're legitimately going to do. Almost everyone here is reacting before knowing what exactly they have decided to do.