[Official] Petit Cup

Strych

Problem with 64 people is that the last time they tried it, half of them didn't bother to show up. And there wasn't enough Reserves to cover the missing half. So they had to drop it to 32.

Either way you do it, there's going to be an immense flaw. The only solution is to probably do 2 of each Tier Tournament a month. And allow each player only one entry into either Tournament. This way it lets people have two attempts at signing up and prohibits the first Tournament's entrants from signing up for the second.

Only problem with THAT logic is that it promotes Alt Accounts. But I assume Staff can do IP Checks and whatnot even though those aren't very reliable either.

Fact is, you just have to hope you're lucky enough and on proper time to sign up. Can't blame anyone else for it.

[quote name='Strychnine' timestamp='1359864559' post='182015']
The signup time has been listed for close to a week. The players who were committed to competing registered correctly and at the right time.

I do not see how this is "unfair" in any way. Every player had exactly the same opportunity to secure a spot. This is the best way to do signups. No bias, no 'small signups at random times' that only get announced 10 seconds beforehand.
If you have a feasible solution that you think would work, send me a PM and I may consider it for a future tournament.
[/quote]

except that the sign up time listed wasnt the time people started to sign up

"hey cool 1 minute until sign ups i'll refresh my page at exactly 7 and be one of the first ones in" wait wut everyone signed up at 6:58 and 6:59-which is [i]not[/i] the time listed for weeks

im not mad people got in before me that was bound to happen but at least get the forum and IRL time synced

[quote name='Chestbrah' timestamp='1359871995' post='182174']
im not mad people got in before me that was bound to happen but at least get the forum and IRL time synced
[/quote]
I have no control over this. I suggest you PM someone like Gizmo or Squirtle.

We do all signups based on forum timestamps because that's the easiest way to do it.

[quote name='Strychnine' timestamp='1359872241' post='182176']

I have no control over this. I suggest you PM someone like Gizmo or Squirtle.

We do all signups based on forum timestamps because that's the easiest way to do it.
[/quote]

yeah I know its not your fault, its really no ones fault just the forum's time is messed up

bottom line though is the sign up time listed and the actual sign up time weren't the same which put everyone at a disadvantage

"hey cool 1 minute until sign ups i'll refresh my page at exactly 7 and be one of the first ones in" wait wut everyone signed up at 6:58 and 6:59-which is [i]not[/i] the time listed for weeks

[/quote]

Have two windows open with two different threads open. One for the sign-ups, one in Off-Topic. Post in Off-Topic 2-3 minutes prior to Registry Openings. Sync your PC time with the Forum Post Time on the Off-Topic thread. Proceed to use that time.

Boom.

[quote name='TLKV3' timestamp='1359872923' post='182183']

Have two windows open with two different threads open. One for the sign-ups, one in Off-Topic. Post in Off-Topic 2-3 minutes prior to Registry Openings. Sync your PC time with the Forum Post Time on the Off-Topic thread. Proceed to use that time.

Boom.
[/quote]

shouldn't have to do this, just seems excessive

oh well live and learn

[quote name='Chestbrah' timestamp='1359873313' post='182190']
shouldn't have to do this, just seems excessive

oh well live and learn
[/quote]

I don't see how it's excessive. If you want to compete, you'll do what you have to.

Fact is, not everyone is going to get a chance. Tough luck. That's how it goes.

[/quote]
I timed it perfectly, I knew the server was 2mins 17 seconds late so I posted then. Thats why I got 3rd, Im sorry that You didnt get in :( It wouldve been fun to fight you brah!

[quote name='Strychnine' timestamp='1359864559' post='182015']

The signup time has been listed for close to a week. The players who were committed to competing registered correctly and at the right time.

[/quote]What makes you think I didn't prepare for this? So all my work has been pointless because I live in Finland and have massive time difference to yours and couldn't come on at the exact minute? This is the worst way for sign-ups when it was obvious that everybody wanted to join.

[quote name='majorharper' timestamp='1359865890' post='182066']
Everyone should have an oppourtunity to participate in tournaments. And this is isnt going to be our only petite tournament. Please keep an eye on the forums for more tournaments in the future. But logisitically each tournament has to have some kind of sign up limitation, otherwise they'd never end.
[/quote]
You can just make a time limit instead major..

[quote name='Lios' timestamp='1359899429' post='182505']
How about next time don't give us a week notice for sign ups, that way people don't "camp" out for it.
[/quote]No. Allow us to applicate for the contest 1 week before it starts, where we have to tell why we should be taken in etc etc. Then choose from those the 32 you want in.

[quote name='Lios' timestamp='1359899429' post='182505']
How about next time don't give us a week notice for sign ups, that way people don't "camp" out for it.
[/quote]

They did that and people [b]complained[/b] about how only the guys spending 24/7 hours at the forums would see this and only those in correct time zone would get in.

They then tried to do with surprise groups of registration with 5-10 signups per time and people [b]complained[/b] about how it was just the 24/7ers who would find the right time and get the signups.

They then set a greater group of registration (62 signups) and half the people signing up didn't even show and people still were [b]complaining[/b] about how they ended up been reserves so far behind and never even showed up.

They now did announce a week before the signups would open and explain the rules it would follow the forum time and what timezone it would be in and how many would get a slot. People still [b]complained.[/b]

Bottom line, people will always complain. Matter in fact people complain more in this MMO than they do at big concerts which also announce time and date for when the ticket sales will open and people don't get through when calling constantly from half hour before until half hour after and then they get told it is already sold out and have been for 25 minutes now.

Please, if you find the way they do registration for these officials unfair, don't ever become a fan of any big bands, and for love of god, do not attempt to attend one of their concerts. Doing so would probably make you write 5 articles in the local newspapers about how unfair it is that you don't get your spot in the concert and how they should organize it so you get a special invitation next time rather than having the same chance as everyone else to attend. Maybe just not announce when they will open ticket sales and have someone calling you about how it just opened so you can get the ticket before anyone else know.

Yes this is what you are suggesting.

[quote name='Vanhiz' timestamp='1359900128' post='182513']
No. Allow us to applicate for the contest 1 week before it starts, where we have to tell why we should be taken in etc etc. Then choose from those the 32 you want in.
[/quote]

Popularity contest? that sounds fair.

"OMG my girlfriend wrecked my car at my own birthday and now I also got a call from my homie saying he cant come over as he got a real nice touch with this girl, well guess who it turned out to be? My gf, you guessed right. So now I sit here alone at my birthday searching the forums of this MMO and I find this post so please, let me in. You can let it be my birthday present from you."

"I won this and that tournament and I am now ready to also show that they were not just flukes, let me in and I will do to best of my ability to show how I can adapt to any tiers you can come up with. Oh and I love how the variety of these tournaments goes, thankyou for hosting for them. They are the main reason I even play this game. :D"

"I donated 500 $ and I will donate 500 more if you let me in. Please, shiny farfetch'd is my favourite shiny and have ever been. I always use normal farfetch'd as my follower but Shiny would just be so much cooler"

"I just heard I have cancer and would die in 2 months, my dieing wish is just to participate in a tournament before I die. Please devs, can you make a dieing mans last wish come true? Thank you for hosting this, I love ya all, I will miss ya."

"Oh my god, I have played 3000 hours and still havent found a single shiny, at least give me the chance to fight for one so I can have a chance to at my shiny farfetch'd"

"Oh shiny farfetch'd! I got one the other day but I then left the computer on while going for a snack, when I came back, I saw my brother releasing him and now I have nothing. Please give me a chance to make up for that now with letting me fight for this one. I promise I wont let my brother release it"

"Hey hoster, I live down the street from you and I know you and everything, what about letting me in? I am your best friend for 10 years now anyway and you know that story about the girl? I am not telling if you letting me in ;) . Cool we got a deal. Sign me up"

"Hey I don't really got an awesome reason like all those guys above me, I am not dieing, my girlfriend did not break up with me and Farfetch'd is not my favourite shiny. I am not some extraordinary player that win all the tournaments, I do not know you hoster and I don't got 1000s of $ to donate to you. I am just a regular who likes to play this game and I would like to try enter a tournament. Any chance you could still let me in? Oh well, at least I tried."

Yeah this is a great idea...

[b]TL:DR[/b] People will always complain, doesn't mean that it is a better solution without errors and sometimes life is just unfair. Lets not make it more unfair so it fits our own position better. You also had a week to put out your concerns about the way this registration would be. I didn't see much concerns back then.

[quote name='Vanhiz' timestamp='1359900128' post='182513']
No. Allow us to applicate for the contest 1 week before it starts, where we have to tell why we should be taken in etc etc. Then choose from those the 32 you want in.
[/quote]
They would never 'choose' who they want.
A random name in hat selection [b]could[/b] work if that's what you meant.

[quote name='fany' timestamp='1359905133' post='182586']
if you really wanted to join the tournament, then you would've found a way to be awake around the time of registrations.

i've signed up for tourneys where i had to wake up 2 am and 4 am in the morning.
[/quote]I was out with my friends, for me friends are much more important than videogames

[quote name='Vanhiz' timestamp='1359908746' post='182653']
I was out with my friends, for me friends are much more important than videogames
[/quote]
Then stop complaining. I couldn't make it too and I was training all day but who cares. That's life gets used to it kid.

[quote name='fany' timestamp='1359905133' post='182586']
if you really wanted to join the tournament, then you would've found a way to be awake around the time of registrations.

i've signed up for tourneys where i had to wake up 2 am and 4 am in the morning.
[/quote]

I was out eating with my family :(

I don't care much though.