[TOOL] Gilan's Encounter Counter (Beta Available) v1.0.3 update

3 hours ago, ShaqOT said:

Ahhh, this kind of already answers my question...i installed the Theme you  actually helped me with and now the counter doesn't work. Pick/Choose lol but question, and sorry i am just basic details guy, can i reinstall GEC and it would work or not with the theme there? 

You should try this without any mod at, mods, themes and custom strings could make this not work 

Just for those curious. I am not supporting the tool anymore (I haven’t been for a long time, but just putting it in writing now).

I was in progress of making some updates, but… well… life just kinda got in the way. I’m starting to become an old man, hard to believe I started playing Pokemmo 10 years ago, and the responsibilities of life just mean I don’t have the free time / drive to support things like this counter anymore.

If it is somehow still working for you, then that’s awesome, I tried to make the tool as robust as I could, but I’m a Finance guy, not a computer science nerd, so all the coding is just hobby work. If it doesn’t work for you, I’m sorry, I tried to make it as widespread as possible, but again I’m no master coder 😛

Cheers,

Gilan

30 minutes ago, Gilan said:

Just for those curious. I am not supporting the tool anymore (I haven’t been for a long time, but just putting it in writing now).

I was in progress of making some updates, but… well… life just kinda got in the way. I’m starting to become an old man, hard to believe I started playing Pokemmo 10 years ago, and the responsibilities of life just mean I don’t have the free time / drive to support things like this counter anymore.

If it is somehow still working for you, then that’s awesome, I tried to make the tool as robust as I could, but I’m a Finance guy, not a computer science nerd, so all the coding is just hobby work. If it doesn’t work for you, I’m sorry, I tried to make it as widespread as possible, but again I’m no master coder 😛

Cheers,

Gilan

understandable, have a good one and thanks ✌️

Still using GEC after all this time, thanks for the counter Gilan.

Thought I'd share my Shiny charizard GEC theme I made.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/s51byr7fnu88iwb/shiny_charizard_gec_theme.zip/file

What it looks like:

image.thumb.png.a38bc53eaca5325c70fc075f8d98a6ed.png

I made it a bit larger then the shuckle theme, both size and counter number.

But you could hypothetically make it smaller if you want to.

On 19/8/2023 at 15:21, Gilan said:

Sólo para aquellos curiosos. Ya no apoyo la herramienta (no lo he hecho durante mucho tiempo, pero ahora lo pongo por escrito).

Estaba en proceso de hacer algunas actualizaciones, pero... bueno... la vida se interpuso un poco en mi camino. Estoy empezando a envejecer, es difícil de creer que comencé a jugar Pokemmo hace 10 años, y las responsabilidades de la vida simplemente significan que ya no tengo el tiempo libre ni el impulso para soportar cosas como esta contraataque.

Si de alguna manera todavía te funciona, entonces es fantástico. Intenté hacer que la herramienta fuera lo más sólida posible, pero soy un tipo de finanzas, no un nerd de la informática, por lo que toda la codificación es solo un trabajo de hobby. Si no te funciona, lo siento, intenté difundirlo lo más posible, pero repito, no soy un maestro codificador 😛

Salud,

Gilán

This mod is great, I'm still using it. ❤️

I have a issue where I installed everything correctly and I even made a batch file , followed the instructions to the T , so I have 2 problems , #1 The counter operates but doesn't count when I get a encounter ( NOTE: I am using Windowed) , #2 Made the batch file correctly to the T ,and for some reason it says it cannot find the exe's of both Pokemmo and GEC when in fact I went into both targets and followed everything correctly and even did the text file correctly and made it into bat like the directions say. EVERYTHING IS CORRECT but doesn't work unfortunately. What in the Poke BALLS do I do ?

Update : Uninstalled everything , Installed the Java that is recommended from PokeMMO website. Installed everything normally, launched Pokemmo First logged in , selected my character. Next I launched the counter , and it works normally and counts. Turned off MMO and it shuts off with the counter which is good, Turned everything on again and it works once again. I also fixed the problem with dual launching the apps as the instructions I was using were giving me the wrong strings to use. So far everything works 1000% BEST ENCOUNTER MOD OUT THERE PERIOD and thank you so much to the mod author  and devs and all who have contributed to make things work flawlessly. Screenshot(2745).thumb.png.6f9ee8c5381f03d1a55ba9914dc081cf.pngCORRECT WAYScreenshot(2744).thumb.png.174c5960a8cd0ada36b64fcd93201cee.png

INCORRECT WAY

Edited by Yorumasahiko
Update
49 minutes ago, ShaqOT said:

is this now working with other mods? Doesn't for me, what is the java recommended? 

Java dosnt have nothing to do with this, try without mods and activate one by one till you find which ones dont work with this counter, thats what I suggest you, mods, strings and themes can broke this counter 

• 2 weeks later...

Hello!

Im from Germany and of course i am trying to play in my Native Language. Sadly i cant seem to get it working? im currently playing in Einall Region and use the German ROM of the White Version. Since your tool has Language integration im guessing you made it work already, guessing from some of your recent posts. Its working fine in the USA Version of the ROM.

Any suggestions what i can do to make it work in german?

Tyvm for this amazing tool though and have a good one!

Not sure what I'm doing wrong, I've followed patrouski's video and also gilan's videos and get this error. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling and I simply cannot get it to start. If anyone knows what I am doing wrong I would happily accept any and all help to resolve this issue.

Not exactly sure what information is relevant but I am using windows 11.

image.png.fa3c59cd1aee1a868c2c2773570fb0f6.png