[Denied] Fifth Moveslot (4+1)

Are you tired of breeding 15 of the same Pokémon and EVing all of them in the same way just to have one moveslot that differs from its mirror part? Introducing the fifth moveslot!

*fancy Photoshopped image*

The fifth moveslot would be bought with Battle Points, the price shouldn't be much higher than a fully EV'd and leveled competitive Pokémon. Maybe 30-50% higher? We can discuss that in this thread.

The concept is really simple. No, I don't mean every Pokémon should be able to use five moves, you will still only be able to use four. The idea is to have an extra moveslot that can be switched out for another, bought with BP. I literally have three Salamences in my box, EV'd the same way and with the same nature with just one move different.  

For example I have a Flareon with the moveset: Shadow Ball, Return, Overheat, HP Grass. Now I buy an extra moveslot and teach it Quick Attack in that moveslot. This moveslot can only be used if it's switched with one of his first four moves. For example I swap out HP Grass with QA, for the next battle I can use QA but not HP Grass.

edit: This system doesn't have to stop at 5 moves, we can even go to six or seven. Making the prices of additional moveslots higher as you go:

I like this idea a lot, I think that really there shouldnt be a limit on the number you could buy on 1 poke as long as you can only use 4 in battle. I can think of 2 or 3 of mine that I wouldnt mind like 6 slots to interchange. 

Pros:

- A much cleaner box overview with not shitloads of the same Pokémon.

- Easier swapping of moves by just swapping one move in stead of the whole Pokémon.

- Prevents bullshit scouting (people that even note down the gender of a Pokémon for example, you notice the Flareon has the same nickname but not the same gender it has a different moveset)

- Can stop the endless EV grind of your 5 different Claydol.

Cons:

- EV Services won't make as much money.

- Less UTs sold

Although I have to say these cons aren't big cons. Because this system can only switch out one move, not a different nature or EV Spread, which is also needed a lot. This system would just make it easier to use Pokémon with the exact spread and nature that just need one move changed for a battle. (You notice your opponent likes to use reversal sweepers so you swap HP Grass for QA on Flareon).

There will still be made duplicate Pokémon because there are still a lot of natures or EV spreads that you can use on the same Poke.

Give it to me.

Edited by ThinkNice

I like this idea a lot, I think that really there shouldnt be a limit on the number you could buy on 1 poke as long as you can only use 4 in battle. I can think of 2 or 3 of mine that I wouldnt mind like 6 slots to interchange. 

Yeah, maybe make the sixth just a bit more expensive and then the seventh etc.

I'll edit the OP

Yeah, maybe make the sixth just a bit more expensive and then the seventh etc.

I'll edit the OP

You could just accomplish this by adding the moveslot into the displayed moves and move them with the same arrows that you manipulate the other moves with. That way if you want to switch out, you just have to click the usual arrows until your chosen move is in the first four and the one you choose to take out is in the fifth.

-image removed-

Edited by XelaKebert
There is no need for a placeholder image

I think this idea is great and it doesn't need too much coding ( only if they do it with arrow thingy ). And this idea can be taken further. 

Example ( this is gonna need much more coding btw) ;

You put a flip button on the right bottom corner to the summary page ( something like trainer card already has ).

When you click, it changes the moves and Evs the same pokemon.

---

But how we gonna put different Evs to the same pokemon ?

I actually have so many answers for this question but my english is not very good so im just gonna leave it here and rest :).

If the mods gonna consider about this then i will answer them if needed.

I talked too much... Its a great idea... I totally support it.

Don't remember if there was one in FireRed, but why not just implement a move relearner? Might not be as convenient as swapping 5th move in/out but still serves same purpose.

Because in a tournament I just want to sit on my ass and not swap out a Poké for a Flyer then Fly over then relearn the move then go back to the PC swap in my team again and be ready for battle.

Another major thing: Egg, Tutor -and Egg moves.

Because in a tournament I just want to sit on my ass and not swap out a Poké for a Flyer then Fly over then relearn the move then go back to the PC swap in my team again and be ready for battle.

OMG YOU'RE SO LAZY wOOOOooOOOOW like geeze thinknice i bet you expect ppl to like hand you food and stuff too. do you even cook?? do you even know how to cook??? i wish there was a (4+1 skills) so you can swap out thinking nicely with cooking

[spoiler]just messing around, it's not as fun to make fun of you as it is to tag team and make fun of niceguy :^)[/spoiler]

Then have it that if pokemon had, at some point, known the egg move or tutor move in the past it can relearn them.

Alternatively, they could combine the two ideas and make a sellable item bought by pokedosh or BP that is essentially a move tutor (that also allows relearning previous tutor/egg moves) in portable form.

OMG YOU'RE SO LAZY wOOOOooOOOOW like geeze thinknice i bet you expect ppl to like hand you food and stuff too. do you even cook?? do you even know how to cook??? i wish there was a (4+1 skills) so you can swap out thinking nicely with cooking

[spoiler]just messing around, it's not as fun to make fun of you as it is to tag team and make fun of niceguy :^)[/spoiler]

Then have it that if pokemon had, at some point, known the egg move or tutor move in the past it can relearn them.

Alternatively, they could combine the two ideas and make a sellable item bought by pokedosh or BP that is essentially a move tutor (that also allows relearning previous tutor/egg moves) in portable form.

Deej pls go cook your spinach or something :^)

LF NlCEGUY

No but, I'm lazy fuck that.

• 4 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

U can swap moves by shroom/scale teacher, but instead making additional move slot it would be better to allow pokemon re-learn ONCE known moves ( with eggmoves of course) and pre-evo moves via shroom/scale tutor. It would allow to re-teach pokemons like espeon and jolt batton pass after ban is suspended and pokemon like Slowking learn slack off and Breloom spore ( thats only 2 examples of many possible).

• 3 weeks later...

You want more moveslots?

Might as well not have a moveslot cap, and just allow a Pokemon to use every move it can ever learn.

Imagine the choices of deciding which one of the 50 moves you want to use.

Yes, I'm using this, sorry.

Yes, having more slots is convenient, however the main issue I see is HMs or Breeding/Tutor moves.

Limiting how many can be used per battle is nice, but the coding for something like that would take a long while.

As for HMs, the simpler idea is to replace the moves with items which do the same thing, as to not take up those "vital" move spots.

Edited by Inarin

You want more moveslots?

Might as well not have a moveslot cap, and just allow a Pokemon to use every move it can ever learn.

Imagine the choices of deciding which one of the 50 moves you want to use.

Yes, I'm using this, sorry.

Yes, having more slots is convenient, however the main issue I see is HMs or Breeding/Tutor moves.

Limiting how many can be used per battle is nice, but the coding for something like that would take a long while.

As for HMs, the simpler idea is to replace the moves with items which do the same thing, as to not take up those "vital" move spots.

Pokes could re-lear once known moves and why you does not consider this as solution?

For example:

1. Ure having eevee that does know wish/fake tears/yawn/curse and in place of curse u learn batton pass and in place of wish u learn quick attack via leveling, now ure having quick attack/fake tears/yawn/batton pass. We hold forgotten moves: wish & curse in "memory
  2. Ure evolving that eevee into jolteon which know know quick attack/fake tears/yawn/batton pass and which holds wish & curse in memory storage
  3. Via leveling u allow to learn agility in place of  quick attack, now u got agility/fake tears/yawn/batton pass quick attack is added to memory storage
  4. Via TM u allow to learn thunder bolt in place of yawn, now u got agility/fake tears/t bolt/batton pass, yawn is added to memory storage
  5. Via TM u allow to learn hidden power in place of batton pass, now u got agility/fake tears/t bolt/hidden power, batton pass is added to memory storage
  6. After few tournament u consider swaping fake tears for yawn, u do it and now u got agility/yawn/t bolt/hidden power yawn is added to memory storage

After this 6 point's we got jolteon with agility/yawn/t bolt/hidden power and moves in his memory storage: curse/wish/quick attack/batton pass/fake tears

etc.