Baby Pokemon Art Contest (5th October-31st October)

Noad

Hi Folks,

I decided to quickly put together an entry. I like the theme of the contest and although I don't have a huge amount of time to focus on an entry I wanted to communicate my vision regardless.

My entry is a baby Mawile, which are named Regalo (the Italian word for "gift" afaik), which I think is appropriate as baby Mawiles are gifts to the world. Each one is born from its egg and subjected to abandonment by their parents. It sounds cruel but it is necessary and not exactly by choice. The babies are adorable and fragile when born and so are accompanied by a protector (the toothed head we are all familiar with). A baby Mawile must bond with the toothed head and eventually perfect the ability to control it. Until then the baby deals with the overbearing "protector" who bites and wards off anyone who goes near it. Regalos, unfortunately, spend their time cut off from contact of humans and other Pokemon. Evolution can occur as soon as a proper bond is created, however some Regalos don't have the strength to reach this point and live out their lives as a prisoner. 

My entry is dedicated to Kellypoo. I am sorry she isn't cute enough.

IGN: Munya 

[spoiler] Proof: http://i.imgur.com/11GpIlN.png [/spoiler] 

wL8pcN0.png

IGN: itzJOSH

MY ENTRY

[spoiler]

Pokemon - Girig

Lonesome Pokemon

Evolves into Girafarig through Happiness

Normal Type

POKEDEX ENTRY

Girigs are known to be very lonely pokemon. They are usually rejected by other pokemon and therefore spend their time alone.

It likes to cover its tail with a sock puppet in hopes that one day they will have a friend. They often talk to their tail as if it is alive.

bZ1E7.jpg

Ok so for my entry I really wanted to stay far away from the theme of baby pokemon being a smaller version of its evolved form so I decided to make an original design and theme.

Since it is a baby pokemon i thought it should have a cute theme. I tried to make this pokemon based on friendship. When it is a baby it is lonely but when it evolves it gains a friend :D.

I picked Girafarig becuase:

1. It is a very underrated pokemon

2. It deserves some type of evolution

3. Its design is really interesting and its theme is cool

Hope you guys like it and Good luck to all!

[/spoiler]

Proof

[spoiler]  xLZGb.jpg

[/spoiler]