[IPS] Moemon Fire Red Revival Project (Updated 9-17-2019)

@Swirly

Need more changes than just recolor. You also need to re-outline it a bit. I think the body is slightly big for a Spearow, and she looks quite different from our current Fearow. Keep the designs of the entire family in mind; you don't want to jump too much and causes a desync.

2aerue.png

18 Palettes for now. I think I made the pipe cannon thingamajig worse. Blue overcoat, camo overcoat, or turtle shell overcoat?

Edited by Moetal

Turtle shell.

Edit: You have 2 shades of white on there, so that at least narrows it down to 17 colors.

My best idea for removing one more color to make it 16 is to replace the lighter blush color with either the mid skin tone or the darker blush color.

Edited by Kickern

hiya. long time stalker, first time poster. this seemed fun so i wanted to try my hand at it, though im a complete nubbin so please excuse my technical ignorance (pallets and formats and whatnot). 

decided to tweak magnteon. would like to know how to continue wid it

1250t3l.png -->  177ccc958a.png

@daikosa

Wow, I have no words except... Thank you for improving the shading marvelously, specially hair shading (no matter how much I tried, I simply couldn't make it look good), I loved the details on the shoes.

Honestly I'm more fond to longer hair but I can't complain to such amazing improvements you did in the design, maybe it's me but adding red/blue blush makes it look less like... well, blush, but I admit it's an interesting touch. I will let the others judge that.

Lastly, I modified a minor detail: You used a 17th color for the "magnemites" shading. Palettes can't have more than 16 colors, counting background, black and white.

9gwxsm.jpg

Edited by DeathRebel24

@Death

sorry about the color thing. I realized after i started using a new color and tried to hunt it down and get rid of it but I couldn't remember which color it was T_T I tried tho!

@Moetal

im gonna assume you mean with the previous color. although i think the lighter colored hair helps with readability. imma do both and do some side by sides

I felt Ditto's arms were weirdly shaded, so I attempted to fix it. I'm not sure how it turned out.

YZrPkkd.png

EDIT:

I also did a thing with Ditto's mouth, just in an attempt to make her 'cuter'. I'm not too sure about this.

oc8mIto.png

Edited by TheBurningBlue

The black pixel on the mouth looks out of place. And now that I think of it, the arm holding the ditto mask looks disproportionate to the other arm. I know the angle is different, but the mask arm looks longer none the less.

Edit:

I tried editing her, but whether or not you all like the edit is a different question.

Ditto_zps0dlqgbz6.png

Edit 2:

Spearow V2.

Spearow%20Big_zpsudnww1i1.png

How do you outline and/or shade? I certainly don't know.

Edited by Swirly

Hello people, I already beat Moemon FireRed (albeit Randomized), and I wanna do Emerald next so I can play at the Battle Facilities in post-game, that being said, does anyone have a Lunar IPS patch of the latest version for it?

I do! Check this same board looking for the "Other Moemon Emerald Patch" thread and it should have links right there. :D

I tried editing her, but whether or not you all like the edit is a different question.

Ditto_zps0dlqgbz6.png

I think that's better but you might have gone slightly too far with the arm. It now appears to be one of those Gumby arms that lack bones or joints. I think what it is somewhat is the way the inner elbow is drawn makes it look like her arm is "twisting" rather than "bending" like a tentacle.

well everybody and their brother is editing the ditto sprite now...

wwazqb.jpg

-I like your hair infinitely better

-it looked oddly cut off in back though so i tried to fix that

-not a fan of tube legs (though my legs re-sized also look a bit odd now...)

EDIT:

2rxgqih.jpg

Edit 2.5:

28vy5mx.jpg2rfgaq1.jpg

Edited by Nerak55