[Denied] Implement "Unsafe Areas" that yield higher EXP/EVs

Ok, Sorry if this idea has already been posted.

In most of MMO games, you have:

-Safe Areas: That you can train your skills, lvls, etc.

-Unsafe Areas: That you can train More faster your skills, lvls, etc than the safe areas, But, it's possible that you can be attacked by other players.

it`s would be a good idea if this system can be applied in this game:

-Safe Areas: You can Catch Normal pokemon, train your EV or whatever.

-Unsafe Areas: You can Catch Rare Pokemon, train your lvl or EV morefaster. But you can be attacked by other trainer, Force a Pokemon Battle without confirming, and if you loose, you loose some Money and return to the pokemon center of a nearby place. (It's the risk you accept when you enter to a unsafe area).

Open world PvP in a turn-based strategy game seems like an awful idea.

That's true. And it may take forever to code, etc. Maybe leave it with Runescape or whatever has it, I'm not really MMORPG kinda guy, except this one.

That's true. And it may take forever to code, etc. Maybe leave it with Runescape or whatever has it, I'm not really MMORPG kinda guy, except this one.

It wouldn't take forever, but it does not compliment the gameplay style of pokemans. In an action-based MMO like L2/Aion/WoW I'd have no problem with it, but with the turn-based genre it's just a bit ridiculous.

Enjoy the player base decreasing as anyone starts farming the earliest none-safe zone - not to mention dat Max Revive spam :3c

I'll never get why everyone wants those people to drop their stuff btw. As long as we don't have item boxes + a way to store our money away, dropping shit from your inventory was a horrible idea.

I don't see any possible outcome from this that would be beneficial to the players, instead this sounds like a tool for griefing. No matter how good the unsafe areas may be to train in, there will be someone running around with 6x EV trained lvl 100s that just kills everyone else not for their items of money, but to deny them usage of the area.

I don't see any possible outcome from this that would be beneficial to the players, instead this sounds like a tool for griefing. No matter how good the unsafe areas may be to train in, there will be someone running around with 6x EV trained lvl 100s that just kills everyone else not for their items of money, but to deny them usage of the area.

id have to agree with that also. since teams can easily deny other people access to the area

id have to agree with that also. since teams can easily deny other people access to the area

This is actually a good thing. It allows competition on a large scale, where people have to work together to achieve results. Sort of like EVE Online.

I like this idea alot actually. At first I thought it wouldnt be that great and then I started thinking how easily it could be implemented.

Simply make the opposite of auto decline so when youre in this area youre force to auto accept then from there just make it a small area with some pretty awesome high level pokemon.

It would add alot more to do once you max your team to all level 100s. It would also add a nice twist to the game.

Now I know this will never happen but its a cool idea none the less.

I'd quite like to visit every area of the game without being attacked by 50 million people.

And if you're going to bring "The wilderness" into this, that was always annoying when you had something to do there.

I don't like the idea, Pokemon battles have ALWAYS been an acceptance between two trainers (Aside NPC's, but that's to actually give the game a story.)

I like the idea. Its always optional to enter such a place, and it doesn't need to be an awesome looking area so you don't feel the need that you MUST explore it to complete the game.

Just some huge grass area where wild pokemon tend to have decent IV or a shiny probability little boost.

EDIT: If it's possible, the area bonus is greater the more people is in the place. If there's only a few guys in there, then nothing special happens.

All arguments against this basically boil down to "meh, just give me everything without me needing to put in any effort."

Not at all, its because this is a terrible idea to implement in a turn based game and you don't quite understand how bad it would be.

Take this wilderness example:

Lets say that the "wilderness" had 2-3 entrances which one person could camp one entire entrance by himself, and then add the fact that there is one fucking server (no way to get past them) and then all you need is a minimum of 15 people to completely camp all entrances on all channels. How the fuck is that "fun" for anyone but the griefers?

Not at all, its because this is a terrible idea to implement in a turn based game and you don't quite understand how bad it would be.

Take this wilderness example:

Lets say that the "wilderness" had 2-3 entrances which one person could camp one entire entrance by himself, and then add the fact that there is one fucking server (no way to get past them) and then all you need is a minimum of 15 people to completely camp all entrances on all channels. How the fuck is that "fun" for anyone but the griefers?

You can only battle on a 1:1 ratio, so if you want to stop 10 people you need 10 people yourself. If you wanna get into those areas all you need to do is have more people. If you want to grief, all you need to do is have more people. It's simple. The largest guild wins. Makes it a cooperative game rather than a solo-game-with-a-chatbox. this is an MMO you know. You know what MASSIVE MULTIPLAYER means? it means lots of people. Go play solo if you want to have everything to yourself. or, you know, join a good guild.

You say the camping is bad. It isnt. If you and your guild are not strong enough to break through a bit of griefing, that never lasts all that long in the first place, then you dont really deserve to go to those places in the first place.

Ok, Sorry if this idea has already been posted.

In most of MMO games, you have:

-Safe Areas: That you can train your skills, lvls, etc.

-Unsafe Areas: That you can train More faster your skills, lvls, etc than the safe areas, But, it's possible that you can be attacked by other players.

it`s would be a good idea if this system can be applied in this game:

-Safe Areas: You can Catch Normal pokemon, train your EV or whatever.

-Unsafe Areas: You can Catch Rare Pokemon, train your lvl or EV morefaster. But you can be attacked by other trainer, Force a Pokemon Battle without confirming, and if you loose, you loose some Money and return to the pokemon center of a nearby place. (It's the risk you accept when you enter to a unsafe area).

edit: oh this has been mentioned, damn, i thought i was the first :P

i can tell you exactly what will happen:

lvl 100 players camp the "unsafe area" entrance and spam the duel button whenever a trainer enters. the trainer gets killed for sure because he is there to ev-train/catch wild poke's (prob carries some lower pokes with him to weaken it)

edit: oh this has been mentioned, damn, i thought i was the first :P

i can tell you exactly what will happen:

lvl 100 players camp the "unsafe area" entrance and spam the duel button whenever a trainer enters. the trainer gets killed for sure because he is there to ev-train/catch wild poke's (prob carries some lower pokes with him to weaken it)

Their can be a system where the challenger needs to have pokemon within 10 lvs of victim. I think that is the only plausible way it could work out...

Or if it automatically does a 1v1 battle with the highest level pokemon in your party but that would be little silly.

The only problem I see with this is that in other MMOs where this exists there is something of value that is limited, Ore, Item, something like that. With everyone having separate encounters in Pokemon I dont see any real motivation to fight each other for the territory other than for griefing. everyone will just pick a strip of grass and start their grind. I dont like it.

If something like this was implemented I would almost prefer there to be a incentive to fight opponents in that respective area. Item drops, color pallets for char, achievs, idk.