[IPS] Moemon Fire Red Revival Project (Updated 9-17-2019)

Long hair Mewtwo with a smile?

Ignore below, just self compliling.

[spoiler]25ey234.jpgtr2qq8F.png6z6ntc.pngnd4mdw.png713aix.png1zxy7nm.pngMKDF3SE.png2m3o9ow.pngokn47p.png2aerue.png8wjc6t.pngKeuT00Z.png2m3370w.png[/spoiler]

EDIT 2:

2cwubgp.png

Now that I think about it, Clefairy family looks like Jiggypuff family for some reason.

EDIT 3:

8zelc8.png

Old hair/one eye feels more fitting.

Edited by Moetal

Heyyy so ive been reading through most of the topics and im very excited for future updates. Id really be interested in helping! Ive never done sprites before but i believe ill catch on quick. Is there any advice in making an outline? Im pretty good at photoshopping but i drew my outlines first. Heres some examples.
[Spoiler]1429489729260.jpg[/spoiler]
[Spoiler]1429489728600.jpg[/spoiler]
Possibly nsfw
[Spoiler]1429489773110.jpg[/spoiler]
Also is McMagister still on the project? Their art is absolutely gorgeous and i would love to work with them.
Either way, I really cant wait till i can try and get the hang of spriting.
Any suggested programs?
Also this website may be of some use for reference pictures.
http://www.zerochan.net/Moemon

Edited by CrookedWings427

These are just some examples of reference pics from the website above.
This is my favorite for the dragon/flying type salamence.
[Spoiler]1899224.jpg[/spoiler]
A very cute and thought out Magneton.
[Spoiler]1899222.jpg[/spoiler]
Absol (however this is shiny)
[Spoiler]1897608.jpg[/spoiler]
Banette
[Spoiler]1887604.jpg[/spoiler]
Espeon (maybe a tad bit simple, but flare can be added)
[Spoiler]1875039.jpg[/spoiler]
Latias (i absolutely love this one, i think making latias and latios maids could be a great idea)
[Spoiler]1805523.jpg[/spoiler]
Mawile
[Spoiler]1807762.jpg[/spoiler]
Rayquaza (i think bits and pieces of this could be useful if not all. I really liked the boots)
[Spoiler]1807767.jpg[/spoiler]
Swablu (cute but a little basic, however that could work well with a 1st gen)
[Spoiler]1867701.jpg[/spoiler]

Let me know what you think? :) id like to take a crack at Salamence and latios/latias if moetal approves of the ref pics :)
Also ive only seen the current sprites of some of the first 151 from playing through fire red and ive seen some others through out the board.

@DeathRebel

I get where you're coming from with the paler skin more resembling magneton, however i think the tanner skin makes the other colors, especially the silver hair, stand out more.

EDIT:
I really like how the red and blue is alternated throughout her design. It truly gives it that magnet feel. But to me it looks like theres a little bit more red. Maybe you could make the eye blue? Or maybe the blush? Just a suggestion, it may make the blush look odd though. Opinions?

@Crooked

Magi is undead, again. He got mad because I kept editing his sprites.

Latios/Latias' "maid" design feels off. Salamence looks good, but I feel like you should make some other sprites look better first since the current Salamence is already really good. Personally, I use photoshop to have control over the layers and have a good undo history/save point, but I know GIMP and even basic Paint will do the job.

Start out by setting up your palette, then just drawing the outlines in black and fill in the spaces in flat colors. Then add shadings, start to lighten the black lines around the curves and what not. 

@Moetal
Sounds good :) only having played some of fire red i havent seen salamence yet. But the more i go through it i see some id like to work on.
Specifically golduck, scyther, porygon, and poliwrath. Of coarse there are others im forgetting xD
Thankfully i know my way around GIMP and i may even give it a shot tonight since i have off.

EDIT
any specific sites i could check for references?

That Latias maid is actually one of Latias's canon forms, although I don't actually want to see more maids.

Also, I know the original source of that salamence. here are a couple more from the same artist:
U1ecU5w.png
Weapons are pretty sweet.

Edit: OMG, I mistakingly use cannon as in the weapon. I am the biggest fool.

Edited by Septentrion

[quote name="Moetal" post="733361" timestamp="1395573298" date="23 March 2014 - 11:14 AM"]
@AngryBear
It is a linking error with sendspace I believe. The link address completely changes if you try to click the link. Just manually copy and paste the link into your browser.

Edit: Fixed.[/quote]

I'm new here um where exactly is the download link?