[Implemented] Hidden Power Checker

Given that abilities are already on the agenda, it cannot be long before pickup is implemented, meaning that Pokemon such as Meowth with the pickup ability will have a small chance of finding the Hidden Power TM, along with many other things.

Our developers have already stated they do not what something that will show IV's, so the only way of course is to calculate them.

The problem with this of course, is that most calculators give you a range, making it almost impossible to work out what exact Hidden Power type a Pokemon can learn.

(For those who don't know, it's determined by that Pokemon's IV's)

Given that it is a desirable move, used a lot in competitive play, I feel it is important know what Hidden Power your Pokemon can learn.

(Feel free to disagree)

My solution to this; -

sdfsddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd HiddenPower.png

In Black and White (Arbitrary hate incoming) there is a man in the PokeCenter of Mistralton City, who tells you what type of Hidden Power your Pokemon can learn.

So, why not do the same in PokeMMO?

I wouldn't say it takes away from anything, or reveals your IV's either, just something that would be extremely useful to competitive players.

Thoughts? Opinions? Go~

~ Darkshade

You are a god among men when it comes to suggestions Dark.

My only problem is that Hidden Power also has a range of power, so if he could tell you how strong it is, that would also help.

Thankyou ^.~

And that too, typing first of course, but that would be just as great!

There are not enough Likes in a day to like all of your good ideas.

The devs have already shown they can add NPCs at will (Berry merchant in Saffron) so this is very doable (I think) and makes good sense.

I wouldn't imagine it would be hard, given that they already have to calculate which IV's = What hidden power anyway~

If they don't fee like adding an NPC who will flat out tell you, they could just add a location with wild Keckleon. Use hidden power, it transforms into that type.

Or just add an NPC trainer with a Kecleon. In case they don't want to add Kecleon into the wild at said point.

Or just add an NPC trainer with a Kecleon. In case they don't want to add Kecleon into the wild at said point.

People might complain about HAVING to gain EXP/EVs from the trainer since you can't just run from a trainer battle after you check. And also, it would be annoying to only be able to check once / day with vs seeker.

People might complain about HAVING to gain EXP/EVs from the trainer since you can't just run from a trainer battle after you check. And also, it would be annoying to only be able to check once / day with vs seeker.

I can see the problem now, scratch my idea. I just think we should stick with the NPC telling you.

If they don't fee like adding an NPC who will flat out tell you, they could just add a location with wild Keckleon. Use hidden power, it transforms into that type.

Whatever works, those are equally as effective, but I believe there does need to be a method which tells you which hidden power you have.

The benefit to the idea in the OP however, is that it tells you what Hidden Power it learns before the move is taught, saving you a TM.

I figured this would be another shit thread to troll. Then Darkshade happened. You really gotta stop trollblocking me dude.

Trollblocking is a new phrase on me, Anz without trolling however, is not good. I get the feeling I'm beginning to shorten your life expectancy, and I apologize.

Powerless in the face of Darkshade are we?

Maybe you should secretly make a second forums account to start shit threads for you to troll.

Haha, that's a very clever idea actually, although the forums would blow up.

Darkshade's suggestions are the standard by which all suggestions are measured.

I'd quote this, but I get the feeling that'd be obnoxious xP

Whatever works, those are equally as effective, but I believe there does need to be a method which tells you which hidden power you have.

The benefit to the idea in the OP however, is that it tells you what Hidden Power it learns before the move is taught, saving you a TM.

Increasing the value of the Hidden Power TM in the player market. Plus, once breeding is implemented it will be possible to "recycle" those TMs on the pokemon you breed if done correctly.

And now me and Giygas can feel ridiculous for suggesting the Kecleon, as we did not realize it would waste a Hidden Power TM.

I realized it would. I think it will make people too stingy with their Hidden Power TMs if they only use them on the pokemon with the "correct" Hidden Powers.

And now me and Giygas can feel ridiculous for suggesting the Kecleon, as we did not realize it would waste a Hidden Power TM.

Increasing the value of the Hidden Power TM in the player market. Plus, once breeding is implemented it will be possible to "recycle" those TMs on the pokemon you breed if done correctly.

I realized it would. I think it will make people too stingy with their Hidden Power TMs if they only use them on the pokemon with the "correct" Hidden Powers.

It would, but given it's 5% chance of being picked up, among other things, I don't think it would be a terrible idea.

But I'm happy with either one, as long as there is some way of finding out, without having to go to ridiculous lengths, there are other methods without Kecleon, but I feel if you were just told, it shouldn't cause too much of a problem.

It would, but given it's 5% chance of being picked up, among other things, I don't think it would be a terrible idea.

But I'm happy with either one, as long as there is some way of finding out, without having to go to ridiculous lengths, there are other methods without Kecleon, but I feel if you were just told, it shouldn't cause too much of a problem.

I know I personaly have a team of:

Level 100 Persian with Amulet Coin

Meowth - Pickup

Meowth - Pickup

Meowth - Pickup

Meowth - Pickup

Meowth - Pickup

Honestly, I think they should use the Emerald Pickup table instead of the FR/LG one. That way people have to at least get their "Pickupmon" to the correct levels for the items they want.

I know I personaly have a team of:

Level 100 Persian with Amulet Coin

Meowth - Pickup

Meowth - Pickup

Meowth - Pickup

Meowth - Pickup

Meowth - Pickup

Honestly, I think they should use the Emerald Pickup table instead of the FR/LG one. That way people have to at least get their "Pickupmon" to the correct levels for the items they want.

I have a team of 6 waiting too, and the Emerald idea isn't bad actually, I'd be in support of that if they added the FR/LG items into it also.