Lets Give PokeMMO a Real Presence in the Gaming World

Xatu

Question

Ok so the gaming world has always been changing and right now streaming is a huge thing. We should be using all the tools we can to show that we are a force in the gaming community as well.

PokeMMO needs a twitch that streams all official events with commentators.  Esports presence.

Dont trip guys we can easily find volunteers to commentate. Wouldnt it be cool if we heard Desus voice actually talk about his masterpiece. Devs talking would be rare. Most of the time we would have our usual personalities. All proceeds go to the devs an a non-sketchy charity.

A Booth at a large convention.

I know people at comic con sd and with enough planning we could have a booth. To go with this would be merch like shirts, real life kyu hats, and desus labcoats :3 

Real life events, worldwide tour, vgc-like events, and PokeMMOCon 

Have PokeMMO come to a city near you and help connect players in real life as well. A once a year irl event would be awesome.

So using any of these strategies we will increase awareness of PokeMMO, letting everyone know that we exist, and that we might be the greatest video game mod of all time.

Edited by Xatu

21 hours ago, avyie said:

I think it'd be a cool, once-in-a-lifetime experience for those involved, but it does sound risky. It costs money to put up booth-- time taken off of work, transportation, printing any signs, booth merch, promotion, hotels. Even if people volunteer, they're paying for it. And what could pay them back? Volunteers would probably profit more from selling Pokemon fan goods than PokeMMO-specific goods.

Well the booths would be generating money from all the merch and stuff.  We would be actually paying the people.

20 hours ago, Matoka said:

Oh, and please don't jump to the conclusion that we are bullying you because we have different thoughts than you.

Like, seriously no malice, but this suggestion probably has more negatives than positives.

There were other thread where i literally was being bullied so bringing this up means nothing.  Look nobody is being a douchebag in this thread because they know its being monitored. Thats how it should be. 

20 hours ago, Spaintakula said:

1. Bestfriends recorded quite a lot of officials/interviews/etc and we're still here. Can't believe I actually said that.

2. Comic con is a weeb convention. Hate to say it, since I'm a fucking nerd overall, but it is. I'd understand going to A convention, but that's it, just so I pass my turn.

3. Lol, do you really believe they're gonna make multiple conventions just so they can let people meet up and have fun? How long have you been here, don't you know fun is forbidden?!?

Either way, people really need to stop crappy threads like these, honestly. The suggestion itself isn't original, nor is this game that unique to actually have a presence big enough to make an impact on the gaming world. If there was a chance for that, and a chance means more money, then the higher ups would've been all over it and you wouldn't have to suggest it. Game's been alive for what, 4-5 years now? And you really think it's gonna make an impact now?

1. Ok that was in the past, were talking about the future.

2. Ok once again i work/live next to comic con.  its nota weeb convention.  its more video game than weeb.

3. True.

Yo this thread isnt crappy and dont pretend like my suggestions arent original or you wouldnt have even bothered posting in here.  Yeah itsbeen around for 4 years and its ever-changing.  Now more than ever is a goo time to stretch out into the e-sports community.

@Bestfriends

It doesnt have to be a massive event.  It could simply be a meetup page at first connecting people with a few players in their local area.  A once a year party at a masonic temple that we rent out wouldnt be too crazy to comprehend either.

1 hour ago, Noad said:

I feel like the point made about streaming officials is perhaps definitely something that could be developed. Currently tournaments lack that community feel that they once had, so maybe that would be a nice way to bring it back. 

Lets start holding tryouts then, and register a "PokeMMO Official" channel.  Its not hard to setup a stream so why wait?  We can stream on youtube and twitch simultaneously.

3 hours ago, Noad said:

I feel like the point made about streaming officials is perhaps definitely something that could be developed. Currently tournaments lack that community feel that they once had, so maybe that would be a nice way to bring it back. 

@Noad I would like to leave the streaming market open to anyone who wants to stream, I just do simple YouTube videos. I mean not to say that I could do this in the future, but as of right now, I'll leave the streaming market open.

Spoiler

Noad, you have a nice voice, why don't you do a stream?

Edited by Bestfriends
3 hours ago, Xatu said:

1. Ok that was in the past, were talking about the future.

And hasn't the past taught you that it also wouldn't work if it happened again?

2. Ok once again i work/live next to comic con.  its nota weeb convention.  its more video game than weeb.

Fair enough, but conventions in general are mostly weeaboo, and you can't really say there aren't any at comic con either. Ugh fuck bold sucks.

3. True.

Yo this thread isnt crappy and dont pretend like my suggestions arent original or you wouldnt have even bothered posting in here.  Yeah itsbeen around for 4 years and its ever-changing.  Now more than ever is a goo time to stretch out into the e-sports community.

@Bestfriends

It doesnt have to be a massive event.  It could simply be a meetup page at first connecting people with a few players in their local area.  A once a year party at a masonic temple that we rent out wouldnt be too crazy to comprehend either.

I've met awesome people irl thanks to this game, I also know other people who've done the same. Point is, if people were that keen on meeting up or something like that, it probably already happened or is gonna happen, with you having no impact over it.