Trainer Class Tags

DashBlacK

Question

This is to add more so to the end-game content. Basically we can be rewarded for our feats in the Trainer Tower or Battle Frontier in addition to the negligible BP amount.

You can start off with basic tags that could be purchased for about 50k or so. This would display before your username in place of the team tag or after the team tag and before the username. Or maybe give the player a chance to choose what they want displayed and how so.

Basic tags:

Beauty -> purchasable in Celadon

Biker-> purchasable in Fuschia

Bird Keeper -> ? 

Bug Catcher -> purchasable in Pewter

Fisherman -> purchaseable in Lavender

Hiker -> purchasable in One Island

Juggler -> ?

Sailor -> purschasable in Vermillion

Scientist -> purchasable in cinnabar

Swimmer -> ?

etc.

Quest tags:

Blackbelt -> earned when you beat the fighting dojo and other trainers in the gym in Saffron in difficult 6x6 tournament mode battle.

Champion -> For completing E4 second time. Beating E4 in Kanto, allows you to use this tag only in Kanto. Same for Hoenn.

Pokémon Trainer -> For getting all badges. All badges in Kanto allows you to use this tag only in Kanto, Same for Hoenn.

Rocket Grunt -> Awarded with purchasing Rocket Uniform.

Leader -> For being leader of a team. Goes away when no longer a leader of a team.

Pokemon Breeder -> Awarded by old man after breeding about 5 times.

Battle Frontier tags:

Young Couple -> male/female link battle 1 successful completion.

Cool Couple -> male/female link battle 5 successful completion.

Ace Duo -> link battle 5 successful completion.

Arena Tycoon -> x amount of wins in applicable mode.

Pyramid King -> x amount of wins in applicable mode for male.

Pike Queen -> x amount of wins in applicable mode for female.

Trainer Tower tags:

Cooltrainer -> x amount of wins in a row.

Expert -> x amount of wins in a row, more than ^

Ace Trainer -> x amount of wins in a row, more than ^

Purchasable for BP:

Gentleman

Lass

PokeManiac

Super Nerd

Pokefan

Rocket Executive

Dragon Tamer

Magma Admin

Aqua Admin

Magma Leader

Aqua Leader

Ninja Boy

This is just a basic idea of trainer classes, there are more trainer classes available here: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Category:Trainer_classes

There can also be one ultimate class, maybe something like PokeMMO Champion, which only one player in the whole game could hold. It could be treated like the Mewtwo/Rayquaza event. However, it wouldn't be ideal to have the holding trainer accept all battles ALL the time. There would be an immunity period of lets say 7 days, where they cant lose it at all. But once those 7 days are over, there could be an announcement leading to an instant tournament creation, and the winner of the tournament will be awarded the title for the next 7 days.

These tags however, are to be treated like vanity items, have monetary value and are tradeable, maybe except for PokeMMO Champion.

Also, your team name that displays, could be turned into a tag as well that you earn when you join a team. And you lose it when you leave a team, so this could give us an option to possibly even hide the team tag and use an alternative tag.

Edited by DashBlacK

6 answers to this question

18 hours ago, BigShotJoe said:

If possible, it'd be cool if our in-battle sprite changed to match the trainer class we were currently using.

I believe that eventually Darkshade plans to have our in-game battle sprites in some form reflect our cosmetics which we have equipped, however I think this was mentioned a very long time ago so I no longer know if it is still planned (or if I am remembering correctly)

If they are used in the overworld, I believe that tags should go before the username but after the team tag, example: [Tiam] Dragon Tamer Matoka

However I think it might be best to only display these upon entering a battle:
"Dragon Tamer Matoka wants to battle!"
"You have defeated Dragon Tamer Matoka!"

etc

This would be a nice new thing to collect, other tags you haven't listed could possibly be:

Fossil Hunter Matoka (Hand in 1 of every fossil item to be restored)

Professor Matoka (Complete the OT pokedex)

Coordinator Matoka (Contest related (Soontm)

Also I don't think the tags should be gender restricted, people are already a little annoyed about some things being gender restricted and I wouldn't be that bad to allow both gendered characters to use all tags

Hope this makes it in, would be more customization and more stuff to earn which I always enjoy.

3 hours ago, Matoka said:

I believe that eventually Darkshade plans to have our in-game battle sprites in some form reflect our cosmetics which we have equipped, however I think this was mentioned a very long time ago so I no longer know if it is still planned (or if I am remembering correctly)

If they are used in the overworld, I believe that tags should go before the username but after the team tag, example: [Tiam] Dragon Tamer Matoka

However I think it might be best to only display these upon entering a battle:
"Dragon Tamer Matoka wants to battle!"
"You have defeated Dragon Tamer Matoka!"

etc

This would be a nice new thing to collect, other tags you haven't listed could possibly be:

Fossil Hunter Matoka (Hand in 1 of every fossil item to be restored)

Professor Matoka (Complete the OT pokedex)

Coordinator Matoka (Contest related (Soontm)

Also I don't think the tags should be gender restricted, people are already a little annoyed about some things being gender restricted and I wouldn't be that bad to allow both gendered characters to use all tags

Hope this makes it in, would be more customization and more stuff to earn which I always enjoy.

Of course. And it does help the "end-game" issue by adding some kind of content/mini-quests to earn those tags.

7 hours ago, Matoka said:

Well, it wouldn't make much sense to have "Aroma Lady Joe" or "Cue Ball Sally". Some of them should be gender-specific, but have an equal number for both genders.

1 minute ago, BigShotJoe said:

Well, it wouldn't make much sense to have "Aroma Lady Joe" or "Cue Ball Sally". Some of them should be gender-specific, but have an equal number for both genders.

To be honest, it shouldn't matter. If Joe wants to be Aroma Lady, power to him.

4 minutes ago, DashBlacK said:

To be honest, it shouldn't matter. If Joe wants to be Aroma Lady, power to him.

Joe kinda wants to be an Aroma Lady >.>

Spoiler

Seriously, the Hoenn Aroma Ladies are actually very pretty. Kanto Aroma ladies just look weird.

Spoiler

Lasses look like uguus :x