Shiny % from Breeding

41 minutes ago, redspawn said:

I'm curious tho, show me screenshots or anything, were you/someone, didn't low ball someone and got the shiny breeders for cheap, and sold a comp with profit. Only one I can say I made profit was on a gyarados, and was due to random nature. edit: sounds like I tried to attack you, sorry for that, just curious, cause I've bred 8 shinies so far, profit was null, and I even got some breeders for pretty low values in GTL.

Try breeding higher value shinies. Buying a 5m gyra or a golem and spending 1-3x initial value then trying to get that back out isn't smart.

18 minutes ago, awkways said:

golem

ok golem it's a given it's a lost, I did it as I was bored and mineral breeders are well.. rather easy to find and I really liked to use him as a lead in gen3.

18 minutes ago, awkways said:

Try breeding higher value shinies

I thought about doing it, several times, started a heracross back when they were 20m, almost, by several occasions thought about buying a houndour to start breeding last year(2016), gave away a half bred breloom(so spent what? 21m on it, it was rather cheap, maybe 7m in breeders, I'm pretty positive I wouldn't recover that cash), I still don't see any profit in doing so. People who collect higher value shinies, collect them for being shinies, and some even like the fact that they have a OT, and a date/place, a comp shiny zard, will hold the same value as a non comp, as it mostly sought after as a simbol of wealth for example, plus high tier shiny comps have an unstable market. I just can't see it man.

Edited by redspawn
5 hours ago, redspawn said:

ok golem it's a given it's a lost, I did it as I was bored and mineral breeders are well.. rather easy to find and I really liked to use him as a lead in gen3.

I thought about doing it, several times, started a heracross back when they were 20m, almost, by several occasions thought about buying a houndour to start breeding last year(2016), gave away a half bred breloom(so spent what? 21m on it, it was rather cheap, maybe 7m in breeders, I'm pretty positive I wouldn't recover that cash), I still don't see any profit in doing so. People who collect higher value shinies, collect them for being shinies, and some even like the fact that they have a OT, and a date/place, a comp shiny zard, will hold the same value as a non comp, as it mostly sought after as a simbol of wealth for example, plus high tier shiny comps have an unstable market. I just can't see it man.

I'll just put this nice and simple for you: Just because you've never been able to profit out of breeding up a shiny, doesn't make it impossible.

Your personal experience does not = the experience of every other player and never will. And no, before you begin, you don't need to trick anyone. With shiny breeding mechanics, you generally get great rolls and in my experience usually find an applicable nature along the way. Plain and simple a shiny is more valuable with great stats and nature, especially more expensive ones. If you can' t sell it at a higher value after greatly improving stats or you wasted too much money on breeders, well, that part's on you.

5 hours ago, redspawn said:

a comp shiny zard, will hold the same value be more expensive than a non comp

ftfy

34 minutes ago, awkways said:

I'll just put this nice and simple for you: Just because you've never been able to profit out of breeding up a shiny, doesn't make it impossible.

Your personal experience does not = the experience of every other player and never will. And no, before you begin, you don't need to trick anyone. With shiny breeding mechanics, you generally get great rolls and in my experience usually find an applicable nature along the way. Plain and simple a shiny is more valuable with great stats and nature, especially more expensive ones. If you can' t sell it at a higher value after greatly improving stats or you wasted too much money on breeders, well, that part's on you.

then as I said, I want to see your experience, I want you to breed something, sell, and show me how much cash you spent and how much you got from selling it. You know what I meant by tricking, I meant in a more harmful way, which is what a LOOOT of people do, go after noobs who got a shiny and lowball the heck out of them. No, you wont find a nature along the way most of the time, the rolls are still 1/27 chance. And no you generally wont get more for a ''comp zard'' than for a non comp, you'll probably lose your investment, obviously you might get a few extra Ms, but the core is, it wont cover the investment most likely. Now you could argue something, OU shiny comps, will sell for more, ok I can see a point there, yet considering lets say 1x31 in most main stats, worth 3M, you will generally lose cash unless random nature comes along. 

But hey, to each their own, you have your experience which apparently somehow is different than mine apparently, I just want to see you actually making profit while breeding, genuinely curious. I might start breeding my mamoswine soon, I will not sell it, but I'll keep track of every breeder, minus the smeargle or cubchoo that's the egg move, and if you want I'll give you every detail about every breeder I buy, and lets see how you'd do it differently.

Edited by redspawn
4 minutes ago, redspawn said:

I might start breeding my mamoswine soon, I will not sell it, but I'll keep track of every breeder, minus the smeargle or cubchoo that's the egg move, and if you want I'll give you every detail about every breeder I buy, and lets see how you'd do it differently.

Ill tell you right now: I wouldn't breed a 5m or less shiny and then expect to be able to make any kind of profit.

9 minutes ago, redspawn said:

the rolls are still 1/27 chance

Shiny breeding 2 stats will always max. Assuming that you brace the other 2 IVs that's a 50% chance for each of the remaining IVs to get a high roll (2/4 un-braced). If you chose to carry nature and only brace 1 IV, 2 IVs still max and 3 don't so 2/5 un-braced = 40% chance each IV will max. I'd say that's pretty good chances for high rolls.

I don't have to show you shit to tell you that it's possible to breed without losing money, but since you're so desperate for an example: I sunk 7m total into breeding what was already a decent IV female Ampharos. In *2* breeds made it into this Mareep:

fqQKnUr.png

I mention the species because as you (should) know just getting it from Ampharos to Mareep increases value by around 5m.

Total I made over 10m pure profit.

As I mentioned, it took careful planning, finding the right breeders and a LOT of patience. That breed, although only 2 breeds total, took me months to actually execute. If you're curious, I spent the 7m on a male raticate and female arbok.

I don't believe that's possible to do with any common shiny such as gyra mamoswine onix, pelipper, machop ect. If you choose to breed something like that then yea, expect to lose money, just don't assume the same thing goes for everyone.

Again, just because you've never been able to profit out of breeding up a shiny, doesn't make it impossible. End of discussion. Thx for playing.

9 minutes ago, awkways said:

I might start breeding my mamoswine soo

like I said, I'm doing this for myself, not for sale, I'm talking about the breeders itself, I want to see what would you do differently.

Ampharos to Mareep

well that's a given, first evos usually go for more.

As I mentioned, it took careful planning, finding the right breeders and a LOT of patience. That breed, although only 2 breeds total, took me months to actually execute. If you're curious, I spent the 7m on a male raticate and female arbok.

so this is what you call a comp, with that kind of ivs? 30 sp.atk and stuff? I'm talking about real comps, not stuff with 30s or even 20s/28s on important stuff, obviously this is cheap lol.

Total I made over 10m pure profit.

well, like I said market is not stable, and evne then whoever bought it, is crazy. But yeah, lets end the discussion, I don't even consider that a final breed with that kind of ivs, nor will many, most of what I've done is usually 2x31 on important stats, 3x27+ on others, and for you to only spend 7m, considering you speak of arbok, which sells for 3.5-5m, probably even more now due to dragons hype, something there is missing. Lets agree to disagree, and end it here.

Edited by redspawn