Make treasure beach spawn random items at the end of each week

Kyokatsu

Question

Deppending on how many yours you've played (not afk) so it isn't given out effortlessy, the prizes should look somewhat like this:

1-2 hours - Poke Balls, Antidotes, Ice Heals, Great Balls

3-5 Hours - Ultra Balls, Stardusts, Pearls, Heart Scales, Deepseatooth/Scale, Premier Balls

6-7 hours - Big Pearls, Star Pieces, Nuggets, Soft Sands, Blue Shards, Mystic Waters

8-10 hours - Swimmear Pants (White), Yellow Shards, Red Shards, Blue Shards, Silk Scarves, Smoke Balls, Thick Clubs, Sticks, Everstones, Metal Coats

10-15 hours - Green Shards, Exp Shares, Leftovers

16+ hours - Lucky Egg (0,5% or so) [okno]

(these are just examples, im not saying it should be exactly like this)

just a additional reward for playing the game, and maybe this could be even better than implementing daily quests since they dont want us to log on just to do them 

15 answers to this question

I like this idea, but I feel that the prizes you suggested would be too much. Maybe replace the Exp. Share, Lucky Egg, and vanity item with something less valuable. Or maybe increase the numbers of hours required to play each week. On the other hand, the devs may not want to implement something like this at all as it could be seen as excluding those players that don't have much free time during the week or rewarding those that do by helping them get ahead even faster (which is going to happen either way. It's undeniable that a player with more time to play a game is going to make more progress than a player with less time to play).

How would the system determine how many hours are afk vs active? As far as I know the system only counts the hours you are online. Not saying that this is a bad idea but having the restriction that you need to have so many active hours seems to be a bit off putting. I do like the idea of treasure hunting but I think thay if the items are to respawn they should respawn for everyone and not just players who meet a certain number of hours.

How would the system determine how many hours are afk vs active? As far as I know the system only counts the hours you are online. Not saying that this is a bad idea but having the restriction that you need to have so many active hours seems to be a bit off putting. I do like the idea of treasure hunting but I think thay if the items are to respawn they should respawn for everyone and not just players who meet a certain number of hours.

The same way the eggs wont hatch if you're not active (dunno how that works either) and the original idea was them respawning to everyone, but then people would have 3091813098 alts to farm them (I mean, they even changed nuggets and star pieces that could be found on the original games to discourage alts), othervise the items would have to be pretty crappy, which isn't the point of this suggestion

Edit: or maybe they could make this a global event so everyone can try to grab a item, but the area is quite small and it would end too quickly (and would require alot of extra coding, to make the items disappear forever once someone picks it)

Edited by Kyokatsu

Edit: or maybe they could make this a global event so everyone can try to grab a item, but the area is quite small and it would end too quickly (and would require **a lot** of extra coding, to make the items disappear forever once someone picks it)

I don't know if this is a good idea. It seems pretty messy and, as you said, would likely require a lot of coding. I think we would end up with groups of people that just sit on the beach and wait for the items to respawn. There would be no chance for other players to get one of the items unless they were waiting, too.

this could be turned into a quest-like feature

once a week you would be required by some NPC to complete a series of tasks (cautch some specific pokemon, breed something, gain money, find some item??)

once you complete the tasks you are rewarded a special pass to the event place (random hoenn island??), this pass is a single use item ofc

in the event place, for a short amount of time (30min??) you could encounter event pokemon (hordes??) and pick up special items (the ones you listed??)

or instead of the pass stuff, by completing the tasks you would re-spawn the treasure island items etc

Edited by axx

this could be turned into a quest-like feature

once a week you would be required by some NPC to complete a series of tasks (cautch some specific pokemon, breed something, gain money, find some item??)

once you complete the tasks you are rewarded a special pass to the event place (random hoenn island??), this pass is a single use item ofc

in the event place, for a short amount of time (30min??) you could encounter event pokemon (hordes??) and pick up special items (the ones you listed??)

or instead of the pass stuff, by completing the tasks you would re-spawn the treasure island items etc

That would be something totally different from what I suggested

That would be something totally different from what I suggested

ya, sorry for hijacking your thread haha

but its kind of unrealistic that they will reward the player just by logging in and occasionally moving around, in this sense a task based reward seems more engaging for both parties

ya, sorry for hijacking your thread haha

but its kind of unrealistic that they will reward the player just by logging in and occasionally moving around, in this sense a task based reward seems more engaging for both parties

Dont think so because it could be abused by alts, unless if the reward is small and/or untradeable but then it would be against the main reason behind my suggestion

Dont think so because it could be abused by alts, unless if the reward is small and/or untradeable but then it would be against the main reason behind my suggestion

either way it can be abused,

i got three pcs, what prevents me from logging in on three accounts to accumulate the same hours as in the main just by standing by and moving?

i mean, if the reward is good enough it would be totally profitable

edit:

to counter your alt argument,

using my original idea, if the server hosts the event at the same time for all the accounts (maybe region based like their so liked bans?) this beats the use of alts

as even if you got several PCs it would be quite a pain to pick-up farm all of them simultaneously

Edited by axx

either way it can be abused,

i got three pcs, what prevents me from logging in on three accounts to accumulate the same hours as in the main just by standing by and moving?

i mean, if the reward is good enough it would be totally profitable

The reward would be just a bonus, since they are items that anyone can get by grinding a little (except for the lucky egg, but if this suggestion passes I doubt they would put it as prize), if you have that much time to spend just moving around in 3 pcs you'd better go fish for shards or something

The reward would be just a bonus, since they are items that anyone can get by grinding a little (except for the lucky egg, but if this suggestion passes I doubt they would put it as prize), if you have that much time to spend just moving around in 3 pcs you'd better go fish for shards or something

the same can be said about the quest-based reward, if you have that much time to do the quests in all of your alts just go fish for shards or something~

the same can be said about the quest-based reward, if you have that much time to do the quests in all of your alts just go fish for shards or something~

nope because it probably wouldn't be that time-consuming and the rewards would have to be better, since grinding 1h to get 40k would be lame, since you can get way more by rebattling npcs

nope because it probably wouldn't be that time-consuming and the rewards would have to be better, since grinding 1h to get 40k would be lame, since you can get way more by rebattling npcs

the idea is that the tasks aren't made just for the sake of grind, you get the tasks done by playing the game (ofc need to define them properly)

this is what beats the alts: a player that gets the reward as a bonus for playing the game vs an alt that gets the tasks done for the sake of obtaining the reward

the idea is that the tasks aren't made just for the sake of grind, you get the tasks done by playing the game (ofc need to define them properly)

this is what beats the alts: a player that gets the reward as a bonus for playing the game vs an alt that gets the tasks done for the sake of obtaining the reward

I dont really get what you mean, if it isn't worthwhile (you'd get more cash from battling npcs, and would be just as time consuming) then what would be the point in implementing this at all?

As I have replied to every variant of the daily reward post. It is a flawed methodology to implement a daily(weekly in this case) reward, as it becomes something to farm and does not keep players in the game. If the goal is to keep players by rewarding them for logging in it does nothing to keep them because player are not quitting due to lack of 50k~. Players are quitting because they do not enjoy competitive battling and grinding to pay for comps. 

Although I do agree with the sentiment of something being more rewarding being at treasure beach. I was quite dissapointed when heading there and only finding antidotes. I understand the gm for not allowing nuggets to be placed all around, but antidotes are quite worthless. At least have them be the untradable rare candies or some useful item.