Am I missing something?

After a hiatus of several years because real life sucks, I am back! Sort of.

I tried downloading PokeMMO and every time I try to log in, the client crashes. I have all the roms in the right places. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling several times. I tried to repair the client. I updated Java to the latest version. I even got back into my old account. I have a crappy old windows 7 64-bit and thats what I downloaded, which, according to the system requirements page, that should still work. Finally, I submitted a support request.

Is there anything else I can do? Am I missing something? Or do I just wait?

46 minutes ago, WolfgangDamien said:

After a hiatus of several years because real life sucks, I am back! Sort of.

I tried downloading PokeMMO and every time I try to log in, the client crashes. I have all the roms in the right places. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling several times. I tried to repair the client. I updated Java to the latest version. I even got back into my old account. I have a crappy old windows 7 64-bit and thats what I downloaded, which, according to the system requirements page, that should still work. Finally, I submitted a support request.

Is there anything else I can do? Am I missing something? Or do I just wait?

Welcome back!

I think I remember you posting in a bunch of art contest way back.

Anyways, it's hard to say, client crash could be a bunch of reasons.

Depends what the crash log says.

When submitting a support request, it should require you to post your console.log file. Pretty much the only way to figure out what's specifically wrong, other than tossing wild guesses.

If you've already attached console log to a support request, may as well wait.

Most forums normies don't know how to read crash logs and can't help much faster.

If you haven't, edit your support request and add the console.log. You'll get a faster response.

Edited by Eggplant

Hello!

If login on https://support.pokemmo.eu/ using your game account and go to Support > create ticket > client crash and use the error number (click on "yes" in the error message and copy the error number it gives), we will be able to help you further.

Before doing that, you can make sure your graphic drivers are updated. Thank you!

Even when I was the Support Request Head moderator, 90% of the time I just punted the error to Dasu.

This is usually not needed anymore, the support team can deal with these issues a lot of the times. The best is to contact a support moderator, which right now consists on Revz, Sethsen, BrokenBulb and me as support leader.

1 hour ago, Teddi said:

This is usually not needed anymore, the support team can deal with these issues a lot of the times. The best is to contact a support moderator, which right now consists on Revz, Sethsen, BrokenBulb and me as support leader.

Yeh, I was more digging at my own incompetency. Teddi and team are 1000000x more competent than I ever was ?

3 hours ago, Teddi said:

Hello!

If login on https://support.pokemmo.eu/ using your game account and go to Support > create ticket > client crash and use the error number (click on "yes" in the error message and copy the error number it gives), we will be able to help you further.

Before doing that, you can make sure your graphic drivers are updated. Thank you!

Yes I have done exactly that. I also spent the night updating my computer because it hasnt had internet access in about 5 years. I am 99% positive it is something I still need to update on my end, Im just not sure what yet. Thank you! Now we wait.

I may go ahead and send an updated ticket after I am certain all my updates took.