[UU Poll] Rhydon

Rhydon, UU vs BL  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Should Rhydon be banned to Borderline?

So we've had a lot of discussion on Rhydon and I'm still clueless. On paper it truly is an absolute monstrosity. It can 2HKO every UU wall and can OHKO over 50% of the UU walls with proper prediction and a Choice Band. On the other hand though it has really been pretty bleh in tournament play. It hasn't been able to set-up Swords Dance and it hasn't really "broken" holes in teams to exploit. 

I think the meta has had enough time to adjust, so either players aren't willing to run the risks associated with Rhydon or Rhydon really isn't that uber.

So discussion points: Rhydon can outspeed and beat every common wall the Under-Used tier has. It also punishes really any switch in with a risk for KO. On the other hand Rhydon cannot switch into anything outside of physical Normal and Flying attacks and is easily revenge killed by anything with speed greater than 101 and a grass, water, or special attack. 

So please, take a vote in the poll and state your opinion below. 

• 3 weeks later...

*This write-up was designed to be posted after approval of a quick-ban by the Overseeing Council. 

rhydon.png [UU] Rhydon

Rhydon has been heavily discussed since it was first introduced to UU a couple months ago. Initially Rhydon had very little usage and was having a difficult time finding a presence in this very offensive meta. As time wore on though this changed and players learned that Rhydon wasn't an outright sweeper, but rather a weapon to break walls. Its incredible attack stat, wall breaking speed, and extensive move-pool provided the perfect recipe to destroy a defensive core and open the road for other sweepers to succeed. With the ability to one to two shot every wall in the game, Rhydon has proven to be an offensive juggernaut with no safe switch in. Players facing a Rhydon were forced to predict right or lose a member of their team, and the only safe option was to build an offensive team to avoid being wrecked by this monster. With this in mind, Rhydon has put the UU tier in a choke-hold and has hindered the meta by breaking stall and crippling balance. 

This thread first observed Rhydon to see if it was banworthy under the Uber Offensive category, but interestingly enough it just couldn't sweep the tier with ease. It was easily revenge killed, and had major weaknesses to nearly any special attack and also physical grass or water attacks. After much discussion it was determined that Rhydon wasn't an offensive uber, but rather uncompetitive due to its support characteristics and/or unhealthy for limiting the tier in so many ways. Considering this, the UU Tier Council has requested a Quick Ban of Rhydon to bypass the one month waiting period that was instigated by the recent Charizard ban. With the approval of the Overseeing Tier Council, Rhydon has been quick banned from UU to Borderline. 

Edited by DoubleJ

I'm not completely sure what happened, but the moving down of rhydon+dusclops should have been overviewed by the overseeing tier council before anything actually happened. At least that's how we did it with the first usage shift where medicham+blaziken+sceptile dropped below the OU usage line, but medicham and blaziken were decided to just be quickbanned without too much discussion, since they were clearly offensive uber. 

I'm not completely sure what happened, but the moving down of rhydon+dusclops should have been overviewed by the overseeing tier council before anything actually happened. At least that's how we did it with the first usage shift where medicham+blaziken+sceptile dropped below the OU usage line, but medicham and blaziken were decided to just be quickbanned without too much discussion, since they were clearly offensive uber. 

Zebra please, just vote. 

He's not an overseeing member but that's just me nitpicking

Otherwise full support

Robo, I'm tired of your shit =)

https://forums.pokemmo.eu/index.php?/topic/54048-pokemmo-tier-council-and-official-tier-policies/?p=1066981

Nah Joey, what Robo meant is that LeTyrone is an overseeing staff member, which means he runs the overseeing council, along with Noad and Darkshade. The overseeing members are Zeb, Art, Orange. 

Good write up, time to get this beast out of UU. 

Edited by NikhilR

Nah Joey, what Robo meant is that LeTyrone is an overseeing staff member, which means he runs the overseeing council, along with Noad and Darkshade. The overseeing members are Zeb, Art, Orange.

Good write up, time to get this beast out of UU.

Yes I know nik, i was giving him shit for being a dumb dumb

Not sure if this was made clear, but the UU Council is requesting the Overseeing council for a Quick Ban on Rhydon, in order to bypass the one month mandatory "no bans" period post-Charizard. 

So, if the Overseeing Council (Zebra, Art, and Orange) could just make a quick vote below we'd appreciate it, or if they need time to discuss it, just let us all know. 

EDIT: Sent a pm to the council, zebra's inbox is full. 

Edited by DoubleJ

JJ and Arte seem to have Rhydon under control for the time being but we would like to see this thing banned / announced that it will be staying by the end of the month due to some new changes we will be implementing. Updates nearer the time.

Noad so slow =)

I already announced the ban in the thread that was locked in comp alley.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.