Pokemon Able to flee

Elliasal

Question

Ok we all know that pokemon can flee from battle, but some pokemon able to flee really don't make any sense. For example, Shuckle; it has the lowest speed of all pokemon and it is the MOLD pokemon. I don't know about the rest of you guys but mold doesn't just go i'm done and walk away. Sure you can argue against it for grass pokemon but coupled with low speed it makes sense. Even if this is rejected i still would like to see yall options on the matter.  

6 answers to this question

Well I Think the answer I or anyone would give you is that there is already a solution to this problem.  Run a catcher with arena trap or mean look when you are catching a pokemon you know is capable of running away.  Its such a rare circumstance that i dont see the devs caring to implement something like this but I personally agree thats its dumb and inconsistent to have only some mons be able to run away.

Edited by Xatu
3 hours ago, Xatu said:

Well I Think the answer I or anyone would give you is that there is already a solution to this problem.  Run a catcher with arena trap or mean look when you are catching a pokemon you know is capable of running away.  Its such a rare circumstance that i dont see the devs caring to implement something like this but I personally agree thats its dumb and inconsistent to have only some mons be able to run away.

I think he means that it's stupid that you can run away with a shuckle or any other slow-ass pokemon, since it can't really be visualized.

But... I mean... imagine a budew attacking a wailord (like the smallest pokemon versus the biggest), or a skitty having sex with a wailord. Part of what makes pokemon great, is that sometimes it doesn't make logical sense.

5 hours ago, Xatu said:

The only time a wild Pokemon can flee from battle (not counting certain legendary Pokemon encounters) is in the Safari Zone. As I'm sure you know, you cannot use Pokemon in the Safari Zone. Also, Shuckle, the Pokemon used in the example, can be found in the Hoenn Safari. I believe this is what he meant. 

Now in response to the OP: The entire point of the Safari is to find and catch rare Pokemon without the help of your own Pokemon. The only way you can fail to catch a wild Pokemon in the Safari Zone is if they flee or you run. The wild Pokemon fleeing is meant to add challenge to an otherwise guaranteed catch.