Sweet scent: The fix pls.

Upon testing it, being the derp I am, I noticed that sweet scent takes PP from every pokemon in the party that has the move.

IE: If I have 4 Tropius in the party, and one uses sweet scent, all 4 tropius have 5 PP deducted from the move, instead of just the one that used the move

Was wondering if this could possibly be looked into, and maybe changed so that they are not all linked? Therefore I can spend less time running back and forth to the PC. Makes it a lot easier for the whole population of people that hunt pokemon, or shinies in general. Thank you for reading and considering.

***EDIT****

Allowing them to be unlinked = more time hunting = more happy players = no bullshit, just games

That would be a good idea and make EV Training less time consuming but  that would make the feature they added (5 PP deducted from the move) pointless.

Edited by EeveeMarkable
emegerd save our jobs ;-;
1 minute ago, EeveeMarkable said:

That would be a good idea and make EV Training less time consuming but  that would make the feature they added (5pp per sweet scent use) pointless

how would it be pointless exactly?

not many people have the time to grow berries nor the money to buy them

2 hours ago, EeveeMarkable said:

That would be a good idea and make EV Training less time consuming but  that would make the feature they added (5 PP deducted from the move) pointless.

PP deduction would not be useless, as you still get the -5. You just have multiple sweet scent'ers with you so that you dont have to spam ether/max ether(Which becomes extremely expensive, and hunting doesnt always have results), or running back and forth to PC extremely frequently(which becomes tedious, VERY FAST)

22 minutes ago, CastielsWolf said:

how would it be pointless exactly?

not many people have the time to grow berries nor the money to buy them

Here is how I see it. They made the sweet scent move 5 PP to uhm make life harder? (I'm sorry if that was straightforward) Well maybe they did this feature to give job opportunities to EV Trainers instead of the move sweet scent consuming 1 PP. So Unlinking them will most likely bring that feature to waste. If you are gonna suggest this wynaut just suggest them to make the PP Consumed 1 PP. They made that feature so that we could put use of the Max Ethers something like that (Money Sink).

"not many people have the time to grow berries nor the money to buy them" about dis... idk how we got there honestly I thought we were just talking bout sweet scent thingy

It was a good idea btw I am supporting this keep it up I'm just showing my points ;)

Edited by EeveeMarkable

wait.......shit confuse hang on

i understand what TheRandomn is saying which is: if you got 6 pokemon with sweet scent and you use it only once you lose 30pp instead of just 5pp

which is why i asked the question i did, and i think thats where the misunderstanding is

its not the linking of the 5pp per pokemon that he's worried about it's the loss of the 30pp through-out the entire team

..........not sure if that makes anymore sense or not

2 minutes ago, CastielsWolf said:

wait.......shit confuse hang on

i understand what TheRandomn is saying which is: if you got 6 pokemon with sweet scent and you use it only once you lose 30pp instead of just 5pp

which is why i asked the question i did, and i think thats where the misunderstanding is

its not the linking of the 5pp per pokemon that he's worried about it's the loss of the 30pp through-out the entire team

..........not sure if that makes anymore sense or not

Here's an explanation

Linking

6 Pokemon with sweet scent = 120 PP = 20 PP sonce the whole team is linked divided by 5 = 4 uses

Without the linking

6 Pokemon with sweet scent = 120 PP divided by 5 = 22 Uses

Now what he wants is to remove the links of all pokemon that has sweet scent through out the team to take advantage of that uses and to save time when EV hoarding

I dont get that 30 PP thingy

2 hours ago, EeveeMarkable said:

Here's an explanation

Linking

6 Pokemon with sweet scent = 120 PP = 20 PP sonce the whole team is linked divided by 5 = 4 uses

Without the linking

6 Pokemon with sweet scent = 120 PP divided by 5 = 22 Uses

Now what he wants is to remove the links of all pokemon that has sweet scent through out the team to take advantage of that uses and to save time when EV hoarding

I dont get that 30 PP thingy

Not EV hoarding, EV'ing was nowhere in my mind when I created the thread. It was a quick thought because I'm hunting for certain pokemon with a find rate that isn't exactly in my favor. But yes, morale of the story is unlink for more uses so we dont have to spam ether/max ether or spam PC runs, like I am currently doing

2 hours ago, Desu said:

This is not a bug, this is an intended balance decision.

We would like to balance around the assumption that a player only has one instance of the skil instead of balancing around a player who has 5.

I'm sure someone would eventually get fed up with having to spam runs back and forth, try to carry 2 sweet scent'ers and get pooped on by this "balance"

2 hours ago, Champlooo said:

They don't want eving to be stupid easy, and the way it is now is fine. Sweet scent makes every ev about as fast as HP already was.

But for those who arent using it for EV training, and are actually hunting a pokemon, it's a complete pain the in ass. You can either nab max ether off of GTL for 6k a pop, and since it has the -5 PP, move is gone again within 2 minutes. Do the math on that one. 1hr=60 mins. If PP lasts 2 minutes(being generous on time) Then you're still dropping 180k/hr for some pokemon hunting and not everyone has that kind of cash. Or you can spam run back and forth to PC and back to your spot. Sometimes PCs may not be nearby, and for someone hunting shinies using donator status, their time is wasted bc believe it or not that run time adds up rather quickly.

5 minutes ago, TheRandomn said:

I'm sure someone would eventually get fed up with having to spam runs back and forth, try to carry 2 sweet scent'ers and get pooped on by this "balance"

But for those who arent using it for EV training, and are actually hunting a pokemon, it's a complete pain the in ass. You can either nab max ether off of GTL for 6k a pop, and since it has the -5 PP, move is gone again within 2 minutes. Do the math on that one. 1hr=60 mins. If PP lasts 2 minutes(being generous on time) Then you're still dropping 180k/hr for some pokemon hunting and not everyone has that kind of cash. Or you can spam run back and forth to PC and back to your spot. Sometimes PCs may not be nearby, and for someone hunting shinies using donator status, their time is wasted bc believe it or not that run time adds up rather quickly.

If you don't have that kind of cash, then you hunt pokemon the good old fashioned way. What? You're not making an argument. And just because YOU wouldn't use it for eving, doesn't mean other people wouldn't. Either grind money to afford leppas, grind you some leppas, or do 1 encounter at a time.

God I'm really bored as shit, idk what I'm arguing against this ass suggestion. I hope it gets implemented.

Edited by Champlooo
  • 2 weeks later...