1st team around Umbreon

Hi, i am kinda new to pvp in pokemons.
And i need your help to build 1st OU competetive team (i don't want to waste time and poke$ just to fail :c)
I love umbreon design, and i want to use it in team.
I did breed him to Hp 30, Defence 29, sp.def 31, speed 29 IV's
I tried to look up on google to find in which teams umbreon was used, but i failed.
Can you help me to build the team?

On 25/09/2016 at 2:31 AM, Kentsuki said:

What NU should i use? Can you suggest me smth?

start with OU, lol and umbreon is decent, just annoying af to deal with so they advice people not to make, cause stallers... are not fun to play against, yet they advice you curselax which is 10 times worse, in terms of being ridiculous if he gets rolling, overall I find him good, although I hate people that use him and breloom, with passion.

Also, those Ivs are not enough to make umbreon work imo, he needs hp/atk/def/sp.def other stats are not required. There's some ways to build him

Setup umbreon careful - used to setup a few water pokemons

252 hp + 252 sp.def usually

Protect

wish

Toxic

rain dance

staller umbreon careful - people use him to be annoying, don't be this guy, testing it right now... it's obnoxious to fight against, just do like me, test once, see why it is ridiculous annoying, move on, don't be a staller.

252 hp + 252sp.def or 252 hp + 252 def(mixed wall staller, testing this one.)

Protect

Wish

toxic

mean lock 

Pursuit staller careful - annoying, but less annoying, if you predict a switch you can leave some damage with pursuit on them

252 hp + 252 sp.def 

Pursuit

Wish

toxic

protect

Cleric staller careful - out of all I find this the less annoying and the best utility wise

c

252hp + 252 sp.def

Pursuit/Toxic

Wish

Protect

Heal Bell

Curse umbreon careful - think it isn't used much, never used to not sure about the build, but I'd be guessing is something like this, although if it gets rolling.. pursuit is stab, he will hurt if you try to switch... a LOT.

252hp + 252 sp.def

pursuit

Wish

Protect

curse

Edited by redspawn

First of all this is only my idea ,

You use Umbreon and Weezing as 2 main Defensive core

Umbreon goes for Special.Atk absorb Wall  (Careful 252 Sp.def / 252 HP)
Wish / bite or Pursuit / Curse / Heal bell

Weezing goes for Physical.Atk absorb Wall (Impish 252 Def / 252 HP)

Pain Spit / Toxic or Sludge-bomb / Flamethrower / Haze 

other than that You should have 1 Physical Sweeper + 1 Special Attack sweeper + 1 Bulky + 1 more 

it's up to you now (read Bush OU guide forum for some ideas)

2 minutes ago, kajerng said:

First of all this is only my idea ,

You use Umbreon and Weezing as 2 main Defensive core

Umbreon goes for Special.Atk absorb Wall  (Careful 252 Sp.def / 252 HP)
Wish / bite or Pursuit / Curse / Heal bell

Weezing goes for Physical.Atk absorb Wall (Impish 252 Def / 252 HP)

Pain Spit / Toxic or Sludge-bomb / Flamethrower / Haze 

other than that You should have 1 Physical Sweeper + 1 Special Attack sweeper + 1 Bulky + 1 more 

it's up to you now (read Bush OU guide forum for some ideas)

Lax as sp.def wall please 

14 minutes ago, Faiyad said:

Lax as sp.def wall please 

Yes, it can be

but Umbreon and Weezing are matched well 

Weezing weaks in Psychic type move , Umbreon 0 damage from Psychic

and of-course it's only my idea, I'm not good that much in PvP

but hey we can have 2 Sp.def wall in the team right ? and both Lax and Umbreon and set up as physical sweepers too

with Curse move

Edited by kajerng

I tryied cleric as many way and the best set that I came up for preventing a setup bait.

Careful 252 sp.def +enough hp/def to survive 2x trapinch superpower.

Pursuit

Heal bell

Yawn 

Moonlight

Can be pretty good if you build a spike team around it

Edited by Thunderprime
  • 2 weeks later...
On ‎28‎-‎09‎-‎2016 at 10:12 AM, redspawn said:

start with OU, lol and umbreon is decent, just annoying af to deal with so they advice people not to make, cause stallers... are not fun to play against, yet they advice you curselax which is 10 times worse, in terms of being ridiculous if he gets rolling, overall I find him good, although I hate people that use him and breloom, with passion.

No, Umbreon is shit. It should only be used in BP teams but Baton Pass is banned here.

It's not even a good staller, it's setup bait to basically any Poison/Steel Type, Guts users or just anything that can setup and Rest (DD Kingdra, Curse Snorlax/Swampert, etc)

Curselax on the other hand can wall special attackers and sweep through whole teams at the same time, and that's why you should run one instead of Umbreon

11 minutes ago, LifeStyle said:

No, Umbreon is shit. It should only be used in BP teams but Baton Pass is banned here.

It's not even a good staller, it's setup bait to basically any Poison/Steel Type, Guts users or just anything that can setup and Rest (DD Kingdra, Curse Snorlax/Swampert, etc)

Curselax on the other hand can wall special attackers and sweep through whole teams at the same time, and that's why you should run one instead of Umbreon

you clearly never saw that mean look curse umbreon that swept zebra in semi?-finals

9 hours ago, LifeStyle said:

lol like you can make sure of which moveset he has right? And yes he's good. Ofc Guts user will do wtv theywant, but guess what? They already do to any status problem lol it's not like it just appeared now. 

Also, you speak of that, then you speak of curse, and DD, by your words, those are useless, as a simple Haze or whirlwind/roar renders them useless. I want to see you fight a mixed wall umbreon with mean lock after lets say a magneton locks and kills your so loved steel wall forre/skar or even your meta.

20 minutes ago, redspawn said:

lol like you can make sure of which moveset he has right? And yes he's good. Ofc Guts user will do wtv theywant, but guess what? They already do to any status problem lol it's not like it just appeared now. 

Also, you speak of that, then you speak of curse, and DD, by your words, those are useless, as a simple Haze or whirlwind/roar renders them useless. I want to see you fight a mixed wall umbreon with mean lock after lets say a magneton locks and kills your so loved steel wall forre/skar or even your meta.

Roar/Mean Look/?/? is your Umbreon set? Sounds like a match winner

> Implying I can't just run Shed Hull Skarmory

Again, Umbreon is shit. Ask any good comp player cuz you're clearly getting your "knowledge" from randoms

Edit: Forgot to mention in my other post, even pretty much every Sub/Taunt Poke beats Umbreon, tell me Umbreon is good again

Edited by LifeStyle
6 hours ago, LifeStyle said:

Roar/Mean Look/?/? is your Umbreon set? Sounds like a match winner

> Implying I can't just run Shed Hull Skarmory

Again, Umbreon is shit. Ask any good comp player cuz you're clearly getting your "knowledge" from randoms

Edit: Forgot to mention in my other post, even pretty much every Sub/Taunt Poke beats Umbreon, tell me Umbreon is good again

meanlock toxic wish protect lol never said roar on it. And ofc taunt tbh beats most walls anyway, so that argument is invalid. No sub won't protect you of curse umbreon, nor does anyone play with umbreon vs a sub, think this arguments are no brainers. Either way.. to each, their own.

On 9/28/2016 at 6:22 AM, Thunderprime said:

I tryied cleric as many way and the best set that I came up for preventing a setup bait.

Careful 252 sp.def +enough hp/def to survive 2x trapinch superpower.

Pursuit

Heal bell

Yawn 

Moonlight

Can be pretty good if you build a spike team around it

^ does yawn go through sub? if so this might be good

13 hours ago, redspawn said:

meanlock toxic wish protect lol never said roar on it. And ofc taunt tbh beats most walls anyway, so that argument is invalid. No sub won't protect you of curse umbreon, nor does anyone play with umbreon vs a sub, think this arguments are no brainers. Either way.. to each, their own.

The problem with umbreon is that it gives way to many OU pokes free switch ins, most of which being extremely popular mons. Then given the sets you have listed neither really help with this cause. Using meanlook + toxic doesn't really help since everything that switches in to umbreon will beat it regardless, mean look in almost every case other than a chansey switch is doing pretty much nothing, lax, meta, skarm, magneton, forre, ursa, hera, venu and so on all still destroy it and meanlook doesn't really do much. In curse umbreons case that set is pretty bad tbh, in the current meta people are using lots of counters to curselax and inherently these counters are also incredibly strong or even stronger vs umbreon, meanwhile umbreon poses such a low amount of offensive pressure so you can very easily let it get off a curse or 2 and not really have to worry.

With baton pass banned the reasons to use umbreon are very limited which is mostly to pursuit trap and to cleric. For these aspects umbreon gets completely outclassed by Snorlax and Chansey respectively as well as being a far weaker special wall than them in general.

For the most part umbreon really has no use in the current OU meta due to having very predictable and non threatening move pools that are set up bait for a lot of the primary OU mons that will punish it hard. The amount of tempo you lose just for having this mon on your team is incomprehensible. For the OP: There are plenty of NU mons that are quite frankly better to build a team around than Umbreon for OU, don't waste your time with this abomination.

2 hours ago, Rendiz said:

The problem with umbreon is that it gives way to many OU pokes free switch ins, most of which being extremely popular mons. Then given the sets you have listed neither really help with this cause. Using meanlook + toxic doesn't really help since everything that switches in to umbreon will beat it regardless, mean look in almost every case other than a chansey switch is doing pretty much nothing, lax, meta, skarm, magneton, forre, ursa, hera, venu and so on all still destroy it and meanlook doesn't really do much. In curse umbreons case that set is pretty bad tbh, in the current meta people are using lots of counters to curselax and inherently these counters are also incredibly strong or even stronger vs umbreon, meanwhile umbreon poses such a low amount of offensive pressure so you can very easily let it get off a curse or 2 and not really have to worry.

With baton pass banned the reasons to use umbreon are very limited which is mostly to pursuit trap and to cleric. For these aspects umbreon gets completely outclassed by Snorlax and Chansey respectively as well as being a far weaker special wall than them in general.

For the most part umbreon really has no use in the current OU meta due to having very predictable and non threatening move pools that are set up bait for a lot of the primary OU mons that will punish it hard. The amount of tempo you lose just for having this mon on your team is incomprehensible. For the OP: There are plenty of NU mons that are quite frankly better to build a team around than Umbreon for OU, don't waste your time with this abomination.

Agree on a bit of that, although, the first paragraph.. it applies the same principle of predictions, Consider it a Block Lapras strategy with perish song, instead you are bulkier, have more survivability and therefor can carry the strategy to the end. Ofc it wont work in every situation, yet I also doubt a snorlax vs a trick of a specs starmie for example would do much aswell. Curse umbreon has niche uses, also agree on that, but it's viable for late game fights or pp stall fights imo. Sadly yeah, the lack of  baton prevents him from using full potential, and is also true that as he gets outclassed by snorlax... hell, guess what...that thing can outclass even some sweepers with a choice band... he's ridiculously strong, Chansey on the other end, compared to umbreon I'd rather have umbreon, sounds more useful, to many counters to chansey nowadays who also pressure the switch in on her. Although that also applies to umbreon but has more bulkiness imo.

Edited by redspawn