[Denied]Power Herb

Effect: It allows you to use moves such as solar beam without having to waste a turn. Single use, but i'm not sure how bad a similiar item with unlimited uses would be, since it shouldn't affect focus punch.

Pokes like charizard and blaziken (Both borderline pokes with a very low usage, to the point where people were considering moving them to uu) could really benefit from this, since it allows them to care care of bulky water types (kinda).

Is there any broken combo i'm missing? 

Edit: Of course, only smog/bong members should be allowed to use it, that goes without saying.

Edited by Vaeldras

First of all, it is a gen 4 item so irrelevant.

Second of all, it's a one time only use of Solarbeam, so bad.

Third of all, is this even a suggestion? If it is, what does it suggest?

He's suggesting that it be changed to allow unlimited use. (I think)

First of all, it is a gen 4 item so irrelevant.

Second of all, it's a one time only use of Solarbeam, so bad.

Third of all, is this even a suggestion? If it is, what does it suggest?

Don't we have 4th gen and 6th gen mechanics anyway? what's the problem with it being a 4th gen item.

And it could be used effectively, even with a single use (not that i haven't suggested a similiar item with unlimited uses).

What's so bad about having something that could give some extra sets to some pokes?

Edit; Wait, is it already implemented? because i was suggesting to implement it, ofc

Edited by Vaeldras

We don't have any other 4th gen items soooo?
LF choice scarf, choice specs, damp rock, smooth rock, life orb, focus sash, light clay, etc.
Why would we get power herb which is almost useless, but not the rest of them?

Dunno, maybe they think our meta is not ready for those items, while a power herb wouldn't be that relevant at all.

I just thought it could work in our meta, especially a variant with unlimited uses.

I mean, it's not broken, it shouldn't be hard to code, it could potentially be useful so why not?

Don't know if bounce is affected too, it could make gyarados abuse it (same for sky attack aero)
Plus imo making fire type able to spam solarbeam so easily would be kinda broken

That's the Power Herb which is a Generation IV item, not yet implemented. 

EDIT: Those feels when this is the Power Herb thread. RIP Me. 

Edited by DoubleJ

Don't know if bounce is affected too, it could make gyarados abuse it (same for sky attack aero)
Plus imo making fire type able to spam solarbeam so easily would be kinda broken

Didn't even bother checking, but turns out it does affect bounce.

Not sure if it'd be a problem, gyarados already has a similiar stab and it would probably still need crunch and taunt/equake, i don't see it getting any stronger.

Aerodactyl could be a pain, but you have to consider how bad it needs a choice band with that base 105 att. Still, spammable 140 bp stab would rek everything but metagross and arcanine

Edit: Totally forgot about weezing, skarmory and ph walls in general. 6.38 am and i didn't get any sleep, i swear i'm not that bad  :(

-1 212 Atk Aerodactyl Sky Attack vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Arcanine: 106-126 (27.6 - 32.8%) -- 81.8% chance to 4HKO after Leftovers recovery

Spammable solar beam is my main concern, that would be too much imo, but i still wanted to hear everyone's opinion.

We could just have the regular power herb though, it might work every now and then.

Edited by Vaeldras

Didn't even bother checking, but turns out it does affect bounce.

Not sure if it'd be a problem, gyarados already has a similiar stab and it would probably still need crunch and taunt/equake, i don't see it getting any stronger.

Aerodactyl could be a pain, but you have to consider how bad it needs a choice band with that base 105 att. Still, spammable 140 bp stab would rek everything but metagross and arcanine

Edit: Totally forgot about weezing, skarmory and ph walls in general. 6.38 am and i didn't get any sleep, i swear i'm not that bad  :(

-1 212 Atk Aerodactyl Sky Attack vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Arcanine: 106-126 (27.6 - 32.8%) -- 81.8% chance to 4HKO after Leftovers recovery

Spammable solar beam is my main concern, that would be too much imo, but i still wanted to hear everyone's opinion.

We could just have the regular power herb though, it might work every now and then.

Do you know what 'spammable' means? Power herb is a consumable item...

Do you know what 'spammable' means? Power herb is a consumable item...

At this point the most fitting answer would be "go play dota"

[spoiler]

He was talking about a possible non consumable variant.

Is this some kind of trolling attempt?

[/spoiler]

Um... idk where you are going with this... Power Herb has never been non-consumable.

Just in case you are actually not trolling me: 

The point of the thread is not only to ask wether or not it should be implemented, but also to suggest a variant with unlimited uses, for the sake of making it more viable.

The regular one might find some uses every now and then to blast a surprise solarbeam against a, let's say, vaporeon who switched in to absorb a superpower (if blaziken).

Since charizard and blaziken have such a low usage (and i suspect the fact that they get completely stopped by bulky water types plays it's part), i thought even a regular power herb could somehow help them (not sure if anyone would actually pick that over a...choice band consistently though).

On the other hand, a variant with infinite uses would probably make them something like s ranks, if not uber, but that's just speculation.

I just thought it would be nice to have at least the regular one, even though there are way more interesting items to be implemented as of now.

Just in case you are actually not trolling me: 

The point of the thread is not only to ask wether or not it should be implemented, but also to suggest a variant with unlimited uses, for the sake of making it more viable.

The regular one might find some uses every now and then to blast a surprise solarbeam against a, let's say, vaporeon who switched in to absorb a superpower (if blaziken).

Since charizard and blaziken have such a low usage (and i suspect the fact that they get completely stopped by bulky water types plays it's part), i thought even a regular power herb could somehow help them (not sure if anyone would actually pick that over a...choice band consistently though).

On the other hand, a variant with infinite uses would probably make them something like s ranks, if not uber, but that's just speculation.

I just thought it would be nice to have at least the regular one, even though there are way more interesting items to be implemented as of now.

But a discussion of a variant with unlimited uses is both stupid and pointless, since this game is canon, and an unlimited-use variant would be non-canon.

Edited by OldKeith

But a discussion of a variant with unlimited uses is both stupid and pointless, since this game is canon, and an unlimited-use variant would be non-canon.

I don't quite get what you mean with canon, it could be misinterpreted so i'll answer anyway.

In case you're actually serious, i only have 2 words: Light Ball

I have to say i don't really like the idea of having other custom items though.

The suggestion was mainly about the regular one though, the variant was just something that could have been considered if deemed healthy for the meta.

But it's mainly about the regular one.

Which, being a canon 4th gen item, should be something we will eventually have anyway.

We have 6th gen eggmoves, 3rd gen pokes, 4th gen mechanics, so why not a 4th gen item?

I don't quite get what you mean with canon, it could be misinterpreted so i'll answer anyway.

In case you're actually serious, i only have 2 words: Light Ball

I have to say i don't really like the idea of having other custom items though.

The suggestion was mainly about the regular one though, the variant was just something that could have been considered if deemed healthy for the meta.

But it's mainly about the regular one.

Which, being a canon 4th gen item, should be something we will eventually have anyway.

We have 6th gen eggmoves, 3rd gen pokes, 4th gen mechanics, so why not a 4th gen item?

What about the Light Ball? No item we currently have has mechanics different from the actual games.

We have gen 6 egg moves and learn sets, but only using the existing gen 1-3 moves. 

I am all up for the full introduction of gen 4 items, moves and abilities, but introducing just one of them would be weird. If I had to pick one I'd pick the scarf.

What about the Light Ball? No item we currently have has mechanics different from the actual games.

We have gen 6 egg moves and learn sets, but only using the existing gen 1-3 moves. 

I am all up for the full introduction of gen 4 items, moves and abilities, but introducing just one of them would be weird. If I had to pick one I'd pick the scarf.

Me too, it would be cool to have that

Btw, the light ball in pokemmo works differently, it also boosts pikachu's physical attack, which becomes scary af.

Edit: I swear, bulbapedia used to say it only boosted it's sp att, even after gen 4!

I guess we don't have any non canon item then, so i definitely agree, let's stick to the canon.

My bad, i was sure light ball never boosted pikachu's attack outside of pokemmo, i even recall some staff saying it was a custom mechanic.

Any opinion on the regular one?