I can't beat Misty with Chameleon

Hello! You have Bellsprout and Oddish at Route 24 (above Cerulean), you can also proceed to Vermilion and folow to the Route 11 where you can fight some more trainers if you need some extra levels and find wild Magnemites as well. I would recommend not doing S.S.Anne before beating Misty, so you can save the trainers there for some level up before Lt.Surge if needed, but that's a matter of preference. I hope this helps you!

just make sure you're not underleveled, for one. this will apply to all future gyms.
you can get by with being underleveled in the real fire red, because the enemy AI will often pick random moves.

but in pokemmo, they will always pick the most effective move to kill you fast.

so if you're thinking "i'm usually able to kill lt surge at level 20 in fire red, this is weird that i'm losing so much", well, expect to require higher levels this time around!

• 4 weeks later...

This is probably one reason why I pick Bulbasaur as my starter in Kanto. It destroys both Brock and Misty using Vine Whip/ Razor Leaf or Seed Bomb. It resists Lt Surge's electric type attacks and can barelly defeat Erica and Koga. The main problem is Sabrina and Blaine, 2 gym leaders with super effective attacks. Then we have Giovanni, who is easy as well