The PokeMMO Team-building Challenge (14th - 17th April)

IGN BlueBreath
[spoiler]
Ninetales (Naruto)
Nature Bold
Ability Flash Fire
EV Spread: 252hp 172def 80spdef 4speed
Held Item: Leftovers
- Sunny Day
- Pain Split
- Will-o-wisp
- Roar

With only one guts user and no clerics, Will-o-wisp is just asking to be abused to destroy physical attackers. This Ninetales is taunt bait which gives it some handy supporting options, such as setting up the sun to give Shiftry a sweep. The spdef evs are there so that once it takes a hit from a uninvested Tentacruel surf then it can decrease Surfs damage with Sunny Day then retaliate with Pain Split to put you into an advantage (crippled opposing Tentacruel whilst sun is up). Roar is for when a pesky Swampert or Hariyama starts setting up and you predict a further setup, it is also a good move to scout the opposing team.

Shiftry (Shifty Stuff)
Nature Lonely
Ability Chlorophyll
EV Spread: 252hp 96spdef 84atk 68spatk 8speed
Held Item: Silk Scarf
- Explosion
- Solarbeam
- Hidden Power Fire
- Synthesis

Some attack invest with Silk Scarf grants a 1hko on Weezing (252atk with a attack nature fails to 1hko Weezing), while the spatk invest is to nail max spdef Swampert. Hidden Power Fire gains a boost from the sun, while supplying coverage. Meanwhile Synthesis is granted extra recovery from the sun. The problem with this set is that it is dependant on the sun being out, however if there is sun it will be dealing good damage across the tier, even without the sun it can go out with a boom. The speed invest is due to the nature of Hidden Power Fire reducing the speed iv, so the EV's grant it the ability to outspeed max speed Crobat in the sun.

Hitmonlee (LeeTruck)
Nature Jolly
Ability Limber
EV Spread: 252atk 252speed 4hp
Held Item: Choice Band
- Superpower
- Pursuit
- Rock slide
- Double-edge

This can come in and deal some heavy damage, STAB fighting Superpower is no joke and is only resisted by Tentacruel, Crobat, Pelipper and Weezing. A simple solution to these is rock slide which will dent them all (with the exception of Weezing) fairly well, if not KOing them. Pursuit is for additional damage for something trying to make a switch, making it easier to sweep later on in the game. Double-edge is there just for some coverage options on the switch (e.g. will he go Swampert or Tentacruel? I better use Double-edge to allocate some damage).

Lunatone (LF SUNNY DAY)
Nature Bold
Ability Levitate
EV Spread: 252hp 252def 4spdef
- Moonlight
- Psychic
- Light Screen
- Toxic

Just a simple staller, Light Screen to increase the special bulk while supporting the team. Psychic STAB to deal with the poison types which are immune to toxic. Moonlight to heal.

Corsola (Croatia)
Nature Calm
Ability Natural Cure
EV Spread: 252hp 252spdef 4def
- Mirror coat
- Reflect
- Rest
- Psychic

This set can come into status from opposing Pokemon, with the lack of clerics Corsola will be saving your team in the long run. The use of Rest over Recover is due to Natural Cure as well (an additional reason being no Spikes), however I would favour Recover if I was not running Mirror Coat (provides easy damage to special attackers which fail to KO it) so Corsola can get a Rest off then switch and come in later again at full health. Psychic is there to hurt the poison creep.

Crobat (Batman)
Nature Timid
Ability Inner Focus
EV Spread: 252hp 196def 80speed
- Sunny Day
- Super fang
- Sludge bomb
- Giga Drain

Sunny Day is to support Shiftry with his sweep. Super fang does damage to anything, though it doesn't apply much damage in consecetive use (unless switches) the intital damage is insane. The use of Sludge Bomb and Giga Drain give some good coverage and supportive charactristics (Poison and healing). The Defense invest is to have a chance against the fighting types, even with a 4X resist to fighting Crobat is still somewhat frail and does not have any flying moves on this set to deal with them, a CB super effective move will also deal loads of damage. 80 speed invest is to outspeed max speed Manectric.[/spoiler]

Edited by xXBlu3BreathXx

My 3rd entry

[spoiler]

<Ninetails>

Timid Nature

Ability Flash Fire

EV Spread: 36 HP / 252 S Atk / 220 Speed

- Will-O-Wisp

- Extrasensory

- Flamethrower

- Grudge

Extrasensory is for making some damage on Poison types, Be careful when use wow, Hariyama is waiting out there. Grudge in case things get ugly.

The given EV spread allows Ninetales to outspeed base 95 Speed Pokemon.

<Weezing>

Bold Nature

Ability Levitate

EV Spread: 252 HP / 252 S Def / 4 Speed

- Pain Split

- Sludge Bomb

- Thunderbolt

- Haze

Weezing is imperative in this mini tier, haze in case cursepert,SD Shiftry or Bulkyama, Tbolt and SB both for a better coverage.

<Hariyama>

Careful Nature

Ability Guts

EV Spread: 252 Atk / 252 Sp Def / 4 Speed

- Bulk Up

- Superpower

- Earthquake

- Thunder Punch

Guts is for 2 WOW very likely users. Can take manectric tbolt with no problems.

<Lunatone>

Calm Nature

Ability Levitate

EV Spread: 252 HP / 252 S Def / 4 Speed

- Moonlight

- Reflect

- Light Screen

- Psychic

Full support, I've done the maths it can take up to 3 surfs STAB from Tentacruel (Timid) (without Light Screen on), Reflect protects Lunatone from CB Pursuit Crobat and switch with no problems

<Shiftry>

Jolly Nature

Ability Chlorophyll

EV Spread: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Speed

- Swords Dance

- Leaf Blade

- Explosion

- Sustitute

Shiftry could be my lead, It covers most of "list 3" except for Weez and Crobat, this guy just want to explode at weezing's silly face.

<Crobat>

Jolly Nature 

Ability Inner Focus

EV Spread: 4/ HP 252 Atk / 252 Speed

Held Item: Liechi Berry

- Sustitute

- Aerial Ace

- Flail

- Bite

Play this on the late game and sweep, Weezing & Bold lunatone can handle it I know, but you must have scouted the entire rival team first.

[/spoiler]

Edited by karimologia

IGN : Gilvy

[spoiler]

A list with really aggressives Pokemon. No need to explain why most of these pokemons are threathening.

Let's try to counter all these sweepers and sweep them back :D

ninetales.png

Ninetales

Nature : Modest

Ability : Flash Fire

EV Spread : 6Hp, 252Sp.Atk, 252Spe

@Leftovers

- Will-O-Wisp

- Flamethrower

- Calm Mind

- Hidden Power Grass

Comments : I tried to run a 252Hp,252Def Bold set but it was not really a good idea after all, so here's a common set. I've chosen Modest Nature instead of Timid cause even in Timid, Ninetales is outspeed by Sharpedo and Manectric. It also speedtie with Jolly 252 Hitmonlee so let's forget that and let's play beast mode.
252+ SpA Ninetales Hidden Power Grass vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Sharpedo: 128-152 (87.6 - 104.1%) -- 25% chance to OHKO
252+ SpA Ninetales Hidden Power Grass vs. 252 HP / 216+ SpD Swampert: 104-124 (50.2 - 59.9%) -- 78.9% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery (Curse Swamp)
252+ SpA Ninetales Hidden Power Grass vs. 252 HP / 6 SpD Swampert: 140-168 (67.6 - 81.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Ninetales Hidden Power Grass vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Azumarill: 78-92 (37.6 - 44.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO (such tank)

Really helpfull when the opponent's HP is low. A great Revenge Killer here.

crobat.png

Crobat

Nature : Bold

Ability : Inner Focus

EV Spread : 252Hp, 252Def, 6Sp.Atk

@Leftovers

- Toxik

- Giga Drain

- Sludge Bomb

- Super Fang

Comments : A great wall. Underestimated though. It can take damages really easily and can also attack back.

+2 0 Atk Swampert Waterfall vs. 232 HP / 252+ Def Crobat: 82-97 (43.3 - 51.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery (Swamp with 2 curse)
0 SpA Crobat Giga Drain vs. 252 HP / 216+ SpD Swampert: 76-92 (36.7 - 44.4%) -- 99.8% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Choice Band Sharpedo Waterfall vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Crobat: 81-96 (42.1 - 50%) -- 0.4% chance to 2HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Huge Power Azumarill Waterfall vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Crobat: 105-124 (54.6 - 64.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

sharpedo.png
Sharpedo
Nature : Jolly
Ability : Rough Skin
Ev Spread : 6Hp, 252Atk, 252Spe
@Choice Band
- Waterfall
- Crunch
- Double Edge
- Earthquake

Classic, simple, and efficient. What else ? (Nespresso)

manectric.png
Manectric
Nature : Timid
Ability : Lightninrod
@Petaya Berry
Ev Spread : 6Hp, 252Sp.Atk, 252Spe
- Thunderbolt
- Flamethrower
- Hidden power Grass
- Substitute

Classic again, substitute is here to activate the petaya if needed. Rest is purely special sweeping

weezing.png
Weezing
Ability : Levitate
Ev Spread : 252Hp, 252Def, 6Sp.Atk
@Leftovers
- Thunderbolt
- Flamethrower
- Pain Split
- Will-O-Wisp

Classic (what a classic team you have though ... Damn man, do you really think you're gonna win with all those 'classic' in your post ? No way !
Since there are a lot of physical sweepers, Weezing is unavoidable.

azumarill.png
Azumarill
Nature : Adamant
Ability : Huge Power
Ev spread : 6Hp, 252Atk, 252Def
@Choice Band
- Waterfall
- Superpower
- Ice Punch
- Body Slam

Great bander. 252Def instead of 252Hp because like i've already said, there are too much physical attackers. Body Slam instead of Double Edge hoping to paralyse any opponent.

[/spoiler]

This team definitely goes for the wi... no forget it

IGN: Undrdatree
Thanks for reading!

[spoiler]

Speed tier:[spoiler]
Shiftry +/- speed (in sunlight) 200
Crobat + speed 200
Manectric 172 +speed
Tentacruel 167 +speed
Sharpedo 161 +speed
Hitmonlee 152 +speed
Lunatone 90 +/- speed
My Sandslash 88 +/- speed
[/spoiler]

Team Concept: The idea is to set up a Shiftry sweep. Early game will be focused on trying to get some free toxics. Mid-game will be counter-attack focused. Manectric will be fairly easy to deal with. Sandslash and Swampert are immune to electric attacks and Swampert is also resistant to fire. I expect status effect to be plentiful, so I put lum berries on pokemon who don’t have choice band with the exception of Weezing who is only vulnerable to will-o-wisp.

Ninetails - Shiftry Setup
Nature: Timid
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: HP 252, 6 Sdef, Speed 252
Item: Lum
-Sunny Day
- Pain Split
- Will-o-wisp
- Solarbeam

Comments: I’ve been running this set pretty often now-a-days. It’s a special wall that can set up Shiftry and wear down other threats such as Manectric. Solarbeam to take advantage of all those grass weaknesses.

Shiftry - Sunny Day sweeper
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Chlorophyll
Evs: HP 252, Attack 252, Speed 6
Item: Choice Band
- Leaf Blade
- Fake Out
- Explosion
- Synth

Comments: 2hko’s everything but Hariyama, weezing and max defense Crobat. Out-speeds everything in sunlight (Fastest pokemon in the tier is Crobat at 200). Fake out for endure reversal Hitmonlees
Calcs: [spoiler]Assume all are max defense
2hko Tentacruel (Leaf Blade)
2hko Sandslash (Leaf Blade 80%<)
10% 2hko Pelipper (Leaf Blade)
All others are 1hko.
[/spoiler]

Weezing – Mixed Wall Payback
Nature: Bold
Ability: Levitate
EVs: HP 252, SDef 252, Satk 6
Item: Leftovers
-Thunderbolt
-Flamethrower
-Toxic
-Pain Split

Comments: Thanks to resistance to fighting and grass types Weezing doesn’t need any defensive investment. Investing in special defense allows for Weezing to handle 2 hits from Manectric, while being able to 2hko manectric with flamethrower in the sun.

Swampert – Manectric stopper
Nature: Careful
Ability: Damp
EVs: Sdef 252, Def 252
-Earthquake
-Toxic
-Yawn
-Rock slide

Comments: Can 1hko Manectric with Earthquake. 3hko defensive Crobat with Rock Slide. Toxic and Yawn to set up the sweep. Damp to switch in on an exploding Weezing, Shiftry, Corsola and Lunatone.

Sandslash - Defensive Shiftry Setup
Nature: Impish
Ability: Sand Veil
EVs: HP 252, Defense 228, Speed 28
- Sunny Day
-Toxic
- Knock Off
- Earthquake

Comments: Outspeeds all the slow pokemon. Can 1hko Manectric while taking a Hidden Power ice or grass. Can setup Shiftry.

Azumarill - Huge and hard to kill
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: HP: 252, Attack 252, Def 6
Item: Choice Band
- Ice Punch
- Waterfall
- Knock Off
- Toxic

Comments: Ice Punch for flying and ground pokemon. Knock Off for Tentacruel and plays.  Waterfall for everything else. Toxic in the early game.
[/spoiler]

Edited by Undrdatree

Ninetales @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
Level: 50
EVs: 100 HP / 156 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Disable
- Fire Blast
- Solarbeam

Swampert @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
Nature: Quiet/Modest
EVs: 252 HP/252 SpAtk/4 Atk
Moveset:

-Muddy Water/Surf
-Blizzard/Ice Beam
-Earthquake/HP Electric
-Wide Guard/Protect

Manectric (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Lightningrod
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Signal Beam
- Overheat
- Hidden Power [Ground]

Shiftry (M) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 28 HP / 252 Atk / 228 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Sucker Punch
- Seed Bomb
- Fake Out
- Swords Dance

Sandshrew (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Veil
EVs: 200 HP / 56 Atk / 252 SDef
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Substitute
- Rock Slide

Hariyama (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 HP / 152 Atk / 104 Def
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Bulk Up
- Force Palm
- Ice Punch
- Earthquake

Ty :D

IGN-Mohawk
Edited by Retricus

Yesterday's list was very interesting and the judges were excited to see what everyone came up with, I have to say that you all certainly did not let us down. This was one of the hardest days to judge because all of the entries were of such high calibre. It is very impressive to see that so many people are taking the time and effort to take part in this every day, it's a shame that there can only be 4 winners as I honestly feel a lot of you are deserving of a prize. As usual, I will go through the winner, runner up and some honourable mentions from yesterday and then I will announce the final list for this competition. Good luck to all taking part today!

List three winner- Kizhaz

Judges were very impressed with this entry, Kizhaz has created a strong team with some nice twists. Kizhaz used a really interesting set on the mandatory Pokemon, Ninetales- we were surprised at the Disable set but felt it was a great strategy to deal with choice banded threats such as Hariyama, Hitmonlee, Sharpedo and Azumarill that are a big threat to this mini meta. It was nice to see a Thick Fat Hariyama and the explanation provided for this team choice shows how much consideration went into this team as Kizhaz weighed up the pros and cons of which fighting move to use. Kizhaz identified the weaknesses in the list that was provided which was evident when choosing to run Will-o-wisp on Weezing, knowing that there is no cleric available to heal any physical attackers that Weezing would inflict burns on. It was clever to opt for a Destiny Bond set over a banded set on Sharpedo because it can be used to eliminate threats and create holes in unsuspecting teams. My personal favourite aspect of this team was the fact Mirror Coat is being used on Swampert, giving a nasty shock to any HP Grass users trying to take it down. Overall it was the attention to detail that pushed this entry into the top spot, even catering the EV spread to ensure maximum leftovers recovery. Great job, Kizhaz!

Runner up- BurntZebra

​BurntZebra's entries have been consistently great throughout this competition and every time the judges have put him in their list of top entries. Judges are impressed at the fact that Zebra makes brave choices for team editions and this time was no different as we see Spinda on his list. Spinda is made to work really well in this team, using Encore to stop any Pokemon for setting up. It shows that you do not always have to have the most over powered Pokemon on your team for it to work. The Weezing set made a nice difference to what you usually see being used, it is definitely something that you would not expect and could be quite a threat to other teams- I would genuinely like to see this in action at an actual official. Like Kizhaz, Zebra also went for a Destiny Bond Sharpedo instead of the banded, again using to eliminate threats to his team. Overall this team has so many quirks that work really well together and the judges loved that Zebra really demonstrated his ability to think outside the box. This is personally one of my favourite teams so far in this contest. 

Honourable Mentions

DoubleJ- Judges loved the inclusion of Corsola, a really brave choice that seemed to really work well with the rest of the team with its primary role being to suicide taking down a threat with it. 

Lilyek- Lilyek has provided consistent entries throughout but this one was arguably his best. Judges particularly liked the staller set on Ninetales and the fact that Lilyek chose to run Lunatone, both great choices. 

Gilvy- A really well thought out and strategic team with the calculations to back up any decisions made. Wall Crobat was definitely very interesting to read up on and it was done really well so props for that. 

FZUPZjb.png

Mandatory Pokemon 

You must include this Pokemon in your team

340.gif

Team Choices

You will pick 5 of the following Pokemon to make up the rest of your team

aTqatYT.png

Will also add to the OP.

IGN : Gilvy

[spoiler]

The main threats of this list are Blaziken, Kangashkan, Medicham and Zangoose.

Breloom can be really annoying with Spore and the SubSeed combo (not to forget Focus Punch also).

Armaldo is too slow for me to care of him.

I've chosen my team to counter these threats :

arcanine.png

Arcanine

Ability : Intimidate

Nature : Impish

EV Spread : 102Hp, 252Def, 156Spe

@Leftovers

- ExtremeSpeed

- Flamethrower

- Morning Sun

- Crunch

Arcanine is really good when played physically defensive. The Ev spread isn't quite usual but it allows Arcanine to outspeed Max Speed Breloom (135 for this arcanine against 134 for any jolly 252 Breloom). Extremespeed will help Arcanine to Revenge Kill and also to prevent Zangoose to sweep through Endure-Flail

0- SpA Arcanine Flamethrower vs. 6 HP / 0 SpD Breloom: 146-174 (107.3 - 127.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO

-1 252 Atk Breloom Focus Punch vs. 102 HP / 252+ Def Arcanine: 72-85 (40.4 - 47.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

RIP in peace Breloom

As for crunch :

0 Atk Arcanine Crunch vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Grumpig: 92-110 (49.1 - 58.8%) -- 71.9% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

0 Atk Arcanine Crunch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Grumpig: 62-74 (33.1 - 39.5%) -- 15.3% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

Helpfull if Arcanine is up to Revenge Kill the pink pig

breloom.png
Breloom
Ability : Effect Spore
Nature : Jolly
EV Spread : 6Hp, 252Atk, 252Spe
@Leftovers
- Spore
- Substitute
- Focus Punch
- Leech Seed

There it is ! Classic Breloom. I chose Leech Seed as 4th slot cause Giga Drain ain't really helpfull since Focus Punch will put Whiscash back to kindergarten.
We'll need to be careful at Seviper which is the perfect counter to Breloom, due to its type and its ability.

0- SpA Seviper Sludge Bomb vs. 6 HP / 0 SpD Breloom: 138-164 (101.4 - 120.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO (Seviper without any Sp.investment and malus nature)

252 Atk Breloom Focus Punch vs. 6 HP / 0 Def Seviper: 96-114 (64.4 - 76.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 Atk Breloom Focus Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Seviper: 63-74 (35 - 41.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

armaldo.png
Armaldo
Ability : Battle Armor
EV Spread : 252Hp, 252Atk, 6Def
@Choice Band
- Earthquake
- Superpower
- Rock Slide
- Aerial Ace

Yes I said it's too slow to be threathening. And I hope all of my opponents will think that hahaha.
Armaldo Choice Bander is like Rambo ready to win his war (but it wasn't my war !!!).
No need to calc, Armaldo 2hko every pokemon and ohko more than the half of the meta-list.

grumpig.png
Grumpig
Ability : Thick Fat
EV Spread : 252Hp, 252Def, 6Sp.Atk
@Leftovers
- Calm Mind
- Psychic
- Hp Fight
- Heal Bell

Time to welcome the pinky pig ! A destructive set. Flawless. Hp Fight will deal with the pokemon which Psychic can't really damage.
Heal Bell will support the team and will help Grumpig if it gets Toxic'd.

bellossom.png
Bellossom
Ability : Chlorophyl
EV Spread : 252Hp, 252Def, 6Sp.Def
@Leftovers
- Stun Spore
- Synthesis
- Giga Drain
- Leech Seed

This pokemon is vital for my strategy. Since Armaldo is really slow we'll need Stun-Spore to paralyse the oppononent's pokemon. Playing Bellossom won't be easy in this meta-list but I think this strategy can work.
(Ps : Bellossom can Leech Seed via Trainer Tower)

whiscash.png

Whiscash

Ability : Oblivious

EV Spread : 252Atk, 62Def, 196Spe

@Lum Berry

- Dragon Dance

- Waterfall

- Earthquake

- Double Edge

DD Whiscash is the best set. He covers all the meta-list. Adamant nature + 196Spe makes Whiscash reach 105Spe. With a DD, it goes up to 157 which allow him to outspeed Jolly 252Kangashkan which reach 156 Spe.

Double Edge as 4th slot because Bounce isn't really a good way to put Breloom down (Substitute while Whis is bouncin and giga drain after the bounce... bad)

+2 252+ Atk Whiscash Double-Edge vs. 6 HP / 0 Def Breloom: 130-153 (95.5 - 112.5%) -- 75% chance to OHKO

Bellossom will help my team to have free-switch because Grumpig, Blissey and Wigglytuff can Heal Bell/Aroma. Armaldo will then break some a$$.
Whiscash can also sweep but it will need at least 2 DD to be dangerous.
[/spoiler]

After an honourable mention, let's try to win this :D

IGN : lilyek

My entry :

[spoiler]Whiscash (lead) :
Nature : Jolly.
Ability : Oblivious.
EV spread : 6 Hp / 252 Atk / 252 Speed.
Held item : Chesto berry.
- Move slot 1 : Dragon Dance.
- Move slot 2 : Waterfall.
- Move slot 3 : Earthquake.
- Move slot 4 : Rest.

Clasic Dragon Dancer.

Armaldo :
Nature : Carefull.
Ability : Battle Armor.
EV spread : 252 Hp / 6 Def / 252 Sp.Def.
Held item : Chesto berry.
- Move slot 1 : Curse.
- Move slot 2 : Rockslide.
- Move slot 3 : Superpower.
- Move slot 4 : Block.

Block > 6 Curse > gg.

Medicham :
Nature : Adamant.
Ability : Pure Power.
EV spread : 6 Hp / 252 Atk / 252 Speed..
Held item : Salac berry.
- Move slot 1 : Endure.
- Move slot 2 : Reversal.
- Move slot 3 : Fire Punch.
- Move slot 4 : Ice Punch.

Classic Reversal Medicham TPunch useless.

Grumpig :
Nature : Bold.
Ability : Thick Fat.
EV spread : 248 Hp / 252 Def / 10 Speed.
Held item : Leftover.
- Move slot 1 : Psychic.
- Move slot 2 : Shadow Ball.
- Move slot 3 : Reflect.
- Move slot 4 : Calm Mind.

Probably the better solution to lowered physical sweeper.

Seviper :
Nature : Timid.
Ability : Shed Skin.
EV spread : 6 hp / 252 Sp.Atk / 252 Speed.
Held item : Poison Barb.
- Move slot 1 : Glare.
- Move slot 2 : Giga Drain.
- Move slot 3 : Flamethrower.
- Move slot 4 : Sludge Bomb.

Just love it. Great coverage with 100% special set.

Relicanth :
Nature : Adamant.
Ability : Swift Swim.
EV spread : 132 Hp / 252 Atk / 86 Sp.Def / 40 Speed.
Held item : Leftover.
- Move slot 1 : Rain Dance.
- Move slot 2 : Waterfall.
- Move slot 3 : Return.
- Move slot 4 : Yawn.

Faster than all the others pokemon of the list under the rain, can be used as a lead in a NU meta with Yawn to enforce the opponent to switch and use Rain Dance, but not sure if here it is a good idea.

[spoiler]
Still not enough good in english to give you more detailled explanation :D [/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Edited by lilyek

IGN: BurntZebra

finally made that stall team I'm sure you were all wanting to see 

[spoiler]Whiscash @ Leftovers
Ability: Oblivious
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Toxic
- Surf
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Instead of being one of those generic dragon dance whishcashes that everyone will be running, I decided to go with an interesting rest sleep talk whishcash to take on arcanine, armaldo, aggron, relicanth, and kangaskhan to an extent. Toxic messes up bellossom/grumpig/breloom switch ins which can be annoying to give a free switch in to. I went with bold and surf instead of impish and waterfall just so I could hit relicanth, arcanine, and armaldo harder because of their high base defense stats.

Blissey (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Seismic Toss
- Aromatherapy

Oh good old utility blissey. It is great at absorbing most attacks from most attackers and can stall if the pokemon came in vs a toxic from whiscash/arcanine and gives my team healing support with wish and aromatherapy. Protect is also nice for choice banders like armaldo, aggron, medicham, and blaziken. Protect can even ohko a medicham that tries to hi jump kick me. Protect has some risks though since armaldo and blaziken can both run swords dance sets instead of a choice band and giving them a free turn to swords dance is never a good idea. I felt seismic toss was enough for this selection of pokemon. Blissey is too weak to hit most of the pokemon for better damage than seismic toss and there are no ghost types to ruin my fun.

Arcanine @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 196 Def / 60 Spe
Bold Nature
- Morning Sun
- Toxic
- Flamethrower
- Extreme Speed

A some what standard arcanine set on this team. Speed investment is for adamant breloom just so I can surprise a breloom who goes for a focus punch on the switch and then attempts to spore. Toxic wears down the other person's team, as there are only 3 things that are immune to toxic, and not really too worried about seviper either. Extreme speed is for reversal/flailers such as blaziken, medicham, kangaskhan, and zangoose. Flamethrower seemed like a necessary stab to hit most things for some what decent damage.

Breloom @ Leftovers
Ability: Effect Spore
EVs: 252 HP / 196 Def / 60 Spe
Impish Nature
- Superpower
- Spore
- Leech Seed
- Protect

Oh this silly mushroom with fists, it can be quite the annoying set to some teams just because of leech seed and protect, forcing people to really think what to do. Speed investment is to outspeed adamant armaldo, since I don't think there's too much of a reason to run jolly armaldo, takes away from its speed too much and still gets outsped by almost all standard sets on the pokemon in this pool. Spore can instantly make one pokemon on the other person's team useless which is always great. Combination of leech seed and protect gives me some what reliable recovery and can stall whiscash, even if it has bounce. Superpower is for aggron, kangaskhan, breloom, armaldo, relicanth, and blissey.

Armaldo @ Leftovers
Ability: Battle Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Rock Slide
- Superpower
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off

I wasn't really that sure on armaldo just because of its low amount of switch ins, but I think its a necessary part of this team. It gives me switch ins to kangaskhan, zangoose, seviper, and any cb pokemon that is locked into a move that armaldo resists. Rock slide is a nice stab to hit arcanine, armaldo, grumpig, and seviper with. Superpower is to hit aggron, zangoose, breloom, blissey, kangaskhan, relicanth, and blaziken, if accuracy is an issue with rock slide. Swords dance is mostly to pressure less offensive pokemon like blissey and arcanine that can take armaldo's attacks to an extent. Knock off is useful in regards that it furthers the stall along with toxic support from the rest of my team. It will make pokemon like bellossom/breloom think about switching in , and nothing really likes having its item knocked off either.

Grumpig @ Leftovers
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Calm Nature
- Whirlwind
- Rest
- Psychic
- Sleep Talk

The last, but not least, component of this stall team. Grumpig lets me take on blaziken, which would be a big problem for my team otherwise, and whirlwind can force out calm mind grumpig or blissey as well. Grumpig is also my medicham switch in if I can't get it to reveal its choice band move with my protect users. I was a bit paranoid about breloom when I was building this team, so I wanted to have something that could potentially surprise breloom that thinks its safe to set up a substitute or leech seed vs a sleeping grumpig. [/spoiler]

IGN BlueBreath

[spoiler]Whiscash (Catfish)
Nature Adamant
Ability Oblivious
EV Spread: 252atk 140speed 116hp
Held Item: Chesto Berry
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Rest
- Dragon dance

A standard set, bring this thing in late game to sweep. With 140speed invest Whiscash is capable of outspeeding max speed Blaziken after one Dragon dance. Rest allows for multiple Dragon dances to be set up and healing any damage taken during this time and wake up with the chesto berry. The dual STAB options hit across the whole tier apart from Bellossom and Breloom, so these should be take out earlier to secure a sweep. The hp EV's are there to give extra bulk.

Grumpig (Mr.Grumpy)
Nature Bold
Ability Thick fat
EV Spread: 252hp 252def 4speed
- Psychic
- Heal Bell
- Rest
- Sleep talk

This is used to just to take hits from Blaziken, Medicham and Breloom (The Pyschic typing and Thick Fat makes Grumpig perform an excellent job at this). The STAB Psychic deals sufficent damage to all of them, Grumpig also acts as a sleep absorber for Breloom and can retaliate with Sleep talk hopefully hitting it with a psychic (also if Sleep talk hits Heal bell Grumpig is awoken from its slumber). Rest is here to allow it come in repeatively (Sleep talk also allows it abuse Rest's recovery). Using Grumpig as a cleric with Heal bell is very viable due to many status conditions which can be passed around your team.

Medicham (Train Wreck)
Nature Adamant
Ability Pure Power
EV Spread: 252atk 252speed 4hp
Held Item: Choice Band
- Brick break
- Ice Punch
- Return
- Rock slide

A simply bander to deal heavy damage, the only thing which really can take this thing on is Grumpig with it's fighting resistance and Thick Fat ability, hence the use of return to 2HKO max def Grumpig. Arcanine and Aggron are the only viable switch ins to a CB Return, Brick break covers Aggron and Rock Slide does some extra damage to Arcanine (more than Brick Break). Ice Punch is there to hit the 2 grass types in the tier. I decided to go Adamant as there are not many speedy contenders in the tier, so it maximises the damage output.

Arcanine (Dankanine)
Nature Relaxed
Ability Intimidate
EV Spread: 252hp 252def 4spdef
- Morning sun
- Extremespeed
- Flamethrower
- Toxic

Easy to spread toxic across the tier, while Extremespeed lets it revenge kill any sweepers which may be on low health (maybe from the use of endure on Blaziken, Medicham or Zangoose). Morning Sun gives it an amazing recovery option and Flamethrower gives a nice stab to hit Aggron neutrally and the grass types super effectively. The Intimidate ability also allows it to come in on many physical attackers.

Kangaskan (Who needs Mega?)
Nature Careful
Ability Early Bird
EV Spread: 252hp 196spdef 60atk
- Wish
- Body Slam
- Earthquake
- Protect

Kangaskan's function here is to be a special tank for the likes of Grumpig, Castform, Bellossom and mixed Arcanine and Seviper. The attack invest is to 2HKO 252hp aggron with leftovers with ease from Earthquake, it also provides coverage for Relicanth. Wish can be passed around the team, paired with protect Kangaskan can insure it can also heal itself. Body Slam has nice STAB and a chance of spreading paralysis. 

Bellossom (Hula dancer)
Nature Bold
Ability Chlorophyll
EV Spread: 252hp 164spatk 88def 4speed
- Stun spore
- Swagger
- Synthesis
- Giga drain

Simply designed to counter Whiscash, STAB Giga drain with 4X super effective damage will 1HKO most Whiscash, while Bellossoms pure grass typing allows it to come in on both of Whiscash's STAB's. Synthesis is to heal off damage dealt while Stun spore + Swagger supply parafusion, though the accuracy is not great it spreads paralysis across the opposing team when they decide to switch.[/spoiler]

[spoiler]I'm really enjoying this contest, I hope to see more of it in the future as it was a great idea and is opening my mindset towards different meta games in general, best of luck to everyone![/spoiler]

RIP me, tournament distracted me from submitting my team hahaha. Oh well, gl guys!

EDIT: Just for kicks

Assessment: This appears to be a well-balanced line-up of pokes without any overly dominant options jumping out at me. There appears to be priority, options for late-game sweeping, and also a bit of bulk stashed in as well. Unfortunately the only water-type is our mandatory option Whiscash. Here’s to seeing Whiscash played in a wide variety of ways with a lot of pokes carrying HP Grass to slow it down.

[spoiler]

Whiscash “KittyFish”

Ability: Oblivious

EV Spread: 252 Attack / 4 SpDef / 252 Spe

- Dragon Dance

- Earthquake

- Waterfall

- Bounce

Explanation: Whiscash is the only water-type in this list so deciding on his moveset was fairly tricky. I could use him as a bulky wall or go for the full-on sweeper. After analyzing the field it appears only two pokes resist Whiscash’s dual STABs, Earthquake and Waterfall, and those pokemon are Breloom and Bellossom. Unfortunately for them Whiscash can also carry Bounce, which after one Dragon Dance, OHKO’s both (apart from 252/252+ Def Bello). Another positive to this set is that after one Dragon Dance an adamant Whiscash outspeeds the entire tier. (+1 Spe Whiscash = 168; Max Spe Arcanine = 161). Whiscash’s high bulk also prevents it from being readily stopped by most priority, so if you get a Dragon Dance, you are looking at a potential sweep.

Things to avoid: One hellaciously bulky Bellossom with Giga Drain or really anything with a Grass-Attack prior to using Dragon Dance.

Bellossom “GetSSOM”

Nature: Modest

Ability: Chlorophyl

EV Spread: 4 Def / 252 SpAtt / 252 Spe

- Giga Drain

- Hidden Power Ground

- Sunny Day

- Protect

Explanation: Ok so everyone and their mama will have a Dragon Dance Whiscash, this is known. The only move that reliably hurts Bellossom is Bounce, but fortunately for us it has both really low PP and also a “charge up” turn as the pokemon “Springs Up”. I can switch in and continuously use Protect on the turn that Whiscash attempts to attack. This will effectively PP stall the Whiscash until he is forced to either switch or attack me with a resisted Waterfall or EQ, at which point I can just Giga Drain, killing it, and recovering my health back. Sunny Day is there to use on the turn that Whiscash springs up, allowing me to outspeed it with any consecutive turns if the Whiscash is only at +1. Hidden Power Ground offers a coverage attack against my more common switch-ins that might fear me running a SunnyBeam sweeper set with my use of Sunny Day, Arcanine and Blaziken. Blissey and Grumpig will be commonly brought in against me as well, so if I see them I can bait them in with my Bellossom.

Things to avoid: Fat, specially-defensive monsters that I can’t do a thing about. Priority attacks that will inevitably where me down.

Medicham “NoRegard”

Nature: Jolly

Ability: Huge Power

EV Spread: 252 Attack / 4 Def / 252 Spe

Held Item: Lum Berry

- Fake-Out

- High Jump Kick

- Fire Punch

- Double-Edge

Explanation: Ok so this guy is merely here to hit and run. His priority option Fake-Out may secure a chance at a OHKO with the ever impressive High Jump Kick. Also along for the ride is Fire Punch to hit those grass-types and also Double-Edge to really scare a Grumpig switch-in. Definitely need to watch out for priority users that can wear me down.

Things to avoid: Priority. Something faster.

Breloom “BringerofDoom”

Ability: Natural Cure

EV Spread: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe

Held Item:

- Fire Blast

- Toxic

- Rest

- Heal Bell

Explanation: No ghosts, and only two pokemon that resist your ever impressive STAB Focus Punch. Ok, ok… I can’t resist. 252 Spe with an Adamant nature beats any of the provided walls allowing for the effective use of Spore. After your opponent is asleep, simply Substitute and wail away at anything that switches in on your Focus Punch. Fortunately FP also has a chance at 2HKO’ing Grumpig, so it isn’t the most reliable option without any decent recovery. Mach Punch is there to cover any Flailing Zangoose or an Aggron that may attempt to break a Substitute. Substitute also provides additional coverage against Bounce, acting as a pseudo-stall move until you can no longer Sub anymore.

Things to avoid: That damn Grumpig with Max bulk. May we punch it to the depths of Kyu’s TeamSpeak.

Arcanine “TooFast5You”

Nature: Relaxed

Ability: Intimidate

EV Spread: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe

- Flamethrower

- Crunch

- Morning Sun

- Hidden Power Grass

Explanation: Coverage on everything with the bulk to go with it. The name will keep Endure/Sub + Salac abusers at bay while I toss around my amazing coverage. Morning Sun helps with longevity and lets me get a hit on pretty much anything at least once. Intimidate is a god send against a few of these heavy hitters.

Things to avoid: Choice Band Earthquakes and Armaldo.

Blaziken “SpeedBoost”

Ability: Blaze

EV Spread: 252 Attack / 4 Def / 252 Spe

Held Item: Salac Berry

- Superpower

- Blaze Kick

- Endure

- Reversal

Explanation: Just like with Breloom, there is no ghosts or significant immunities for my Reversal abuse. I will carry Superpower and Blaze Kick for coverage until the time to Endure and Sweep arises. I debated running a mixed set with HP Grass + Fire Blast, but looking at the list it just doesn’t seem necessary. Superpower + Blaze Kick have insane power packed behind STAB and an impressive attack stat. With all the priority around this might be difficult to pull off, but against the right pokemon I’m guaranteed at least one kill solid kill.

Things to avoid: Zangoose that can outspeed and hit me, then Quick Attack kill me if I decide to Endure. All them priority pokes.

[/spoiler]

Summary: A high octane offensive team that abuses wall teams and forces players to run priority. The idea behind this is simple. I use my appropriate resistances to scout my opponent and then either sweep with DD Whiscash or Reversal Blaziken. Everything else has the ability to hit everything in the list with a powerful attack. This match will either end in 5 minutes or… it will end in 5 minutes. 

Edited by DoubleJ

Before I announce the final winner for the team building contest I want to say how much I have enjoyed judging the entries over the past week. I didn't realise how informative this could be for newer players thinking of getting into comp, I know that I have picked up some great tips myself. Because this is new contest I would appreciate it if people could take the time to give me some feedback in the event suggestions thread. I am open to all negative and positive comments so that I can improve this for the future if I decide to run it again. Congratulations to all of the winners and you will receive your Lucky Egg prize soon!

List four winner- BlueBreath

BlueBreath has provided really consistent entries throughout this contest and has always been one that the judges have always put in their list of the best. We felt that this entry was his strongest one yet. Judges were particularly impressed with the Grumpig set, allowing it to Rest and absorb sleep status and then being able to wake up using a sleep talked Heal Bell. RestoChesto on Whiscash wasn't something that I expected to see but is particularly creative and allows for healing if Whiscash needs it during a Dragon Dance sweep. 

Medicham is also a well thought out addition to the team, going for an Adamant nature due to there not being many speedy opponents shows that BlueBreath has looked into the speed tiers to prepare this team. It was nice to see a Medicham getting some usage over the popular Blaziken, this is something that will deal heavy damage on most things that switch into it. Overall a really well thought out and innovative entry, BlueBreath built a team with some standard sets (Medicham) and some surprises (Swagger Bellossom) and made them work really well together. 

Runner up- BurntZebra

Another individual who has entered really well thought out team builds throughout the contest and this time it was nice to see him playing to his strengths. The Whiscash was super inventive and was definitely something that we did not expect to see and could be a huge element of surprise for opponents expecting the Dragon Dance set. Zebra abuses the fact that there are no Ghost types by putting Seismic Toss on Blissey which can be used to chip away at any team he faces. Breloom is also given a pretty creative set, moving away from the usual Spore/Focus Puncher, Leech Seed allows for instant recovery to keep it in play and also provide healing for other team mates. I personally enjoyed reading up on the Armaldo set as it is one of the Hoenn Pokemon that I haven't really seen used a lot at official tournaments. Overall, a really nice and well thought out entry (as usual), well done Zebra!

Honourable Mentions
Gilvy- A really strategic team that was built around key threats in the mini tier list. I liked the use of Leech Seed on Bellossom as it can be a pretty underestimated move due to it only being accessible from the Trainer Tower. 
Lilyek- Another entry that used Rest on a Dragon Dance Whiscash which is a really great idea. Judges really liked the inclusion of Seviper on the team and the set provides awesome coverage.