[Implemented] Intimidate warning

Even tho intimidate is not working, I think it would be convenient that it triggered a message saying that it lowered the opponent`s attack (same mechanics as when Ttar comes into play and the sandstorm message is broadcast). Reason why is quite simple, for pokes such as arcanine, not knowing what hability it has is quite a disadvantage. If the message was shown we would know that it has indeed intimidate, and thus we could WoW, or use fire attacks on it in case we dont have anything more convenient to hit it with. As it is now, there is no way of knowing if it has FF, and we risk wasting a turn trying to hit it with fire.

[quote name='xLuKeYx' timestamp='1360244774' post='188341']
Perhaps you would like to know the nature, IV's, moveset, held item and EV spread at the start of a battle too?

It doesn't happen for a reason, leave it at that. Not a good idea at all.
[/quote]
Huh? A reason? What are you talking about? In ALL G3+ official games, whenever a pokemon with Intimidate joins the battle the game tells you it has it ,..

[quote name='KurapikaET' timestamp='1360245626' post='188362']

Huh? A reason? What are you talking about? In ALL G3+ official games, whenever a pokemon with Intimidate joins the battle the game tells you it has it ,..
[/quote]

It was a shitty idea then too, it shouldn't be in any of the games.

[quote name='xLuKeYx' timestamp='1360246222' post='188376']
It was a shitty idea then too, it shouldn't be in any of the games.
[/quote]

U wot m8? Both players are notified whenever a stat change occurs with either pokemon, via moves like Swords dance, Leer, etc... Why would there be an exception with one ability?

[quote name='DarkPlague2863' timestamp='1360247513' post='188399']
U wot m8? Both players are notified [color=#ff0000]whenever a stat change occurs with either pokemon, via moves like Swords dance, Leer, etc... Why would there be an exception with one ability?[/color]
[/quote]
Even more, whenever an ability activates its effect(s) during battle the game tells you. No exception for this, why would there be an exception with one ability?

EDIT: Inb4 someone presents an exception I couldn't think of and then I look like a dumbass, hehe! :D
EDIT 2: [spoiler]Exceptions: Battle Armor, Chlorophyll, Compoundeyes, Early Brd, Guts, Huge Power, Inner Focus, Natural Cure, Pure Power, Run Away, Sand Veil, Serene Grace, Tinted Lens ... etc etc. Fuck! -_-'[/spoiler]

[quote name='DarkPlague2863' timestamp='1360247513' post='188399']

U wot m8? Both players are notified whenever a stat change occurs with either pokemon, via moves like Swords dance, Leer, etc... Why would there be an exception with one ability?
[/quote]

Swords dance and leer are moves, not abilities. IIRC, it is the only ability that triggers any such warning, which was unfair to begin with. Pokemmo can do without it.

[quote name='xLuKeYx' timestamp='1360247881' post='188408']
Swords dance and leer are moves, not abilities. IIRC, it is the only ability that triggers any such warning, which was unfair to begin with. Pokemmo can do without it.
[/quote]

I really don't care about it being a move or an ability or an item or anything else. All permanent stat changes are made known to both users. Always.

Edit: Actually let's take this a step further. How is it "unfair" for the user that their ability is revealed, but not "unfair" for the opponent when they are not alerted about a stat change?

Edit 2: Other abilities have such warnings as well. Mold Breaker, Trace and Frisk right off of the top of my head.

[quote name='Munya' timestamp='1360249090' post='188432']
It should be in the game yes, but I would just suggest waiting until the effect actually works.
[/quote]
It should at least give the "INTIMIDATE skill is not fully implemented" message imo. Because, it keeps you confused since it doesn't trigger nor does it return the "skill not implemented" message. Also, as the OP said, the error message will at least help you identify if certain pokes have Intimidate or a different ability (like Growlithe/Arcanine), mainly helpful in PvP and while hunting.

[quote name='KurapikaET' timestamp='1360250057' post='188450']
It should at least give the "INTIMIDATE skill is not fully implemented" message imo. Because, it keeps you confused since it doesn't trigger nor does it return the "skill not implemented" message. Also, as the OP said, the error message will at least help you identify if certain pokes have Intimidate or a different ability (like Growlithe/Arcanine), mainly helpful in PvP and while hunting.
[/quote]

Or you should have to check since anyone who has intimidate would then be at a massive disadvantage if they weren't already, it would be telling your opponent hey, I have a broken ability.

[quote name='xLuKeYx' timestamp='1360247881' post='188408']
[/quote]
your just as bad as brucewayne plsgo
on topic, agreed if its in FR/LG it should be here to :)

[quote name='Munya' timestamp='1360251058' post='188474']
Or you should have to check since anyone who has intimidate would then be at a massive disadvantage if they weren't already, it would be telling your opponent hey, I have a broken ability.
[/quote]
Didn't think about it from that perspective, but I still agree with the OP. If someone uses a pokemon with broken Ability, they should take their choice [size=1](*assume their choice, not sure whch one is correct >.< useless Google Translate -_-)[/size]. ;)

[quote name='KurapikaET' timestamp='1360252656' post='188522']
If someone uses a pokemon with broken Ability, they should take their choice
[/quote]

That would be true if it were like that from the beggining but these people who have been using them for a while don't really get the option to go back and change things. It just needs to be done when they actually fix the ability, until then leave it the way it is.

Making the ability notify of a stat change before the ability is actually implemented to make that stat change is pointless, It adds unnecessary programming work that would need to be removed later once the abilities original notification is put back in when the ability works.
It would also be unfair to those who have the pokemon with the broken ability and would prefer to keep it a secret to make others think they have different ability (Flashfire Arcanine) so that later they could make use of the move when it works without having to keep one of each with each ability to account for change.
Thurthermore, it would create further confusion when the notification says something happens and then it actually doesn't. Not all players read the forums to find out the working abilities. Unneeded bug threads and support threads would start to increase on the forum as each individual notices the move is not working but says that it is.

[quote name='Ritxarin' timestamp='1359971687' post='183763']
As it is now, there is no way of knowing if it has FF, and we risk wasting a turn trying to hit it with fire.
[/quote]

I think I can help and improve your skill at the same time.

Stop using fire against fire. It doesn't work like that.

• 2 years later...