Pvp match making rewards

Jeremlee

Question

7 answers to this question

I definitely think the bi-weekly reward pokémon should be tradeable & breedable. I can see why people might not want this for the vanity rewards, though.

How many PVP players actually use the reward pokémon? I haven’t seen very many master balls in PVP especially in higher ranked players but I could be mistaken. 

Genuinely curious what the reasoning behind not allowing them to be bred or sold is. A 2x31 natured mon isn’t very expensive? Maybe there’s something I’m missing. 

Edited by azuloon
4 hours ago, azuloon said:

I definitely think the bi-weekly reward pokémon should be tradeable & breedable. I can see why people might not want this for the vanity rewards, though.

How many PVP players actually use the reward pokémon? I haven’t seen very many master balls in PVP especially in higher ranked players but I could be mistaken. 

Genuinely curious what the reasoning behind not allowing them to be bred or sold is. A 2x31 natured mon isn’t very expensive? Maybe there’s something I’m missing. 

Think of it this way.

A 2x31 4x25 with the correct nature is very much PvP viable. In very high play tho, you would want the 4x25 to be a full 5x31. Essentially, everytime a PvP reward mon is given to a player, it's just a new PvP mon/breeder being generated from nothing. This would affect the market for breeders, and essentially devalue everything to a certain extent.

As much as I would want this for the sake of getting extra breeders, I really don't think this is a good idea for longevity sake.

Edited by LucasLyn5
Grammar fix xd
27 minutes ago, LucasLyn5 said:

Think of it this way.

A 2x31 4x25 with the correct nature is very much PvP viable. In very high play tho, you would want the 4x25 to be a full 5x31. Essentially, everytime a PvP reward mon is given to a player, it's just a new PvP mon/breeder being generated from nothing. This would affect the market for breeders, and essentially devalue everything to a certain extent.

As much as I would want this for the sake of getting extra breeders, I really don't think this is a good idea for longevity sake.

That makes sense - they’re not very hard to get & it would get chaotic every 2 weeks when a different mon is flooding the market. I definitely wasn’t thinking this way when I wanted to make a Conkeldurr from scratch and I had a reward one with Mach Punch but it wasn’t hard to do. 

Now that I think about it this way even being able to breed a reward pokémon & not sell it people would (rightfully) still breed them into 3, 4, or 5 IV pokémon which would also affect the market. Thanks for explaining

Edited by azuloon
On 8/29/2022 at 8:56 PM, Jeremlee said:

Make pvp match making rewards sellable or at least breedable, id like to know the reasoning behind making the untradeable. Is it in regards to the economy surrounding the pokemon?

i feel like making them tradable does devalue the market a lot so instead maybe make them 6x31 or 5x31 1x0, and give the player an option between a pool of mons could be 2 all the way up to like 10 and they can choose one that they'd like.

15 hours ago, LucasLyn5 said:

Think of it this way.

A solution is give to MM prize mons a Trophy Mark, that allow it to be breeded, but the mark will be passed onto childs, and every mon with the mark cannot be selled.