Blocking Suggestion

Hotarubi

Question

So when you block someone.

They are able to login to an alt character and still message you.

I'm requesting that you allow us to block a character on an account. However I'm requesting that when you block a character one an said account that it also includes all other characters on that account.

I wish this is possible. I included some feedback as this is exactly what i'm looking for.

• No whisp from main
  • No whisp from alt  from main acc
  • No whisp from alternative accounts from same comp thus ip 
  • No whisp from another comp in the same network
  • No whisp from from that same troller
  • No whisp spamable in general in the same 10 seconds!

Feedback plz?

Edited by Hotarubi

2 minutes ago, Hotarubi said:

Anyway to be clear I've experienced this same thing.

In multiple different languages not just spanish.

I feel this is a tiny bit off topic.

This has to do with individual blocking not a gross generalization.

Block the individual speaking a language you don't understand, not the general public who may possibly speak more than one language.

or something that moves them automatically in the spanish chat. but ye kinda offtopic

18 minutes ago, Munya said:

I'm not sure where I stand on the IP one, I have known some people at one point in time under the same roof sharing the same internet where one I would have loved to block and the other I may not. Account should be as far as it goes unless theres someway to differentiate between players on the same IP.

Yes, indeed in 1 network (1+ users using same 1 router in or out of the same floor) more than one ip's share the same connection and thus they all share the same dynamic (or static...cant even remember)it would not be ur fault tho if indeed 2 ppl were living in the same house and 1 of em were violating rules by harrassing a player, they could instead the A stop being a troll for the sake of the other, those are thier problems to solve to, if they rly do live under the same roof that is, altho there are ways to bypass the ip's restriction (VPN's etc) if not bored enough to do it and have the proper knowledge to do so, if u know...oh well i wrote to much xD.

P.S: Btw in my house we are using 4 ppl the same router=Me, bro neighbor down apartment (sometimes for fb etc. not pokemmo games etc dont worry xD duh) and my roommate (um the one that pays the bills...muhaha >.> jk).

Im only guessing that if the forum is hosted by scratch...im guessing would be a pain in the neck for the web developer to even bother to add a modification like this in order for us to by able to block trolls via ip unless its hosted via another service and there are tools in the admin creator panel of the forum (only the creator who step his foot in the site can do this, unless he gave the rights to someone else etc.) in order to click a button and poof! but i doubt it eh? oh well doesn't matter seems from the info below anyway, i would not want to put additional work to a person shoulders here just for an option like that altho would be awesome if his willing to do it on his own.

Weeell rather than all that, for the time being support tickets is a good alternative :) and if someone is persistant...

jpeNtjR.jpg?2sFm4ZSz.jpg?1

IMO I believe that a block account option would be a great idea because having to make another account just to troll someone wouldn't be worth it, and they would probably find something better to do with their time. That being said I also agree with Munya about the whole IP block idea because it can be unfair to someone who shares the same IP who did nothing wrong.

1 hour ago, Hotarubi said:

What if,  consistently those users also speak english?

Blocking a language will never be a thing beyond turning that language off in that users settings but in response to those that consistently speak english, they should be speaking that in the english chat and when they wish to speak spanish or whatever other language they should switch to the language appropriate chat.  A command exists for such reasons.

/lang

3 minutes ago, Munya said:

Blocking a language will never be a thing beyond turning that language off in that users settings but in response to those that consistently speak english, they should be speaking that in the english chat and when they wish to speak spanish or whatever other language they should switch to the language appropriate chat.  A command exists for such reasons.

/lang

i've had plenty of cases in which ppl flame u when u tell them stuff like "could you atleast talk english". nd then they act "why should we stop talking in spanish". I mean i always block these ppl but it's not the stuff i want to see and do after a hard day of work. i know the channel chat isn't relaxing in any way most of the times but there's only one thing which i dont want, and thats seeing other languages than english in the EN chat. i know this stuff is kind of offtopic but i still hope for a solution and if u want to i can start a new thread to discuss it there.

10 minutes ago, 1unity1 said:

i've had plenty of cases in which ppl flame u when u tell them stuff like "could you atleast talk english".

I've literally never had a situation where I've asked someone to use the Spanish channel to speak Spanish, and have them go "okay buddy, sorry."

100%, absolutely every encounter has been something unpleasant. People don't like being asked nicely to do something.

Just now, FiveMagics said:

I've literally never had a situation where I've asked someone to use the Spanish channel to speak Spanish, and have them go "okay buddy, sorry."

100%, absolutely every encounter has been something unpleasant. People don't like being asked nicely to do something.

ikr thats my point, and i simply don't want to experience this kind of stuff after work

On 9/12/2016 at 0:50 PM, Hotarubi said:

Back to square 1 obviously it's much needed the improvement to the blocking system.

How about more feedback from staff.

Is this possible to be  implemented?

I like more feedback plz.

I still want improvement to this.

Security and privacy not to mention peace could be found for many players via improvement to this system.