Eviolite Ivysaur

Hey folks! I'm a big believer in personally using my favourite pokemon on my team. Ivysaur is up there as one of my faves, moreso than Venusaur. I was wondering what the most competitively viable moveset etc would be for an eviolite Ivysaur. Is it viable? Thanks in advance for any help! 

The biggest issue that even with Eviolite there are much better and bulkier lower evolutions that can utilize Eviolite much better than Ivysaur. Competitively speaking there is literally no reason to use Ivysaur over Eviolite Roselia, even in the lowest of tiers which for PokeMMO will be the Neverused tier. And besides that there just are better options for bulky Grass/Poison types while the Bulbasaur line barely has anything specific that makes them notable in later generations.

Buut since it's your favorite Pokemon and I assume you wanna try it let me help you to come up with a moveset that makes the most sense to me.

Calm nature, 252 Sp. Def, split HP and Defense EVs

Moveset: Leech Seed, Synthesis, Giga Drain, Sleep Powder/Toxic

Item: Eviolite

Basically your main utility move is Leech Seed, which is highly useful move to support your team. Ivysaur has a low base HP which makes it kinda ideal for Leech Seeding in a way because the HP recovery percentage it gets is quite nice. Synthesis is to make sure your Ivysaur doesn't just die after any 3 hits, Giga Drain is useful for further recovery. I also think a Status move is a necessity and for that you can decide whether you want Sleep Powder or Toxic more. Ivysaur makes a somewhat decent Toxic setter with 100% accuracy for it while Sleep Powder can give nice extra turns.

Good luck.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.