Make Characters talk with the follower pokemon.

Kouteshi

Question

16 answers to this question

Well if anyone remembers, the primary function of talking with the follower was to get items that it picked up. So as much as I like this idea, it would kinda make the whole pickup mechanic useless.

That's true but maybe it could give different items that pickup doesn't give.

Would be a nice idea if you think about it

Edited by Kouteshi

That's true but maybe it could give different items that pickup doesn't give.
Would be a nice idea if you think about it

Why would it give different items? In the games when you talked to your follower and it had picked up an item via the pickup ability the item would be given to you this way. It wouldn't make much sense to have two separate mechanics for pickup.

Plus, only poeple with a  Heart Gold or Soul Silver rom can have pokemons following them so it wouldn't be fair that some get a feature while others don't.

You could just make the game have the soul silver rom when u download the game.

Why would it give different items? In the games when you talked to your follower and it had picked up an item via the pickup ability the item would be given to you this way. It wouldn't make much sense to have two separate mechanics for pickup.

Well i like talking to my pokeman friends :P

I think I have an idea. Why not make the download of Heartgold/SoulSilver roms required instead of optional? I mean so many people are not experiencing the true potential of the game. (I am going to keep names private...) Here is an example, I had a friend of mine who has played this game for a while and she didn't know about the follower sprites. She insisted that she would not download it. I communicated with her and she was convinced to download the roms. As a result, she is having the time of her life playing PokeMMO thanks to those follower sprites. I would like for other players to have the HeartGold/SoulSilver rom installed before playing PokeMMO

I think I have an idea. Why not make the download of Heartgold/SoulSilver roms required instead of optional? I mean so many people are not experiencing the true potential of the game. (I am going to keep names private...) Here is an example, I had a friend of mine who has played this game for a while and she didn't know about the follower sprites. She insisted that she would not download it. I communicated with her and she was convinced to download the roms. As a result, she is having the time of her life playing PokeMMO thanks to those follower sprites. I would like for other players to have the HeartGold/SoulSilver rom installed before playing PokeMMO

Yeah i agree this would be really nice.It's really cool to have pokemon folowing us.No reason in particular but for example withouth the folowing sprites the shinys don't make much sense because u can't even show them off.

Roms are copyrighted content and that's the reason why we don't provide them and also why we only require the ones that are essential to the gameplay, that's why the others are optional, because they are ... optional.

Roms are copyrighted content and that's the reason why we don't provide them and also why we only require the ones that are essencial to the gameplay, that's why the others are optional, because they are ... optional.

So when will Pokemon Heartgold's copyright expire?

We are not discussing copyright laws in here or when something will enter public domain. Pereiara addressed a question of why the roms are not provided. That is all the further that needs to be said on the topic.

I completely understand where your coming from. In that sense, wouldn't this suggestion be useless then since there are no intentions of making HG or SS rom required?

I may be wrong about this, but I believe the only item your follower sprite could get was a special leaf, and if you got 5 of those you could make a crown that would count as a ribbon on your Pokémon. Even if it isn't the only think talking to your sprite can do, I remember it was one of them.

I do agree that if this is implemented it makes Pickup dilatory, so here is my compromise:

Talking to your follower sprite should be implemented as extra content (if other people don't want to experience it, that's their choice), and occasionally can give a leaf. If you get 5 of those leaves, we can make an NPC you go talk to, and you could make those 5 leaves into a crown as a vanity item. That way, we still stick to the game mechanic, add more content, and make sure Pickup still has relevance.