Have a sign with the name of the developers of the game at Silph Co and Dev Corp

Bestfriends

Question

Why not thank the devs by putting a sign with their names on it. This is what the sign should say...

"PokeMMO was made possible by the works of Desu, Shu, Kyu, Squirtle, and the winner Gizmo."

f53cdb913762402477f003cf1cdaccf2.png

Put the sign where the D within the rectangle is. If you want one in Hoenn, you can also put one in DEV corp, I mean it even has DEV in the name....

a4082150166eb6209b1558dd9fb474ef.png

The reason why I am suggesting this is because almost every game I play has a display where you can read who created the game. Take Smash Bros for example, the cat picture in Brawl was a dev's pet cat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcPipl6RAfQ

6:06 - 6:17

The cat really got my ball rolling for a possible idea the devs can slip into the game.

Edited by Bestfriends

12 answers to this question

I don't think that's necessary to be honest. There is already a set of developer npcs present in the game. I suppose they can alter their text to be the names of the actual Pokemmo developers.

as long as there is some indication on who developed the game. Like the cat example, I want PokeMMO to have its touches.

more easter-eggs could be fun, but they shouldnt be as obvious as that imo..

Now your really getting the ball rolling. Lets implement some hidden secrets in the game, like an unintentional secret that the bug catcher I battled the name of him was LYLE (not joking, he is an NPC in Hoenn).

But why not have hidden textures in game that give credits to the devs.

For the log screen having the staff names, would also be not such a bad idea.

Why not implement both??? ;)

Because we don't need both, and the log in screen makes it simple which i'm sure the devs would enjoy instead of replacing certain textures of the roms

I mean we need more hidden secrets that can make the game all the more fun to play. I would also like to implement the suggestion you made about the staff list, but I want to emphases the importance of the devs or otherwise this game wouldn't be in existence. 

Yes but they would have to take away certain textures from a game that's already made, remake certain textures by themselves and then implement it for easter-eggs. That's like taking an xbox game, and re-making the whole entire game just to add a few trees or something.

Yes but they would have to take away certain textures from a game that's already made, remake certain textures by themselves and then implement it for easter-eggs. That's like taking an xbox game, and re-making the whole entire game just to add a few trees or something.

So why not replace text of some worthless pre-existing NPCs? I mean they are already in the game and it takes little work to change a simple script.

Edited by Bestfriends

maybe this is already implemented but it's too hidden and no one found them :)

My alt collection checks about 70% - 90% of NPCs and textures and they can't find any hidden things. I mean this is a fun project for the devs to do (just like the pet cat thing in Super Smash Bros).