Team Tournament [December Edition]

I don't believe this should be converted to the NU tier. After hearing the response of only a few of the participating teams a staff member made a bold, possibly rash, decision. In my opinion a poll should be posted for 1 week before any decisions are made. The NU tier is simply too new, and it lacks in interest from the overall competitive scene.

Post a poll, include 100s.

I don't believe this should be converted to the NU tier. After hearing the response of only a few of the participating teams a staff member made a bold, possibly rash, decision. In my opinion a poll should be posted for 1 week before any decisions are made. The NU tier is simply too new, and it lacks in interest from the overall competitive scene.

Post a poll, include 100s.

yes their should be a poll but the event is in 7 days. at this point changing it again is probably going to cause more trouble then not. when this is over we can have a poll for next month. also 100's should be in their too since the next update will force people to get 100's and if they'll going to all that work why not make them comp 100's? 

I think NU does have a strong enough following to support the staff's decision to change it. Even if not it is always good to try new things out and see what works, give different things a a chance. If it doesn't work then there is always doubles and 100s to fall back on for next time, but right now I see a lot of people asking for NU so I think it is a good decision made by staff.

Personally I like that doubbles was changed to NU, but I think it was probably best if there had been a poll. Fact is it is changed now though based on what Shinychansey saw as the majority of the compedtivie communties will. I don't think any of us know wether the majority really prefer doubbles or NU without a poll but I think the best thing to do now would be to continue with the current tiers and add a poll for next time.

Edit: And be happy Shinychansey tries (not saying that this was deffinately the right decission) to satisfy the community.

I wonder, RTVN.

I think you will find we aren't the only team that would like to see NUs included in this tournament, if you look at the thread you will see individuals from other teams asking for it too. Personally I would like to see OU, UU, NU, Doubles and 100s as that would keep everyone happy but unfortunately I guess staff don't have the resources to do that right now, but maybe that could be an option in the future. I do agree and like the idea of a poll and I guess that is the fairest way of deciding what the majority of the community want.

some of the team is for nu and some for doubles. to my knowledge the team as a whole is not in support of nu but rather individuals are.

Actually I think you will find only you are in support of keeping doubles in the team over NU.

There are plenty of people interested in NU right now. It's not just Revolution.

Keep on mind polls are fully exploitable and should never be dependent on completely for a decision.

Also keep in mind that should this team tournament not work as intended because there's NU then the staff will react appropriately down the road. Let them test things without getting too bent out of shape, please (when the testing is asked for by the community that is).

Doubles is a glitch fest and I am fairly certain there are more people preparing for NU than preparing specifically for doubles. Doubles has an advantage in that people can use their singles 50s in it from their OU teams.

If you cannot partake because of the NU requirement then don't partake, that's feedback to the staff that people may be unable to enter because of their choice to switch to NU. If this isn't an option then try to find someone in your teams who is interested in NU, hell you can even recruit someone based on their interests in NU. You have some time.

All in all feedback is important and it's good to voice your opinions but don't make it personal and insult ShiChan, he's trying something new that isn't completely random and is applicable to many people.

I might be biased because I enjoy NU but I will say it deserves more official attention based on the fact that there are more unofficial (many more) NU tournaments than Official ones. This is an okay way to test it imo.

TL;DR give feedback, don't insult though. Keep in mind staff trying something does not mean it's permanent.

Actually I think you will find only you are in support of keeping doubles in the team over NU.

if the team gets together and decides to support this as a team i will as well. but as this hasn't happened i don't want you to speak for me and i dont think you should speak for the 100 or so members of rvtn on this. i know you and guyva support it, but i know not everyone does. it's better imo to either have everyone support different sides as individuals in these kinds of things. or have a team meeting to vote over which side so everyone can voice their opinions. 

There are plenty of people interested in NU right now. It's not just Revolution.

Keep on mind polls are fully exploitable and should never be dependent on completely for a decision.

Also keep in mind that should this team tournament not work as intended because there's NU then the staff will react appropriately down the road. Let them test things without getting too bent out of shape, please (when the testing is asked for by the community that is).

Doubles is a glitch fest and I am fairly certain there are more people preparing for NU than preparing specifically for doubles. Doubles has an advantage in that people can use their singles 50s in it from their OU teams.

If you cannot partake because of the NU requirement then don't partake, that's feedback to the staff that people may be unable to enter because of their choice to switch to NU. If this isn't an option then try to find someone in your teams who is interested in NU, hell you can even recruit someone based on their interests in NU. You have some time.

All in all feedback is important and it's good to voice your opinions but don't make it personal and insult ShiChan, he's trying something new that isn't completely random and is applicable to many people.

I might be biased because I enjoy NU but I will say it deserves more official attention based on the fact that there are more unofficial (many more) NU tournaments than Official ones. This is an okay way to test it imo.

TL;DR give feedback, don't insult though. Keep in mind staff trying something does not mean it's permanent.

^

Hue, to be the best team you should be able to play in any tier :P

(Which would require ou, uu, nu, doubles, 100s - but picking any 3 of them should not be a problem imo :) )

1. Find a better way to calibrate whether it should be replaced if a poll doesn't work. 

2. You of all people should know that if something doesn't work, the staff is most likely going to fuck up and do retarded shit again. 

3. Singles is probably a bigger glitch fest than doubles given that swords dance and focus punch are used significantly  more.

4. The original post said Doubles not NU. At least Doubles had been around long enough for people to actually make teams before doubles was implemented in the team tournament. If we were given more time to prep a solid team as oppose to the shit we can breed in the next few days I wouldn't have mind. But the rash and abrupt decision to change because a few whiny fgts complained is retarded.

5. When someone is consistently making bad calls, there's no point in just pointing out that their ideas are fucken dumb, you have to point out to that person that they are fucken retarded. (multiple occurrences over the past months). No reason to beat around the bush anymore.

6. Yes you are clearly biased.