Implement Prism Scale for Milotic

Bestfriends

Question

fcfb10eb3c5f3aed88d884470ed83aa2.pngImplement Prism Scale for Miloticfcfb10eb3c5f3aed88d884470ed83aa2.png

7e5797d63b78dd1c97e1a222a1e95dc4.png

I would like to make the lives of the PokeMMO developers much easier. I know there are mixed feelings about what I am about to say, but my belief is that PokeMMO was meant enhance communication with players instead of Pokemon's version of "America's Next Top Model." Since I am not a huge fan of Pokemon Emerald's beauty pageant I am going propose an alternative plan that was implemented in generation 5, implement the Prism Scale. I would safely assume the whole purpose of PokeMMO is communication and trading a prism scale would help enhance the message of gaining new friends. I researched a question that perplexed me all these years as a Pokemon enthusiast, "why does Nintendo put a heavy emphasis on evolution via trading?" According to my research, Nintendo wanted to enhance communication with its player base which is a good thing. I think PokeMMO should put a much heavier emphasis on the communication aspect rather than implementing "America's Next Top Model."

How can we acquire the Prism Scale in game?

I have a couple of some plans on how to implement this prism scale. Since the developers of PokeMMO put a heavy emphasis on effort, I have some plans under my sleeve.....

6a0457d488963948715ce301153ce373.png

Plan A) Implement the Prism Scale in the Battle Frontier's Prize Corner for 2,600 BP.

aad866f483a7272a67f1456d832a0b52.png

Plan B) Talk to the curator of the Art Museum in Lilycove City. I have a script in mind for him....

Curator's Script: "Why hello young artist in the making! I want to decorate these paintings with DeepSeaScales. Do you mind if I ask you to give me 30 DeepSeaScales? I will reward you with some of my precious Prism Scales I aquired over the years. Do you want to give me 30 DeepSeaScales?"

There should be a box that lets you answer either yes or no.

If yes: "Thank you young artist in the making! Here is my token of appreciation."

If no: "Its okay, I'll find another alternative to help make this painting stand out."

92e89bfb76f919412afa8226f1771ff8.png

Plan C) Communicate with this fisherman in Pacifidlog City. I have a sample script for him as well....

Fisherman: "Hello, I caught some fish with some unusual scales. I was having a chat with an expert in scales and I found out my scales are super rare! I'll let you have one of my prism scales for just $80,000! Do you want to buy one of my super rare scales?"

Put a box that lets you answer either yes or no.

If yes: "Enjoy one of my super rare scales!"

If no: "I am sorry to take up your time. Have a nice day."

What are the approximate repercussions for implementing the Prism Scale?

Each of my plans have some sort of grind factor in them meaning that the implementation of this scale with one of my plans would boost productivity for individuals that do not care about competitive play (except for Plan A). If Plan B is implemented, then we can expect some growth in people who would like to shard grind, knowing that each item they receive is a win-win situation. If Plan C is implemented, then this would encourage newer players to pay PokeYen for an item that will help them in their quest to complete the dex.

Concluding Points:

Here are some points I would like for everyone to take home:

• I approximate a sudden boost in player morale in the sport of grinding for a reward of completing the dex which will lure players into the art of the grind.
  • As of right now, we don't have a real lure in the game to make us want to grind more. We usually have people who are extremely frustrated and disenfranchised with the game due to the grind. We need a straight forward reward so that way players can get the satisfaction of completing their dex and eventually, a satisfaction in seeing what else they can grind for.
  • This Prism Scale implementation could bring back some of the older player base and overall increase PokeMMO's popularity.
  • One final point, I would like to enhance communication with fellow players by evolving their Feebas via trading while holding a prism scale.
Edited by Bestfriends

9 answers to this question

Things like this have been suggested before and have been denied as it has been confirmed that Milotic will be available through contests similar to the handheld Ruby / Saphire / Emerald games and not through alternative methods, such as Prism Scale, water stone etc.

Contests are likely to be released in one of the future large updates, and hopefully they will be added sooner rather than later.

32 minutes ago, Matoka said:

Things like this have been suggested before and have been denied as it has been confirmed that Milotic will be available through contests similar to the handheld Ruby / Saphire / Emerald games and not through alternative methods, such as Prism Scale, water stone etc.

Contests are likely to be released in one of the future large updates, and hopefully they will be added sooner rather than later.

I would like to ask, can you link some of the prism scale posts I missed? I love to have some threads to look at. I am sure that most of these treads your referring to either lack a grind plan or a description on how to incorporate a grind. I don't want PokeMMO to turn into America'sNextTopModelMMO. That show was a nightmare for my eyes and these beauty pageant contests would actually kill my appetite in completing my dex. PokeMMO's main purpose is communication and a beauty pageant would kill the communication factor.

Edited by Bestfriends
22 minutes ago, Bestfriends said:

I would like to ask, can you link some of the prism scale posts I missed? I love to have some threads to look at. I am sure that most of these treads your referring to either lack a grind plan or a description on how to incorporate a grind. I don't want PokeMMO to turn into America'sNextTopModelMMO. That show was a nightmare for my eyes and these beauty pageant contests would actually kill my appetite in completing my dex. PokeMMO's main purpose is communication and a beauty pageant would kill the communication factor.

I believe the suggestions were not for prism scale but similar alternative ideas

The reason they were denied is because Milotic is planned to be introduced with Contests, that reasoning is applicable to Prism Scale as an alternate method too, I am very confident that this is the case however If someone proves my memory to false then so be it.

Also I would not describe pokemon contests as "Beauty Pagents" as pokemon are never judged by their physical appearance but by a new type of stat and what moves they have, its not "What looks the prettiest, please cast your votes at home now by Dialling 90123485!"
I would rather think of them as an alternative form of competition other than battling, it relies on using an entirely different effect for each move and various other mechanics, And honestly its a refreshing change of pace and provides an alternative method of gameplay than battling that some people would prefer

I don't understand how the implementation of an entire new method of gameplay would kill communication when there will be tons of people communicating on how it works, who has berries they use for pokéblocks and who wants to berry blend with them, I actually think it would improve communication

Also why is one of your counter arguments "I bet those suggestions didn't include grind"? Isn't that a good thing?

Edit: Here is a screenshot of a response from staff:

43f5fa2676ad4b339e95f3d14c10f056.png

Edited by Matoka
27 minutes ago, Matoka said:

I believe the suggestions were not for prism scale but similar alternative ideas

The reason they were denied is because Milotic is planned to be introduced with Contests, that reasoning is applicable to Prism Scale as an alternate method too, I am very confident that this is the case however If someone proves my memory to false then so be it.

Also I would not describe pokemon contests as "Beauty Pagents" as pokemon are never judged by their physical appearance but by a new type of stat and what moves they have, its not "What looks the prettiest, please cast your votes at home now by Dialling 90123485!"
I would rather think of them as an alternative form of competition other than battling, it relies on using an entirely different effect for each move and various other mechanics, And honestly its a refreshing change of pace and provides an alternative method of gameplay than battling that some people would prefer

I don't understand how the implementation of an entire new method of gameplay would kill communication when there will be tons of people communicating on how it works, who has berries they use for pokéblocks and who wants to berry blend with them, I actually think it would improve communication

Also why is one of your counter arguments "I bet those suggestions didn't include grind"? Isn't that a good thing?

1. I knew of someone who was a big fan of America's Next Top Model. On the program, they would demand models to "pose" for the camera. I feel like these pagents or competitions are in a way "modelling off your pokemon's poses when they do a 'Fire Blast' or a 'Sludge Bomb.'" I could imagine the judges saying, "nice pose Muk, but you need to open your mouth wider and then they give you a 4 because of Muk's performance." The stats in the official game are aspects of a model, "Cool, Smart, Beauty, etcetera" male or female. For people who love modelling, I am sure there are Modelling MMOs out there.

2. It would kill communication because it would make people interact with NPCs with simplistic text like "I am better than you! Catch me if you can!" If you play in the competitive scene, there is a more "human" feel to it. Instead of simplistic text given by NPCs, you'll have a player tell you during a battle: "Is that all you got! Be prepared to face the power of Pokemon AURA!" I think "Is this all you got Frags? Pokemon AURA would smash you!" is much more exciting to watch than "I am going to win, your going to lose!" I mean I love the human aspect of PokeMMO and that's why I love this game.

3. The reason why I mentioned grind in my counter argument is because the developers want us to work hard for our goods. I was proposing a "soft" way to introduce newer players to the grind system. Psychologically speaking, it would encourage people to do further grinding for further rewards. This is what I call the "luring method" or trying to show people how much of a reward you get the more you grind. If you don't think what I am saying is pertinent to the suggestion, I am going to throw in an analogy within a question... "Do you love french fries?" It may be a simplistic question, but mental answer is: "once you eat one Fry, you'll end up eating the whole bin of Fries." Think of French Fries like PokeMMO grinds, once you eat one fry, your going to work to gain more and more goods. Overall, I think PokeMMO lacks that lure which makes newer people quit due to lack of motive.

4. Pereiraa saying that Feebas will evolve via contest does not mean that its the only way Feebas is going to evolve and thats that. If this is the case, I am going to have to re watch Pokemon's Next Top Model, but I hope the developers throw in an alternative for anyone who would not want Pokemon to evolve via contest.

Edited by Bestfriends
clarification
14 minutes ago, Bestfriends said:

1. I knew of someone who was a big fan of America's Next Top Model. On the program, they would demand models to "pose" for the camera. I feel like these pagents or competitions are in a way "modelling off your pokemon's poses when they do a 'Fire Blast' or a 'Sludge Bomb.'" I could imagine the judges saying, "nice pose Muk, but you need to open your mouth wider and then they give you a 4 because of Muk's performance." The stats in the official game are aspects of a model, "Cool, Smart, Beauty, etcetera" male or female. For people who love modelling, I am sure there are Modelling MMOs out there.

2. It would kill communication because it would make people interact with NPCs with simplistic text like "I am better than you! Catch me if you can!" If you play in the competitive scene, there is a more "human" feel to it. Instead of simplistic text given by NPCs, you'll have a player tell you during a battle: "Is that all you got! Be prepared to face the power of Pokemon AURA!" I think "Is this all you got Frags? Pokemon AURA would smash you!" is much more exciting to watch than "I am going to win, your going to lose!" I mean I love the human aspect of PokeMMO and that's why I love this game.

3. The reason why I mentioned grind in my counter argument is because the developers want us to work hard for our goods. I was proposing a "soft" way to introduce newer players to the grind system. Psychologically speaking, it would encourage people to do further grinding for further rewards. This is what I call the "luring method" or trying to show people how much of a reward you get the more you grind. If you don't think what I am saying is pertinent to the suggestion, I am going to throw in an analogy within a question... "Do you love french fries?" It may be a simplistic question, but mental answer is: "once you eat one Fry, you'll end up eating the whole bin of Fries." Think of French Fries like PokeMMO grinds, once you eat one fry, your going to work to gain more and more goods. Overall, I think PokeMMO lacks that lure which makes newer people quit due to lack of motive.

You know you don't have to take part in a pokemon contest ONCE in order to evolve Feebas right? you literally just have to feed it Pokéblocks and level it up after you have fed it enough Blue Pokéblocks so pokemon contests seeming like Pageants to you will not have any influence on your gameplay if you don't wanna do them.

Developers do not want to add more grind to the game, they want to add more content to the game to have us entertained, and add more interactive things that are difficult (note, I said Difficult, not time consuming) so that people can feel a sense of accomplishment with earning their pokemon or items

Your interpretation and head canon of what pokemon contests is your own however I would call that a stretch to call contests Beauty pageants at all since they are nothing alike apart from being a contest of some kind

Also, few people talk to their opponent mid-match unless they were already friends or they are commenting about some horrendously unlikely RNG or one player is trash talking the other, I don't try to talk to my opponents in matchmaking often and my opponent talks to me less so, so saying competitive battling is full of communication is also a bit of stretch to me

Also I can make food analogies about game design too:

Grinding is the equivalent of being forced to eat 3 raw potatoes in order to get your bodies nutrients for the day, it is required and mandatory and really isn't very fun. No one will be impressed with you eating your daily recommended amount of nutrients

Satisfying game content is the equivalent of putting time and passion into cooking a delicious meal that tastes that much better because you can say with a grin at the end
"I made this delicious dish!" and your friends would also be impressed to see that you made it

Edited by Matoka

Welp, like most player of the server would be like for shorter way to evo milotic by prism scale than going into beauty conest over and over again. Its just evolving, not fuckin achivement or something. Let the players got easy way to evolve and beauty consetants have their contest and everyone is happy.

Devs could add prism scale or add additonal usage on deepsea scale(same way as to evolve clamperl).

Edited by Qaztin
16 minutes ago, Qaztin said:

Welp, like most player of the server would be like for shorter way to evo milotic by prism scale than going into beauty conest over and over again. Its just evolving, not fuckin achivement or something. Let the players got easy way to evolve and beauty consetants have their contest and everyone is happy.

Devs could add prism scale or add additonal usage on deepsea scale(same way as to evolve clamperl).

As long as there is an alternative, that's all that counts.

52 minutes ago, Qaztin said:

Welp, like most player of the server would be like for shorter way to evo milotic by prism scale than going into beauty conest over and over again. Its just evolving, not fuckin achivement or something.

The evolution does not work that way, it requires that you raise it's Beauty stat using blocks and then it will eventually evolve.

Furthermore, this method gives berries further desire and use; which is a plus for the games economy.

4 minutes ago, Darkshade said:

The evolution does not work that way, it requires that you raise it's Beauty stat using blocks and then it will eventually evolve.

Furthermore, this method gives berries further desire and use; which is a plus for the games economy.

Your making my point for me, DeepSeaScales need a plus in the economy as well. People trash those things. Now if you do not want it to affect Milotic's evolution chain, I have the solution....