choice scarf

Is there a likely hood of getting choice scarf in the near future? I think we could benefit from this and make the metagame more balanced.

Just curious if it's a good idea or bad and the chances on getting it.

Let me know what you guys and girls think.

Eventually (TM), it's kind of assumed 4th gen moves/items will be added.

"Near future", well, kek, I don't think you and staff have the same definition of that phrase.

[spoiler]also I think adding only Choice Scarf without the other 4th gen items and moves would be pretty poopy, but with the other stuff it's hype[/spoiler]

Well I got to thinking that with choice scarf. You can use it to revenge kill dd dnite etc with flygon. A lot of pokes that are feared now will be almost put in place because of them and that item.

I could be wrong but I figured that if we have the choice band, why not bring the scarf.

Can just add it in there with tt items

Choice Scarf would benefit indeed, in the absence of a good priority move. It would also stop cold the feared salac reversal/flail sets. However, just adding it out of the blue would make no sense, I would wait for the gen 4 pokes and other items/moves to be added as well.

I think maybe with miltolic the abilities and the items and it would make things great.
  • 1 month later...

Can we get this yet, any staff out there that can confirm if this will ever come?

As far as I know, there are no intentions of putting choice scarf in the game as of yet.

It's a gen IV item, so my best guess once we reach gen IV, it will be obtainable alongside other features of that gen.

As far as I know, there are no intentions of putting choice scarf in the game as of yet.
It's a gen IV item, so my best guess once we reach gen IV, it will be obtainable alongside other features of that gen.

So the split from gen 4 can be added but not an item? Fantastic, thank you for the answer time to leave this game then.

So the split from gen 4 can be added but not an item? Fantastic, thank you for the answer time to leave this game then.

Well think about the difference between the split and the item. The split couldn't have been that hard to code - there were already physical moves and special moves, it was just a matter of going through and changing some over.

The item, however, isn't even in gen 3 so it would have to be completely coded in. And why do that before they give us other things that need to be coded in from gen 4, like moves and abilities? Doesn't it make more sense to do it all at once? I want new gen 4 stuff as much as you do, but be realistic

Well think about the difference between the split and the item. The split couldn't have been that hard to code - there were already physical moves and special moves, it was just a matter of going through and changing some over.

The item, however, isn't even in gen 3 so it would have to be completely coded in. And why do that before they give us other things that need to be coded in from gen 4, like moves and abilities? Doesn't it make more sense to do it all at once? I want new gen 4 stuff as much as you do, but be realistic

I'm not saying do this separately. But a little communication in that time table in how long it will be till we get gen 4 moves and abilities and the items would make a lot of people happy. If it takes them as long as it did to get hoenn here then I don't see this lasting long. To many things are broken with the split and the checks from abilities moves and items are needed imo.

adding the item like they added choice band shouldn't be that hard. If they can add an ability pill or braces that I don't think are in other games I could be wrong. This one item shouldn't take much effort.

I'm not saying do this separately. But a little communication in that time table in how long it will be till we get gen 4 moves and abilities and the items would make a lot of people happy. If it takes them as long as it did to get hoenn here then I don't see this lasting long. To many things are broken with the split and the checks from abilities moves and items are needed imo.

adding the item like they added choice band shouldn't be that hard. If they can add an ability pill or braces that I don't think are in other games I could be wrong. This one item shouldn't take much effort.

I really don't know enough about coding to speculate about the difficulty of coding in choice scarf. But if it's more communication you want from staff, I would agree with you there. The devs have been quiet lately, though honestly this may be a good thing. Maybe theyre too busy working on the game to post on the forums

We already have graphics and follow sprites from the heart gold and soul silver rom. Soo they are able to pull from that rom and add it into this game. Whether items and abilities are harder to implent or not is another story.

Also excel im sure they are working on other things too. Trading is a mess and the grind for breeding is too much for many to handle. Those are things that need attending to too. The meta isnt that bad right now, we have a lot more options than we use to back b4 hoenn.

I would like to hear from the developers to see if this is in process or not. And why do I feel like I will never get answer.....because they rip again....we're on our own.

I just answered you a day ago. Was my answer not sufficient?

Also I realised that this whole topic is in the wrong subforum as it's actually a sugestion.

So I'll be locking this thread instead and point you in the direction of Sugestion Box.

@Senile and Oldkeith: Your posts were hidden because they were 1: Off topic and 2: Discussing roms.