Team mail in pokemmo

zorghy

Question

It would be good, and very necessary, to have a way to send email to the entire team, to announce group events and other important things.

I see in these 10 years in which I play, that many players ignore the team's activities because they don't remember find out about them.

That way, being able to send mail to the whole team at the same time would help a lot of groups in pokemmo to grow.

6 answers to this question

All the teams have a description in which they usually place the team information, link to their social networks, discord, etc. Forums have the option to create a dedicated section for teams to post their information there. Finally, don't you think that if they ignore all of the above, they will also ignore the emails?

I want to clarify that it is a good idea to have some way of getting the attention of all the members of a team. But I'm sure someone will comment on this post with a screenshot and many unread emails

Maybe a countdown timer can be placed on the screen for events? Just like for the one for donator status. The team higher ups would be able to set it to countdown to the event.

The timer will have the event name on it and when you hover over it it would show you a short summary of event info.

Might be nice for official non pvp events as well. Ofc if they go this route they may need to add an option to decide when the timer becomes active before the event, like a day or an hour etcs, to avoid clutter on the screen.

12 hours ago, Edwardinho said:

All the teams have a description in which they usually place the team information, link to their social networks, discord, etc. Forums have the option to create a dedicated section for teams to post their information there. Finally, don't you think that if they ignore all of the above, they will also ignore the emails?

I want to clarify that it is a good idea to have some way of getting the attention of all the members of a team. But I'm sure someone will comment on this post with a screenshot and many unread emails

I appreciate your reply, but the social media you mentioned usually has a way of tagging the entire group when needed, because this is an important tool on any platform that has ways of contacting the public. And no, many people enter discord and forget about the server, without even looking, or not even notice the description of the team in the game, but the mail is notified on the screen to be seen. I know it's not such a difficult thing to do, as it should be a basic tool in the game's communication. 

After all, as you confirmed, "is a good idea to have some way of getting the attention of all the members of a team", and i complete that it is the most seen way of communicating, why it speaks directly to each player individually, regardless of someone has a screenshot of not seeing the mails, because that would be one case out of thousands.

thank you again and ask that you of the staff please really discuss this as well as other ideas from the gaming public.

Edited by zorghy
22 hours ago, Edwardinho said:

A way that can be used to avoid this is separate in a different section on Mail that will be by default always opened first when mail are open. But it can be changed on settings to not harm breeders and make them potentially lose some extra time collecting the mons received from mail(But this isn't mandatory because we can now send 5 mons in a row on mail) 1 or 2 aren't harmful, but amounts like 45 or above can be harmful.

This ping will sent a notification separated like: 1 New Team Notification and the notifications of the team can be sended to all players or specific players. A way to do that is leave on mail sending a field with you can put name of members that will receive the mail, but with a select field to switch beetween Whitelist(that will send to all players on list) or Blacklist(that will send to all players except the ones on the list.)

On 9/9/2022 at 8:12 PM, caioxlive13 said:

A way that can be used to avoid this is separate in a different section on Mail that will be by default always opened first when mail are open. But it can be changed on settings to not harm breeders and make them potentially lose some extra time collecting the mons received from mail(But this isn't mandatory because we can now send 5 mons in a row on mail) 1 or 2 aren't harmful, but amounts like 45 or above can be harmful.

This ping will sent a notification separated like: 1 New Team Notification and the notifications of the team can be sended to all players or specific players. A way to do that is leave on mail sending a field with you can put name of members that will receive the mail, but with a select field to switch beetween Whitelist(that will send to all players on list) or Blacklist(that will send to all players except the ones on the list.)

Yes, is about this, we need a way to make team notifications in game, this should be something basic in a game that deals with teams. We can't just rely on players' attention to read the team description, and that would be useful also for the moderators, or anyone who needs to send the same mail to multiple players.