"Recently Sold" Option on GTL

FuzzyRegirock

Question

My suggestion is an added tab that shows the recently sold items of your specifications. For example, if you are selling a kyu hat and you want to know how much one would pay for it, but there aren't enough listings on GTL to get an estimate, you can see the kyu hats that recently sold and the price at which they sold at.  This could also work with various pokemon if you specify a species and an IV range, and see the listings that sold prior to correctly price your pokemon.

6 answers to this question

5 minutes ago, Retricus said:

instead of that we cud either add..the Want Price button?

like we can set a poke and set a price to buy it 

so if anyone is selling a poke.he cud check the To Buy list and then decide what to choose.. ;)

thats not even close to what I just suggested

19 minutes ago, Sleepy said:

Id say this comes back to the whole Value discussion thing  Then everyone will be like i want x amount because every sale went for that

Value discussion is not permitted on the forums, it is allowed in game obviously, this suggestion only affects in game listings so that shouldn't be an issue

With supply and demand, basic economics, even if they saw recent sales it simply gives you a rough idea of what it sells for on average which is nice for some rarer items, like the aforementioned Kyu hat.

Even if everyone tries to sell their Kyu hats for the same price due to this feature they all won't sell for exactly that much because of how supply and demand works, the demand for Kyu hats will vary from day to day depending on how many people are looking to buy them and supply (on GTL anyway) will usually either be none or 1-2 kyu hats, this suggestion as far as I'm aware shouldn't have any other significant effect except for giving people some degree of awareness to how much something is worth so they don't undersell their stuff too harshly.

People WILL still undersell items that they wanna sell ASAP because Reasons.

I'd like to see this in game anyway.

Edit: If possible you could do something similar to Steam Market's recent sold thing, they have a graph that shows how much stuff sold so you can see if prices are going up and going down, plus it looks neato, dunno how hard it'd be to do tho.

Edited by Matoka
Just now, Matoka said:

Value discussion is not permitted on the forums, it is allowed in game obviously, this suggestion only affects in game listings so that shouldn't be an issue

With supply and demand, basic economics, even if they saw recent sales it simply gives you a rough idea of what it sells for on average which is nice for some rarer items, like the aforementioned Kyu hat.

Even if everyone tries to sell their Kyu hats for the same price due to this feature they all won't sell for exactly that much because of how supply and demand works, the demand for Kyu hats will vary from day to day depending on how many people are looking to buy them and demand (on GTL anyway) will usually either be none or 1-2 kyu hats, this suggestion as far as I'm aware shouldn't have any other significant effect except for giving people some degree of awareness to how much something is worth so they don't undersell their stuff too harshly.

People WILL still undersell items that they wanna sell ASAP because Reasons.

I'd like to see this in game anyway.

Oh dont get me wrong, i would love to see it,  Im just saying that might be way it isnt added