A conversation of group in the chat

Tenzeko

Question

14 answers to this question

Hello.

A friend has suggested something for the game:

"The ability to make a conversation just for a group of players in the chat."
Those conversations can be like the "team chat" but only with users allowed by the owner of the conversation.

The idea is not usefull but it's not useless.

Feel free to share your opinions about it.~

I had instances before when I wanted to talk to both people and when I do, I am forced to log on TS since that is the only way you can do such a thing. If this feature can be implemented, that would be fantastic. There might be a possible counterclaim to this idea, "make all the people you want to group PM join your team!" This claim does not slide because there are people like me who would not leave my team because they are like brothers. I would have to join your team for just 1 minute and go back to my team, but I don't even want to leave my brothers at YOLO. I like this alternative because you don't have to leave the team you love.

I mean, group chat is basically what the team chat is for. Invite players, chat.

"Those conversations can be like the "team chat" but only with users allowed by the owner of the conversation."

This is basically team chat. Players can only join your team if you invite them.

And to add on, you can just whisper players or just tell them to come to vermilion city, get on local chat, and chill...

And to add on, you can just whisper players or just tell them to come to vermilion city, get on local chat, and chill...

The idea of "conversation of group" is easier.~

Edit: "Quote" edited.

Edited by Tenzeko

The idea of "conversation of group" is easier.~

Edit: "Quote" edited.

What you are trying to justify here is the same thing as the team chat. Invite players, and chat. 

This is not really necessary if this thing technically already exist

screenshot_1446756954.png

This is not really necessary if this thing technically already exist

The idea of "conversation of group" is easier.

If for example, I want a conversation with a player in [AÜRA], a player in [YÒLO] and a player in [LYLE].

We must leave our team and join another team just for chat?

It's stupid.~

Edit: "Quotes" edited.

Edited by Tenzeko

If for example, I want a conversation with a player in [AÜRA], a player in [YÒLO] and a player in [LYLE].

We must leave our team and join another team just for chat?

It's stupid.~

Edit: "Quotes" edited.

"We must leave our team and join another team just for chat?"

Whispers? 

Channel chat?

Global Chat?

Local Chat?

Why leave and you have all these options?

Whispers?

With 3 players?

Channel chat?

We need private conversations.

Global Chat?

Local Chat?

If you want private covos, find a hideout, find an empty channel and go somewhere no one else is and chat or do what ever

If you want private conversations, find a hideout, find an empty channel and go somewhere no one else is and chat or do what ever.

Conclusion: You do not like the idea.~ (4 useless posts to say you don't like this idea '^^)

I'm looking for a answer of any staff member about this idea, if possible.

(here or here)

Edited by Tenzeko

Conclusion: You do not like the idea.~ (4 useless posts to say you don't like this idea '^^)

I'm looking for a answer of any staff member about this idea, if possible.

(here or here)

Never said I did not like it. I am saying it is not necessary. Now what your trying to do is giving a reason for a staff member to lock this thread. All I was doing is trying to plead my case and you go ahead and say I put useless post when you could have changed my mind.  Edited by XelaKebert
Removed reference to removed content.

Just as an added note: Teamspeak gives us this functionality.  Create a new private channel -> give password only to your group that you want in there.

Yea but dis guy just wants to chat temporary. You can do all that in chats like Local or channel or something 

Yea but dis guy just wants to chat temporary. You can do all that in chats like Local or channel or something

There's an option to make temporary chat channels. 
The argument could be made that not everyone can/wants to use Teamspeak, which is a totally valid argument so I won't really argue about Teamspeak vs OPs suggestion.

To make an argument in favor of the suggestion, other games that I've played have had a Clan/Guild chat(Equivalent of a team chat), and a Friends Chat.  Going by the Runescape Friends Chat system, it's basically a chat where you type in a players name to join a person's FC.  While the FC can have restrictions in place(Friends only or open to all players, blocked users not being able to join etc.) generally they're just a "Come and go as you please chat." 
Since our Team Chats function more like a Clan/Guild chat(You have to be invited to join), an extra chat where you can just drop in without an invite would be nice. 
I myself have hopped through most of the big name teams and I find it hard to settle in one because I've got friends in every team I've joined.  A 'Friends Chat' system where people can join without having to have any commitment like leaving their team to join a new one would be convenient, because then I could be in a team, but also be in a Friends Chat with all my other friends.

If this kind of system is what OP was envisioning when he made the thread, I'm not really against the suggestion, but I feel there are bigger economical and gameplay related things that should be done first.

EDIT:

Those conversations can be like the "team chat" but only with users allowed by the owner of the conversation.

Yeah so the Friends Chat system isn't exactly what OP was asking for, but could be made to have an 'Invite Only' or 'Friends Only' option. 

Regardless, OP already has a few choices: 
Finding a house that nobody uses, and then use that for private conversation.
Switching to something like Channel 6, where nobody ever goes and using the channel chat there.
The best option would probably be a private Teamspeak channel.  TS isn't hard to set up or learn how to use.

Edited by DaftKitteh

https://forums.pokemmo.eu/index.php?/topic/39933-party-chat/(should be enough said) 

however seeing as some people wont be satisfied with just that answer ill elaborate:

this "party chat" as it is called in the link i posted, would be useful.

seeing as not everyone is at the liberty to just change channels or move places (some need/want to farm/ trading requires the liberty to move around)

so making a seperate chat would make it both easier to talk to each other in private but also for those who do not want to leave their team

however seeing as  you have the ability to make alt accounts. you can put your alts together in a team if you so desire or use skype/teamspeak as stated above