[IPS] Moemon Fire Red Revival Project (Updated 9-17-2019)

@DeathRebel

Pale looks fine to me, though I do wonder if she would look good tan...

~

I noticed recently that nobody has made any attempt to create a more detailed Natu sprite. The current sprite looks kind of... small.

[spoiler]

9CbpIBE.png

[/spoiler]

"Tiny Bird" indeed.

My last attempt to make a sprite was disastrous, but after much wallowing in regret I eventually found the heart to try again. I daresay this one has gone a little bit better, though I know I still suck eggs at this whole business. Pixels are surprisingly fickle beasts.

LSydKN4.png

Probably needs a load of edits or a complete rework before it'll even be passable, but I would like feedback. Is it too small? Is it too simple? Is the cape stupid? Should I give up and throw myself out a window?

Edit - Also, feel free to tell me if it's 100% unacceptable for reasons such as "doesn't match the style of Xatu," "doesn't match the style of every other moemon," etc. I need an excuse to practice more anyway, and a complete remaking of the sprite would probably be good practice.

Edited by Ignitehawk

@Hardcore

Use tinypic to upload your image, then click the little picture icon left of the <> icon here to post it as an image.

e0mwpe.png

@Ignite

Good start, but be more ambitious in both design, pose and and size. Maybe you can do some editing on Hardcore's.

@Death

Both skin tone are fine.

2rc28ud.png

I thought I added this in. Why didn't anyone tell me it wasn't?

EDIT:

As usual, I have no clue what I am doing.

24yn0xx.png

Edited by Moetal

@Hardcore

I like it. The pose is very dynamic. I don't particularly like how kung-fu/asian she looks like though because of the qipao/chinese gown. The basket can stay, but the qipao/chinese gown makes her look like a FIGHTING type instead of BUG.

EDIT: Also you might want to shrink it if you are using it as Paras. Her current size is more fitting for Parasect instead.

Edited by Moetal

@Moetal

This Crobat I have here is slightly different from the one you have:

s4m7iw.png

I like Magneton's new pose, but now her leg looks too big.

@Hardcore

I think Paras' pose is a bit too dynamic.  Also, the skirt doesn't really make it less kung-fu looking.  The belt part would also need to be changed.

I must have that crobat *-*

Im drawing golduck tonight! Finally have a day off.

Probably gonna draw the poli family too.

Does anyone have the current politoad??? I have the others in my fire red file.

Also i was thinking of a swim suit type design for poliwhirl but would you guys prefer something like this?
[Spoiler]286v6dh.jpg[/spoiler]

Edited by CrookedWings427

@Kickern

That Crobat has a cute lil' fang, definitely moe.

@CrookedWings

I like the design in the picture, but I also feel like that kind of dress has been done several times already. Swimsuits are always good for representing water types, but I suppose it depends on what you have in mind.

@Moetal

I agree that new pose for Magneton looks good. Not as sure about the stockings, 'cause you lost some of the red-blue positive-negative thing that was going on when you made them all black. Maybe thigh-high socks with red and blue accents at the tops? Something like this:

w8njag_th.png

It's like... zettai ryouiki without a skirt.

Edited by Ignitehawk

@CrookedWings

I have a couple different versions of the current Politoed.  The first is in the mod/ips, the second is an edit I did of a slightly different version:

168u15c.png

and

25hicti.png

I'm also fond of the idea of swimsuits for the Poli family, just as long as the designs fit the pokemon.

@Hardcore

214cs9h.jpg

The left arm looks a bit weird, and the lower body seem a bit large and her chest looks a bit weird. What is the mushroom? A hat? Enlarge that mushroom a bit if it is a hat.

xqf1mp.jpg

Aside from low quality, this one is cute.

n1z8gg.jpg2dl3jt0.jpg

I like these two.

The Poliwrath looks weird, and the rest I don't like.

For the Magneton, my original idea was to have her body fade a bit with the mono black/dark gray outfit so the head looks like a floating orb (like the original Magneton). Whatever works, I guess.

Edited by Moetal

@Hardcore

Parasect's body is nicer, but your first's hair is better. I like the design for Starmie, but she seems a bit small.

EDIT:

More horror. 17 palettes for now. Gonna work on that backsprite another time.

fe3uqd.png

Edited by Moetal