[Denied] Fixing chat cooldowns

So basically, I say something in Trade chat such as "LF Shiny diglett."

I switch to channel chat to respond "Hello Nova."

I get an error message saying, "Channel messages can only be sent every 7 seconds. Please wait 22 seconds."

I think the cooldowns should be dissociated one from another if possible.

So basically, I say something in Trade chat such as "LF Shiny diglett."

I switch to channel chat to respond "Hello Nova."

I get an error message saying, "Channel messages can only be sent every 7 seconds. Please wait 22 seconds."

I think the cooldowns should be dissociated one from another if possible.

The timers are global for a reason.

maybe lower it like 10 seconds? but then again viscious wud just say "diglet dig diglet dig trio trio trio" faster for like 5 consecutive hrs ....><

You just contradicted yourself in your own post.

As to the main topic, I don't see a big problem with how the cool down is set. I've noticed this problem myself and it didn't exactly hinder me playing the game. If the developers made it like that purposely there must have been a reason.

It is quite annoying posting on trade chat then being unable to use channel chat for quite some time. I wouldn't mind if you could post on trade chat and then if you switch to channel chat you gotta wait just the 7 second cooldown of that chat.

^this

"It may have been programmed for a reason" I know I should trust the devs but this is a reason I'd like to know of.

I mean, maaaaaybe it wasn't on purpose.

Because this. "Channel messages can only be sent every 7 seconds. Please wait 22 seconds." Burns my eyes and brain.

It is quite annoying posting on trade chat then being unable to use channel chat for quite some time. I wouldn't mind if you could post on trade chat and then if you switch to channel chat you gotta wait just the 7 second cooldown of that chat.

I think this is the optimal solution.