2021 and still no hidden abilities?

greenspade

Question

Okay so I made this suggestion back 05/04/2018 cuz I was pretty choked my beartic couldn't use swift swim or slush rush.

I was told the "reason" they wanted to withhold part of the game and restrict these hidden abilities and extra abilities was cuz "they where going to add some dumbshit cave where you could find pokemon with these hidden abilities you could than breed into your other pokemon" effectively making all of our already built pokemon useless or simply breeding materials to use towards breeding with the hidden abilities pokemon.

This idea is just bluntly bad.

We're 3 years latter and its still not happening..... So can we just say "good try" and put the damn hidden abilities and extra abilities in the game so we can actually use pokemon properly as they are meant to?

Some of the pokemon (my beloved beartic for example) feel extremely broken since hes meant to be used with slush rush or swift swim to increase his speed and since hes unable to do that hes just a super slow guy who feels broken cuz hes not working properly.

Why leave the game in this state? I mean pokemon are legit unusable atm cuz their abilities haven't been finished.... Look at how you massacred my boy beartic, hes a disfigured and disabled version of his true self... its sad to see... 

On 4/1/2021 at 11:22 PM, awkways said:

Hey, remember when devs released a dev blog in 2018 saying they hoped to get dungeons and HA's out to us within "2 weeks" and then when 2 weeks passed they released another update stating that a certain community was doing too much botting/RMT for them to actually work on the game due to the amount of ban appeals they had to reply to? Yeah! I remember that too! 3 years later and nothing ^_^

Just wanna point out - in regards to (but not limited to) legendaries, dungeons, the hidden mew under the truck, the fact you don't believe the shiny rate is fair, the very existence of PokeMMO & the reason mass daily RP donators get rare shinys way easier- they've stated before that Dungeons is used as their "go-to" scapegoat. This has been their mass response excuse to when players question why the game is the way it is since 2012 (when the first players started asking why Mewtwo and the bird trio couldn't be caught).

It''s a bit funny to me that anyone takes them serious when they mention major updates or dungeons in general. Once they said HA's were going to be dungeon exclusive, it was obvious that it was a charade.  

If anyone hasn't read this post yet, I encourage you to, as it's extremely relevant:

Still not in game, this is insane.

13 minutes ago, greenspade said:

Still not in game, this is insane.

Not all, but we have some HA avaliable to general use: HA for all starters(except blaziken , because it's overpowered) + Eevee + Pikachu + Meowth + Clefairy , and the evolution lines for all of them. They come on the 10th anniversary update. Also, they added the Competitive Ability normally + Snow Poll and reactive Gas(Same effects than Slush Rush and Neutralizing Gas, respectively, but with name changed due to copyright reasons). Check the game before talk anything.

Edited by caioxlive13
2 hours ago, caioxlive13 said:

Not all, but we have some HA avaliable to general use: HA for all starters(except blaziken , because it's overpowered) + Eevee + Pikachu + Meowth + Clefairy , and the evolution lines for all of them. They come on the 10th anniversary update. Also, they added the Competitive Ability normally + Snow Poll and reactive Gas(Same effects than Slush Rush and Neutralizing Gas, respectively, but with name changed due to copyright reasons). Check the game before talk anything.

I did check the game; this whole "alpha released pokemon on limited events, but theres no event in the forseeable upcoming future" is total crap.

Having to rebreed your pokemon cuz you need to breed in a hidden ability is total crap.

Still no "dungeons" in the game that was supposed to have rotation of daily HA pokemon you could farm.... I can't believe I'm acutally saying this; but that would've been better than what we have now cuz at least you could get a HA pokemon outside of trading... but you'd still be screwed to breed it in and the breeding it in part is the problem.

Why can't we just have a pill like normal abilities?

Why force players with dozens of pokemon, with multiples of each, to remake their pvp boxes as a "feature" ?

The only interesting thing you said was the copyright issue with slush rush, that was one of the first things I noticed that it was "snow plow"

So they can use the names for all the other abilities but not slush rush? Is there a thread you can link me to read more about this? I'm curious about the legalities, what the issue is with these and why others are okay.

Edited by greenspade