[TOOL] Archetype Counter - Automatically track encounters / Eggs / Fossils - v3 - CJK support!

10 hours ago, PirloOP said:

Encounter counter and theme isnt working for me

Theme doesnt show up on interface-theme tab and when i try to run the counter pop up an error that says isnt installed properly but it is

You did not install either of them properly.

The counter has a fail-safe function that tells you if its in the proper directory, it is not. Extract it into PokeMMO\data\mods, as the readme states.

I also guarantee you extracted the theme into the themes folder, not the data folder like the readme states.

Please reach out to us on Discord for further assistance.

image-4.png

Edited by nurver9
3 hours ago, Izz said:

Hi, been using the encounter counter for 3 hours and got an issue where there is a pop up message that said "You got a shiny (...)" but didn't even see the shiny in battle.

Hi there, @Izz first of all, my apologizes you received this prompt when you shouldn't of. As stated in the readme, please supply the error logs that are generated when a scan passes or fails to scan- or anything out of the ordinary happens. That way, we can see what actually triggered the error. Without logs, there is literally nothing we can do.

Using the GTL or Dex during battle could cause this, otherwise please reach out to us with error logs and images.

https://github.com/ssjshields/archetype-counter#how-can-i-report-a-bug

hello , I am a chinese languane player . I have encountered an issue with the program's language support. As you may know, Chinese language support can be challenging to implement. While I understand the difficulties involved, I was wondering if there is a way to use the program without language support altogether.

Currently, whenever I try to use the program, I receive a language error notification, which prompts me to change my system language from Chinese to English. I would like to continue using the program without encountering this error, even if it means not having the Chinese language support.

Is it possible to provide an option or workaround that allows me to use the program without language support, eliminating the language error? This way, I can continue using the program seamlessly without the need to switch my system language.

Thank you for your attention to this matter, and I appreciate any assistance or guidance you can provide. I look forward to your response and continued support for the Archetype Counter program.

fdsgdbvvc.png

8 hours ago, xxx111241 said:

hello , I am a chinese languane player . I have encountered an issue with the program's language support. As you may know, Chinese language support can be challenging to implement. While I understand the difficulties involved, I was wondering if there is a way to use the program without language support altogether.

Currently, whenever I try to use the program, I receive a language error notification, which prompts me to change my system language from Chinese to English. I would like to continue using the program without encountering this error, even if it means not having the Chinese language support.

Is it possible to provide an option or workaround that allows me to use the program without language support, eliminating the language error? This way, I can continue using the program seamlessly without the need to switch my system language.

Thank you for your attention to this matter, and I appreciate any assistance or guidance you can provide. I look forward to your response and continued support for the Archetype Counter program.

fdsgdbvvc.png

3 hours ago, mechoori said:

Do you have any plans to support Korean?

Hi @xxx111241, @mechoori! We would love to add support for CJK languages!
Please contact me via direct message, or if you have access to Discord (https://discord.com/invite/rYg7ntqQRY), that is the better place to reach out.
Note that I cannot confirm a development time-frame or definite possibility of adding them.

11 hours ago, IMxNoBoDy said:

Linux Version support realease?

As stated in the readme Archetype Counter is built using PowerShell and processes images using imagemagick and Windows OCR. 

The syntax used for functions do not translate from PS 5.1 - 7.1, which is all that linux supports. The Counter is open source, simply open the main batch file and everything is there. Should someone capable convert the syntax to 7.1 and find an linux alternative to using WinForms functions, OCR processing and imagemagick, then yes, it would work on Linux.

We currently have no plans to convert or rewrite the Counter.

Just a quick update. We currently have a "beta" build on Github that has massive changes.

Beta - Changelog:

- Replaced Windows OCR with Tesseract OCR (For Multi-Lang support and more accurate)

- Now fully support Multi-Lang because of OCR technology change

- Added in additional multi-lang support for Fossil tracking 

- Added in alternate Pixel Check option (For detecting when in battle)

Please jump on our discord for the download or use the Github link and change to the "Beta" branch and download. If you do run the beta build, please provide feedback on your experience so we can always better improve the counter. Thanks! :)

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/21/2023 at 6:21 PM, ShadowJesus said:

hey, is it possible to make a way to transfer my encounters from gilans counter to your archtype counter? I think I'd like to switch to your counter and this would make it far easier for me and I imagine others in the community.  

https://github.com/ssjshields/archetype-counter/#can-i-convert-data-from-other-counters

Calling all users, we are looking for testers for our "beta" build of Archetype Counter. We have made a huge breakthrough will ALL languages now supported. We specifically need CJK testers to ensure all looks good language support wise. @Thekingofglory Can you potentially help from the Chinese community side?

Link: https://github.com/ssjshields/archetype-counter/tree/Beta

2 hours ago, Gakki030 said:

QQ20230924210304.thumb.png.b6ad7749892232023d047c4e09dfc190.png Here is a word error in scanning, There are some other Pokemon as well。QQ20230924210922.png.73e896f151acc5b1e0b181ae8e43398a.pngHere's where the ‘LV’ is scanned as well

In addition, this test version can be run in the Chinese environment, I'm very happy to be able to use this

Thank you for the error! I have now added in some more additional check to prevent this issue from happening again. Please re-download the latest "beta" build to no longer run into that issue. If you run into anymore issues, please let us know :)

9 hours ago, AnonymousPoke said:

Thank you for the error! I have now added in some more additional check to prevent this issue from happening again. Please re-download the latest "beta" build to no longer run into that issue. If you run into anymore issues, please let us know 🙂

Thanks for the fix, But there are still a little bit of misidentification such as 

QQ浏览器截图20230925093816.png

QQ浏览器截图20230925094712.png

QQ浏览器截图20230925094755.png

12 hours ago, Gakki030 said:

Thanks for the fix, But there are still a little bit of misidentification such as 

QQ浏览器截图20230925093816.png

QQ浏览器截图20230925094712.png

QQ浏览器截图20230925094755.png

Hey There! I noticed the code changed I made was incorrect. My apologies on that, I have now re-updated the "beta" build on GitHub. Please re-download and use that new version. That should resolve the "Lv," issue.

For the incorrect scanned name, unfortunately you may run into some names when tracking to track the Chinese language. This is best I can do with Tesseract and the current font we are using. The accuracy is extremely high, but may have some names here and there that will show as incorrect. Go into the counter menu and select the option "Open Name Fix File".

image.png.50a0ed7b0760d20fda681be51d928c65.png

You should now have the "CounterConfig_PokemonNameFix.txt" file open. As you can see in the screenshot below, if you have any names that are being picked up incorrectly, you will add that scanned name on the left hand side following a semi-colon and then put what the scan of the name SHOULD be on the right hand side of the semi-colon. So, when the counter goes to scan the names, even though the name may be incorrect, this will rename the incorrect name to the correct one and allow for a successful counter detection going forward.

Once you have done this many times and any names you have to correct in this file, please share with us after a few days as I am going to add the corrections to the global distribution of the counter 🙂

image.png.ee5cbc6df8b407cad12cdda8b08661a7.png

I notice that even when using a custom theme, Archetype will change the font of the wild Pokemon I am currently battling. Is there a way to keep using the font included in my theme, or does Archetype need to change the font to properly use OCR? I would definitely prefer to use  the font I have for everything else in PokeMMO to be used in battle if possible.

EDIT: In addition, if I am curious of how many Dittos (for example) I have encountered so far, but do not see Ditto within the menu titled "Extra Pokemon Slots", how can I see my total Ditto seen count? Or possibly edit Pokemon in "Extra Pokemon Slots"?

EDIT 2: My apologies for all the questions lol, just installed this EC today, was previously using Gilans' Encounter counter.

Is there a way to automatically have auto count feature on when Archetype is launched? Knowing me I will forget to turn that switch on when launching both, as I use a batch file to open both PokeMMO and whatever encounter counter I'm using.

Edited by sleepytimebear
3 hours ago, AnonymousPoke said:

Hey There! I noticed the code changed I made was incorrect. My apologies on that, I have now re-updated the "beta" build on GitHub. Please re-download and use that new version. That should resolve the "Lv," issue.

For the incorrect scanned name, unfortunately you may run into some names when tracking to track the Chinese language. This is best I can do with Tesseract and the current font we are using. The accuracy is extremely high, but may have some names here and there that will show as incorrect. Go into the counter menu and select the option "Open Name Fix File".

image.png.50a0ed7b0760d20fda681be51d928c65.png

You should now have the "CounterConfig_PokemonNameFix.txt" file open. As you can see in the screenshot below, if you have any names that are being picked up incorrectly, you will add that scanned name on the left hand side following a semi-colon and then put what the scan of the name SHOULD be on the right hand side of the semi-colon. So, when the counter goes to scan the names, even though the name may be incorrect, this will rename the incorrect name to the correct one and allow for a successful counter detection going forward.

Once you have done this many times and any names you have to correct in this file, please share with us after a few days as I am going to add the corrections to the global distribution of the counter 🙂

image.png.ee5cbc6df8b407cad12cdda8b08661a7.png

Thanks again for your help,now I know how to solve the problem of scanning errors.I will record them as I play,I will also share with my friends to record it.Thanks again for making this software,I believe with this software,It will be easier for me to find the shiny Pokemon🥰

4 hours ago, sleepytimebear said:

I notice that even when using a custom theme, Archetype will change the font of the wild Pokemon I am currently battling. Is there a way to keep using the font included in my theme, or does Archetype need to change the font to properly use OCR? I would definitely prefer to use  the font I have for everything else in PokeMMO to be used in battle if possible.

EDIT: In addition, if I am curious of how many Dittos (for example) I have encountered so far, but do not see Ditto within the menu titled "Extra Pokemon Slots", how can I see my total Ditto seen count? Or possibly edit Pokemon in "Extra Pokemon Slots"?

EDIT 2: My apologies for all the questions lol, just installed this EC today, was previously using Gilans' Encounter counter.

Yes, for reliable and successful OCR scanning on a screenshot that has been captured, Archetype Counter makes this necessary change just to the battle Pokémon name plate. Yes, technically we could allow you to use your own font and whatever default font with the theme in battle, the issue that comes into play is inconsistency with the OCR scanning. I bet you would have an overwhelming amount of failed scans if we did not take this approach. This is the reason for replacing the name plate that is a certain style/size.

Just as an fyi to everyone, Archetype Counter does NOT hook into PokeMMO at all. We take extremely rapid screenshots of the PokeMMO window and then utilize the OCR technology to grab text from the screenshot and then do a decent amount of post logic processing to clean up any odd text/symbols picked up. This is what makes this tool so successful/reliable and robust and with the recent switch to Tesseract OCR, the counter now fully supports ALL languages.

If you have seen dittos and you have 3 other Pokémon that you have seen more, then yes check the "Extra Pokémon Slots" in the menu and you should see that ditto has been tracked and the total individual count for that Pokémon. Yes, you can add Pokemon manually into the counter, but please read the Github on the options as it explains how to do that (But not for Pokémon in extra slots unfortunately.

4 hours ago, sleepytimebear said:

Is there a way to automatically have auto count feature on when Archetype is launched? Knowing me I will forget to turn that switch on when launching both, as I use a batch file to open both PokeMMO and whatever encounter counter I'm using.

Forget what you used to do before (With GEC or any other tool). If you decide to use AC on a regular basis, then do no launch PokeMMO at all. The moment you open AC and select the slider to turn the counter on, if PokeMMO is not opened you will be prompted to launch it. That simple. No need for external file to call both programs. This counter will only ever work if PokeMMO is already opened or you try and turn on the counter and accept YES to launch PokeMMO. the moment you close the PokeMMO without turning the counter off, the counter will know and prompt again. That simple. 

3 hours ago, Gakki030 said:

Thanks again for your help,now I know how to solve the problem of scanning errors.I will record them as I play,I will also share with my friends to record it.Thanks again for making this software,I believe with this software,It will be easier for me to find the shiny Pokemon🥰

Happy it is working for you! Be sure to share that list here on the forums as I would love for those corrections to be a part of a global list that will be distributed out when I make the beta build the new main build for everyone to use.

Enjoy shunting :)