GTL - some ideas

MirandaKun

Question

- Make people unable to list bellow 1k, they're losing money.

- Fix the "select all text->unable to delete" on pokemon search ( item search wooks right i think)
ps: number of itens when buying from pokemart works same way. Fix pls

-OT search option ( find old/known comps )

-Put a way to adjust price by decrasing it but with 24h limit to each one.

New:
-Search based on IV Sum

What you think

Edited by MirandaKun

8 answers to this question

- Make people unable to list bellow 1k, they're losing money. how are they loosing money?  i bet u failed math

- Fix the "select all text->unable to delete" on pokemon search ( item search wooks right i think) idk what this is about

-OT search option ( find old/known comps ) wont be happening bro

-Put a way to adjust price by decrasing it but with 24h limit to each one. pro tip, list it just a tad cheaper then everyone else is selling it for

STAFF: Have you guys anticipated any bots to GTL? I've played other games and this seems to be broken if exploited... Well you know the "pros" to exploiters and the "cons" to us plebs bots to GTL? its purely a player based selling/buying system

Edited by GeneralVenican

- Make people unable to list bellow 1k, they're losing money. how are they loosing money? i bet u failed math
-> isnt it fixed min tax 1k? Selling it for 1?

- Fix the "select all text->unable to delete" on pokemon search ( item search wooks right i think) idk what this is about

I want answers from people who use GTL thanks.

-Put a way to adjust price by decrasing it but with 24h limit to each one. pro tip, list it just a tad cheaper then everyone else is selling it for

Basic tip.

STAFF: Have you guys anticipated any bots to GTL? I've played other games and this seems to be broken if exploited... Well you know the "pros" to exploiters and the "cons" to us plebs bots to GTL? its purely a player based selling/buying system

Steam market? Runescape grand exchange? Are you for real?

What you think

- Make people unable to list bellow 1k, they're losing money. how are they loosing money?  i bet u failed math minimum deposit/tax is 1k.

- Fix the "select all text->unable to delete" on pokemon search ( item search wooks right i think) idk what this is about it's just an issue when highlighting text, not like a gameplay fundamental, so not really a suggestion more a bug report

-OT search option ( find old/known comps ) wont be happening bro that isn't up to you, even if you are probably right

-Put a way to adjust price by decrasing it but with 24h limit to each one. pro tip, list it just a tad cheaper then everyone else is selling it for have you ever looked at shiny listings? there's like 30~ max at a time, so shit outta luck if what you have isn't one of those 30 things to have a basis on what to list for, eh?

STAFF: Have you guys anticipated any bots to GTL? I've played other games and this seems to be broken if exploited... Well you know the "pros" to exploiters and the "cons" to us plebs bots to GTL? its purely a player based selling/buying system yes things like this are bottable, but unlikely to be seen on here

just about everything you said was dumb.

just about everything you said was 

- Make people unable to list bellow 1k, they're losing money. how are they loosing money? i bet u failed math
-> isnt it fixed min tax 1k? Selling it for 1?

- Fix the "select all text->unable to delete" on pokemon search ( item search wooks right i think) idk what this is about

I want answers from people who use GTL thanks.

-Put a way to adjust price by decrasing it but with 24h limit to each one. pro tip, list it just a tad cheaper then everyone else is selling it for

Basic tip.

STAFF: Have you guys anticipated any bots to GTL? I've played other games and this seems to be broken if exploited... Well you know the "pros" to exploiters and the "cons" to us plebs bots to GTL? its purely a player based selling/buying system

Steam market? Runescape grand exchange? Are you for real?

What you think

Lel, botting is never gonna happen thanks to captcha + that fee, so pretty unnecessary imo.

This discussion will not be turning into one about whether or not we anticipate people botting the GTL. That information is of no concern to anyone outside of the GM team.

lol thanks for dropping by

Anyways, the 1k minimum tax thing is definitely a problem. As someone who sits on the newest listings page constantly refreshing, I see far too many auctions thrown up for <$1,000 - probably one every 10 minutes or so at the very least. Obviously, with a 1k minimum tax on all listings under 20k (I believe munya confirmed this is the current system in place) it doesn't really make sense to list anything for less than 2k. However, it's very difficult for beginning players to grasp the concept of the 1k minimum tax, as it isn't mentioned anywhere on the GTL layout before you type your price in. This means you have to type in your listing price for the tax to appear, and even then, you have to click outside of the listing bar for it to show up. The problem is, most people's first click outside the listing bar (where you type your price) is to hit the "list" button, and by then it's already too late.

The solution that makes sense to me would be listing 1,000 in the "tax" slot by default, before anything is typed in. In addition, it would probably make sense to add a little more text to that last box, something along the lines of (*Note: Minimum tax is $1,000 for any listing under $20,000).

E: actually, has this been changed? I noticed the "listing fee" is changing to <$1,000 currently when I list for under $20,000. I'd heard it reported from multiple staff members that there was always a minimum $1,000 fee, but if the minimum has been removed then this is a non-issue

Ok so the 1k minimum price only shows up under listing fee when you drag a pokemon over there first. I'll admit that should deter <$1,000 listings, but it isn't working. Maybe adding just a little more description of the minimum tax (or the tax in general) couldn't hurt

e2: what am I saying, the solution is right there in the OP. You shouldn't even allow people to list a pokemon for <1,000

Edited by Gunthug

GTL is fine!!! Just do a comparison of: before GTL/ after GTL and you see there are only good things!!!!

Dont change a thing on GTL, it is flawless here, dont need to spam every 1 minute for "someone" whipers you and have to travel to his/her location.

GTL is fine!!! Just do a comparison of: before GTL/ after GTL and you see there are only good things!!!!

Dont change a thing on GTL, it is flawless here, dont need to spam every 1 minute for "someone" whipers you and have to travel to his/her location.

This thread isn't for a removal of the GTL, just some suggestions. No one is saying it isn't much better than trade chat.

Another thing to add, was the cap ever really considered? I've seen it mentioned, but idk what staff/devs responded with