Team bank

gbwead

Question

Context:

[spoiler]

Over the past few months, I have read on the forum and in game that a lot of players are disappointed with the current breeding system that involves a lot of grinding and doesn’t promote in anyway player-interaction.

For people who don't know what I am talking about, I strongly recommend reading the DoubleJ post in the "[Community] Economy" topic (https://forums.pokemmo.eu/index.php?/topic/55265-community-economy/?p=1100011) or if you have nothing to do you can also read the endless post from Senile (https://forums.pokemmo.eu/index.php?/topic/54506-official-tournament-prizes/page-3#entry1081261). [/spoiler]

My suggestong is a team bank. A team bank is a common feature we can find in many MMO and I feel this could fix a lot of problems.

Here is how it could work: 

A player would be able to place his comps in the team bank and, by doing so, all the members of his team would then have access to all his comps. Basically when you would take a pokemon from the bank and put it in your party, this would actually create a « clone » that you could use. The player that put the pokemon in the bank would still remain the owner. If that player leave his team, he would get back all his pokemons from the bank and all the clones would automatically be destroyed. Reciprocally, if a player leaves his team, all the clones he had from the team bank would be destroyed. The clones would obviously not be tradeable.

The benefits of a team bank :

• Instead of reducing the grind in the game, a team bank would make all the grinding more « worth it ». The comp that took a lot of time and effort to create would help not only yourself but also your team.
  • The MMO aspect of the game would get really interresting and teamates would work together in order to achieve their common goal.
  • No hapiness farming for moves like Return

The cons of a team bank:

Let me know XD

Edited by lamerb

12 answers to this question

Already suggested here and here

Ah ok, thank you. I will read these posts.

Edit: It is not exactly the same idea. I am talking about a pokemon that all the team can use and not a bank where you only deposit and withdraw stuff. When I use the term "clone", it is because there could be as many clones as there are team members.

Edit2: Oh nvm, my post is pretty similar to the idea of Caracal.

Edited by lamerb

i myself see endless cloning not working because in the end everyone will have the best team available which isnt fair for those who made the comps

Well the people who made the comps could simply remove the comps from the team bank if they feel that it isn't fair.

Edited by lamerb

• Instead of reducing the grind in the game, a team bank would make all the grinding more « worth it ». The comp that took a lot of time and effort to create would help not only yourself but also your team.
  • The MMO aspect of the game would get really interresting and teamates would work together in order to achieve their common goal.
  • No hapiness farming for moves like Return

1.Even with the "system" we have now, you can always just borrow comps to your team, or close friends. Yeah, a team bank would be pretty neat to be implemented, but not in this way with clones and all. It sounds like a solution to the "but new members will just get comps and leave team", that can't, or is hard to be implemented, atleast coding wise. Just a regular team bank with certain ranks having access to the things inside it would be much more better.

2.Ehh, same as above, you always work together in a team, atleast I believe so, and so far I've had no problems both helping out, and being the one needing help with comps, or money, or items. Again, I'm all for a team bank idea, it'd def make things easier regarding this, but yeah

3. Frustration and herbs, h-heh..

1.Even with the "system" we have now, you can always just borrow comps to your team, or close friends. Yeah, a team bank would be pretty neat to be implemented, but not in this way with clones and all. It sounds like a solution to the "but new members will just get comps and leave team", that can't, or is hard to be implemented, atleast coding wise. Just a regular team bank with certain ranks having access to the things inside it would be much more better.
2.Ehh, same as above, you always work together in a team, atleast I believe so, and so far I've had no problems both helping out, and being the one needing help with comps, or money, or items. Again, I'm all for a team bank idea, it'd def make things easier regarding this, but yeah
3. Frustration and herbs, h-heh..

i agree
i for one am always willing to lend my pokemon to friends
and i assume that most of the people in your team is a friend kr something like that

This is a good idea. However, it isn't needed. Since teams/Guilds share their comps for tournaments and certain battles anyway, and wouldn't be a big difference. Also you would have to trust your members a lot since some people steal Pokemon and things like that.

So to sum it all up, not 100% needed but it would come in handy for some players ~

I had thought au as a bank is world of warcraft , or with blocks and permits granted by the members with rank higher.
For example could deposit the pokemon lvl 100 to allow disposal of the league easier , eventually settles again noob pokemon lvl 100 that had been lent

I had thought au as a bank is world of warcraft , or with blocks and permits granted by the members with rank higher.
For example could deposit the pokemon lvl 100 to allow disposal of the league easier , eventually settles again noob pokemon lvl 100 that had been lent

The team bank I had in mind was more a cloning system where 1 comp could be cloned several times. Theorically, team member A would be able to duel team member B with the exact same team. 

This cloning mechanic would make all the comps more valuable.

It would also be way more handy than trading pokemons with other team members.

It would be more user-friendly towards new players that would be able to play directly in the competitive scene and learn faster.

With an easier access to comps for training, the pvp would only become more competitive which is I believe a good thing for PokeMMO.

It seems like it'd be too easily abused, because of people just taking clones of comps from their teammates and not making even the slightest effort to make their own.

Even though you can borrow comps, there are only so many to borrow. When there are none to borrow, you gotta use your own.

Cloning isn't OK trust me I'm post breeding change so it would level the field but people have worked hard to get where they are and that wouldn't be fair....team bank is best used as an alt account considering that the function w/o cloning would be nice but too much work for devs who have other things going on